• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

İnilerim

İnilerim

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry for necro'ing the thread, but can anyone else from Germany still reach the site at all? İt's not accessible for me unless I use a VPN. Screenshot 20220816 125659

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Hello dears, I have also used other secure browsers.

metager.org is one That's also based in Germany

Startpage . com is another

There's been talk of DuckDuckGo not being true to their promise. Search "DuckDuckGo reviews " for some,

Hugs xx

The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
Current German legistration regarding this is absolutely fucking bonkers.
The once great nation that so many respected is a jester of it's former self.

TransMagical

TransMagical

Volo ergo sum
Feb 10, 2023
Our site's search results have been completely removed for German users for being "illegal" (citation needed) and we were never notified about it. I had to go look for myself on Germany search results and I didn't see the website when I searched it.

Upon further investigation, I stumbled upon a thread here that referred to a site being illegal and it is from the search results, but it didn't mention a URL or name of the website. We now know that it is referring to our website and we will be contacting Google inquiring about this. A notification is the least they could do if you're going to block an entire countries population from viewing a website, a first world country at that. It also seems that the website was removed under the guise of it being "for the children" as it references in the complaint that our site was illegal according to "German Youth Law"

Germany seems to be the only country that has taken this course of action. I just wanted to let you all know that this has been confirmed by myself.

Sincerely,
Marquis
We should make some "pathways" to get here for when other countries ban this site in results if they do.
Some steps I would say are; make a tumblr, twitter, and insta that has the link to the site saved, or attached to a linktree. Or a "gateway" of a site, where the mods of this sub, and maybe other mental health subs(like the ed-support forum), come together to make one link/site that just links you to the various sites and forums.
Perhaps making a backup site or 2, or try merging with another mental health forum site entirely
Or try changing the name of the forum to something without "suicide" in the name to gain less attention from authorities, such as "Selfhelp Sanctuary", keep the SS as a classic but make it seem less bad and less like its a suicide forum and more just some happy people chatting about how much they love life.
Again stupid idea I had but I hope it could help i the future

exhaustedanonymous

exhaustedanonymous

everything that lives is gone to waste
Nov 14, 2022
i'm in germany and it's still coming up for me.. maybe it's cause i'm using an "american" computer or something?? but my vpn says it's connected to germany and i can access and search for ss perfectly fine

NGenIronFist

NGenIronFist

Apr 9, 2023
I'm from Germany and I can't find the forum when I'm searching for it in sites like Chrome and Google. I still have the option to use the Tor browser or use a VPN to switch to some other country in Europe.

3widentnie

3widentnie

Tired of trying
Apr 22, 2023
Our site's search results have been completely removed for German users for being "illegal" (citation needed) and we were never notified about it. I had to go look for myself on Germany search results and I didn't see the website when I searched it.

Upon further investigation, I stumbled upon a thread here that referred to a site being illegal and it is from the search results, but it didn't mention a URL or name of the website. We now know that it is referring to our website and we will be contacting Google inquiring about this. A notification is the least they could do if you're going to block an entire countries population from viewing a website, a first world country at that. It also seems that the website was removed under the guise of it being "for the children" as it references in the complaint that our site was illegal according to "German Youth Law"

Germany seems to be the only country that has taken this course of action. I just wanted to let you all know that this has been confirmed by myself.

Sincerely,
Marquis
Hello there,
I'm new here and kinda happy that I found this site since I find it helpful and informative.
I'm located in Germany but I do catch polish network (idk if you say it like that haha) so maybe it has to do something with that.
Furthermore blocking access to this platform will not help or affect it in any positive way, I think.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Hello there,
I'm new here and kinda happy that I found this site since I find it helpful and informative.
I'm located in Germany but I do catch polish network (idk if you say it like that haha) so maybe it has to do something with that.
Furthermore blocking access to this platform will not help or affect it in any positive way, I think.
Hallo und wilkommen - Hatten Sie Probleme, diese Website in Deutschland zu finden?

Reactions: ever so lonely
ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
wow did the mods know this ?, is this even legal ?, can countries ban certain websites ? wow this is news to me, can they do that rainandsadness ?, i know there is other mods but rainandsadness is the only mod i know of that maybe could clarify if that is possible ?, can countries ban certain websites from showing up ?, and if so what is stopping other countries ?, quite worrying isnt it, hope everybody is ok today 🙏❤️, i know it is an old post, but wow never heard of this before, the only countries i thought that banned or restricted sites was perhaps those like north korea or places like that, this is crazy 🥺

MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
wow did the mods know this ?, is this even legal ?, can countries ban certain websites ? wow this is news to me, can they do that rainandsadness ?, i know there is other mods but rainandsadness is the only mod i know of that maybe could clarify if that is possible ?, can countries ban certain websites from showing up ?, and if so what is stopping other countries ?, quite worrying isnt it, hope everybody is ok today 🙏❤️, i know it is an old post, but wow never heard of this before, the only countries i thought that banned or restricted sites was perhaps those like north korea or places like that, this is crazy 🥺
Not a mod, but yes. Every country has different laws surrounding online safety and this does allow them to hide/block websites that they deem unsafe for users within that country. What's stopping other countries, is their individual laws

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
In Spain itself it is more or less like this, article 143bis of the Penal Code is very clear in this regard, although only in relation to access by minors or the disabled:
//
A Espanya mateix és més o menys així, l'article 143bis del Codi penal és molt clara al respecte, tot i que només en quan a l'accés dels menors d'edat o discapacitats:

Article 143 bis.

