• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Trainwreck

Trainwreck

Student
Sep 11, 2019
Hmm I was wondering why I couldn't find any at CVS... no matter they had Tagamet instead

Pepcid should work too.

edit: just realized my ranitidine has a minty coating. Hope that's not a problem.

S

SprocketFiend

Sep 28, 2019
Pepcid should work too.

edit: just realized my ranitidine has a minty coating. Hope that's not a problem.

The minty coating should be fine, it shouldnt change the effectiveness of the other drugs at all.

Reactions: Trainwreck
Trainwreck

Trainwreck

Student
Sep 11, 2019
My original plan for tonight is shot. I only ate about 600 calories before 2 pm, but the damn gastroparesis is rearing it's ugly head. I'm bloated and a bit nauseous, so I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow night. Today was so long and nerve wracking, I dread having to do it all again. I'd completely fast if I could, but I'm so underweight, I get weak very fast without a little sustenance. Man this sucks! I wish there was an easier way to get out of this nightmare.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dwna25, Time and Boochky
K

KanyePepper

Oct 1, 2019
I've been reading this site for a while but never posted. Have had a few failed attempts in the past mostly involving carbon monoxide but this method is intriguing. I'm about ready to order the sodium nitrite. I have a bottle of Ondansetron otherwise known as Zofran which is an antiemetic. I'm reading that it blocks serotonin not dopamine though, so wondering if this will work. I have a ton of Zantac too because I've had stomach issues for a long time.

I got the bottle of Zofran when I had surgery a year ago and never thought I'd need it but maybe now it'll come in handy? I hope.

S

SprocketFiend

Sep 28, 2019
My original plan for tonight is shot. I only ate about 600 calories before 2 pm, but the damn gastroparesis is rearing it's ugly head. I'm bloated and a bit nauseous, so I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow night. Today was so long and nerve wracking, I dread having to do it all again. I'd completely fast if I could, but I'm so underweight, I get weak very fast without a little sustenance. Man this sucks! I wish there was an easier way to get out of this nightmare.

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time, Trainwreck! I can imagine how frustrated you must be.

Trainwreck

Trainwreck

Student
Sep 11, 2019
Thanks Sprocket! And thanks for the helpful tips you've been giving as well!

• Hugs
Reactions: SprocketFiend
Return2Dust

Return2Dust

Experienced
Sep 28, 2019
I'm worried about the 8 hr fasting. Wondering if I should take my SN when I wake up so the fasting takes place overnight. I took my first Meto (Reglan) 3 hrs ago and I have a stomach ache. Weird. I hope this doesn't continue. 48 hrs is a long time.

Trainwreck

Trainwreck

Student
Sep 11, 2019
I'm taking domperidone, but I found the minor side effects lessened on the second day I took it. Hopefully that will be the case for you. I see nothing wrong with your idea of fasting overnight, so long as it doesn't increase your chance of being found. I'd prefer to do it that way too, but have to do it at night while everyone else is sleeping.

Reactions: Return2Dust
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
So I finally found an Ebay listing for Metoclopramide that ships to Finland. My Domperidone should be here soon. This waiting is very frustrating. It seems like every time you think you have everything sorted out, a new piece of information pops up and messes up all your plans.

Domperidone sounds safer with less side effects, but it seems to not work well with Famotidine. I'll probably play it safe and go with meto. Although in the Five Last Acts, Domperidone is actually listed as the "best" antiemetic, when in the Peaceful Pill, Metoclopramide is recommended. Anyone know why this is?

EDIT: It seems it's listed as the "best" as it is OTC in the author's country. At least that's what I got from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egddios and strangecreature

Aug 21, 2019
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why such a high amount of sn is recommended. Everything what I read is that just a few g can lead to ctb. There were a family in 1936 or so who died rapidly by just a few gramms. Each of them vomited, but regardless they ctb. According to wiki for a 80 kg male are just 5.6 g deadly. I am asking because of the risk to throwing it up.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why such a high amount of sn is recommended. Everything what I read is that just a few g can lead to ctb. There were a family in 1936 or so who died rapidly by just a few gramms. Each of them vomited, but regardless they ctb. According to wiki for a 80 kg male are just 5.6 g deadly. I am asking because of the risk to throwing it up.
It's a good question and it's good that you are looking up data around it. You might also find that someone who had nearly 10gm survived, but that report doesn't say if the patient had intervention. Some journals will hover around 100mg of SN per kilo of your weight to be a fatal dose. There is also a certain but unmeasurable aspect about individual tolerance regarding SN. May have something to do with metabolism.

T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
It's a good question and it's good that you are looking up data around it. You might also find that someone who had nearly 10gm survived, but that report doesn't say if the patient had intervention. Some journals will hover around 100mg of SN per kilo of your weight to be a fatal dose. There is also a certain but unmeasurable aspect about individual tolerance regarding SN. May have something to do with metabolism.
Stomach acid breaks down SN rapidly, that's why I think anti-acid is really not optional, for anyone, regardless of gastric problems.
And while 25 grams could compensate, this is an insane amount, and things can get ugly and not very peaceful.