The distribution or public dissemination through the Internet, telephone or any other information or communication technology of contents specifically intended to promote, encourage or incite the suicide of minors or disabled persons in need of special protection shall be punishable by imprisonment for a term of one to four years.

The judicial authorities shall order the adoption of the necessary measures for the removal of the contents referred to in the preceding paragraph, for the interruption of the services that predominantly offer such contents or for the blocking of both when they are located abroad.

Why don't they do it then? I guess because the rules of SaSu scrupulously respect what the article asks for.
//
Per què no ho fan llavors? suposo que perquè les normes de SaSu respecten escrupulosament el que demana l'article.

• Informative
Reactions: rationaltake
HelloReaper

HelloReaper

Apr 21, 2023
I searched "sanctioned suicide" on Google.de and found it just fine.

W

Wowser

-
Mar 7, 2023
It's the second result for me. (Technically the first because the first one is the hotline thing)

S

seekingpeacefulend

Apr 13, 2023
Sad to know everyone that tries to shut down ss won't even hear us out to figure out a better way to help us, just keep posting a phone number to pretend they care
And all the anti suicide ph numbers are is a stranger saying I'm so sorry you're going through this I understand why you'd be feeling suicidal. In my view they don't because they're not me going with out basic needs alone isolated with no quality of life and until they experience that they don't understand. No help at all. So many organizations know what's causing this yet no one helps me be able to have basic needs met like power and food. No power means other life necessities are missing, hot water heating cups of tea microwave etc. And it's winter here now so only going to get far far worse. They don't know they're a stranger saying they care but they go home to their families friends warm home and a nice hot meal and shower while nothing changes

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
How does that work actually?
I am from a country where SaSu is apparently removed from search results as well, but it shows up when I look for it...
Is it only removed from google cause I use a different search engine, or does it have to do with dns or something like that?

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
How does that work actually?
I am from a country where SaSu is apparently removed from search results as well, but it shows up when I look for it...
Is it only removed from google cause I use a different search engine, or does it have to do with dns or something like that?
If you can access the site normally, but it simply won't show in some search engine's results, it was simply removed from their results.

S

Stargazer100

Student
May 25, 2021
Are there any search engines out there which do not censor anything?

P

Psychologemelone44

May 1, 2023

Sincerely,
Marquis
well i can still find it via google, browser is FireDragon on Garuda Linux Dragonized, Search Term: sanctioned suicide
Search Term: sorrow solutions

spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
It seems to be back now. I get a suicide hotline and then the SaSu website on the clearnet. Nothing privacy based, just the Firefox browser. The same goes for Google Chrome.

minx

minx

praying machine
May 20, 2023
It seems to be back now. I get a suicide hotline and then the SaSu website on the clearnet. Nothing privacy based, just the Firefox browser. The same goes for Google Chrome.
Same for me, i found it on mobile browser, right under a suicide hotline link.

I wonder why it disappeared before.

Reactions: spøgelse
spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
Same for me, i found it on mobile browser, right under a suicide hotline link.

I wonder why it disappeared before.
No idea, but it has happened to other sites too. AO3, paheal rule 34 and the normal rule 34 was deleted off search engines as well at one point for a short while.

WhyIsThisSoHard

WhyIsThisSoHard

Mar 13, 2023
As far as I can see (Chrome, Edge) all give you a Hotline to call and then show the Site under that, with and without Safe search. Tried from Berlin/Germany.

mitsurumors

mitsurumors

She sells seashells on the seashore 🎶
Jun 11, 2023
Since I didn't knew the name of the site I searched "ctb suicide forum" and found it; can't say if the name itself is banned, but the forum is still findable via Google.

Vivacious_Vee

Vivacious_Vee

Jun 17, 2023

My phone found you last night, yet my lap top took ages to find you, I would of given up but I knew I had already been here, so I knew I would find you again. x

Reactions: milkofcalcium
softgirlluna

softgirlluna

Jul 8, 2023
Right to die and pro suicide websites are difficult to find on the clearnet especially with search engines like google, even in places where censorship is lax, because results tend to get flooded with anti-suicide pages and hotline numbers. Try setting your default search engine to duckduckgo (disable country and safety filters) or use an onion browser (i.e. Tor) which tends to have default duckduckgo anyways.