Reactions: Return2Dust and Egddios
S

SprocketFiend

Sep 28, 2019

I've come to a similar conclusion, Stan. Everyone's bodies are so different, and it can be so unpredictable as to what will work for one person but then not work for the next. I was surprised to learn that the recommended dose of SN went up from 15 to ~25(!)g, but it seems like with SN it's better to err on the side of caution with a higher dose, because you just can't know how your body will react to it.

Stan, from your research, what are your thoughts on taking both domperidone and meto? Do you think that would further increase the anti-emetic effects, or do you think that the risk of increased side effects and possible drug interaction would defeat any possible benefits of taking both meds at the same time?

Reactions: RightToExit
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Stan, from your research, what are your thoughts on taking both domperidone and meto? Do you think that would further increase the anti-emetic effects, or do you think that the risk of increased side effects and possible drug interaction would defeat any possible benefits of taking both meds at the same time?
here's a good site for people to check drug interactions as some people may already be on a prescription so good to check that as well.

Personally I would try and keep the medications as few as possible. Do a test run before you start the regimen to see if you get any adverse reactions as a small percentage of people do. But my personal opinion is stick to one dopamine blocker and keep to the dosage until its time for your stat dose.

It's also worthwhile thinking that people have reported in their goodbye threads that they vomited and still passed away. You don't know if it was dry retching, a little come up or they completely emptied their stomachs.

Higher the amount of SN is obviously better, just whether it is palatable is the question. My personal solution, which chemically is also the best way, is to use as little water as possible when dissolving it. Higher the concentration/density the faster the ingestion.

L

Lolapeeps

Oct 2, 2019
Im wondering what would happen if one just took the SN, without the anti sickness, beta blockers and reflux medicines? Im thinking the beta blocker Propranolol would make me feel awful. It would be really useful if there was any info on previous people taking SN without these other medicines and how they got on? The big question is, is it specifically the SN that causes vomitting, or is just one's predisposition to vomitting that can bring it on? If one does vommit it up, can it potentially cause brain damage?

S

SprocketFiend

Sep 28, 2019
Thank you for your insight and input, @Stan! I really value and appreciate all the hard work you've done in sharing your knowledge and advice with us. I agree with you regarding the lowest palatable amount of water with the SN, that has been my thinking as well. I will follow your advice and do a small test run with meto. If I happen to have some nasty reaction to it, I'll switch to and stick with domperidone instead. Thanks again Stan!

Reactions: Stan
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
The big question is, is it specifically the SN that causes vomitting, or is just one's predisposition to vomitting that can bring it on? If one does vommit it up, can it potentially cause brain damage?
That's really down to the individual and their constitution. I read somewhere that people used to purposefully drink salty water to make them vomit. So I guess there is that to think upon. Not a single report of any lasting damage from people who recovered from SN poisoning in the medical records I have seen. If the beta blocker gives you problems, then don't. A majority (if not everyone) of those who recorded their regimen never took it.

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
That's really down to the individual and their constitution. I read somewhere that people used to purposefully drink salty water to make them vomit. So I guess there is that to think upon. Not a single report of any lasting damage from people who recovered from SN poisoning in the medical records I have seen. If the beta blocker gives you problems, then don't. A majority (if not everyone) of those who recorded their regimen never took it.
I somewhere read about blindness after unsuccessful attempt can you tell me if it was true and it actually happened or someone made it up? I think you somewhere answered it's BS but just making sure.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I somewhere read about blindness after unsuccessful attempt can you tell me if it was true and it actually happened or someone made it up? I think you somewhere answered it's BS but just making sure.
I did have to laugh out loud as I'd love to know how and why this still goes around. Apparently a user did report going blind and I can't state whether its true or not. But what I can say is if you look outside of this forum and look at the real medical resources, they do list possible symptoms - blindness in any shape or form, temporary or permanent, is not one of them

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
I did have to laugh out loud as I'd love to know how and why this still goes around. Apparently a user did report going blind and I can't state whether its true or not. But what I can say is if you look outside of this forum and look at the real medical resources, they do list possible symptoms - blindness in any shape or form, temporary or permanent, is not one of them
I think someone there wrote he went temporaly blind but maybe it was just because he went unconscious or w/e.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I think someone there wrote he went temporaly blind but maybe it was just because he went unconscious or w/e.
Could be. With low blood pressure, which SN will give you - fainting (which not at all a bad thing for this) can happen. Make sure you are in a relaxed position (bed or easy chair) when you take it because i have seen people faint with low blood pressure and they don't often see it coming.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Since I am maniacally and childishly thrilled with how we go looking like a smurf, I wish this mega thread would be renamed to 'Doing a smurf mega thread'. Currently my emotional intelligence and sense of humour is around 2 years old, please don't hate me. :/

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Red, Letmego. Please, Deleted member 1465 and 2 others
Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
Since I am maniacally and childishly thrilled with how we go looking like a smurf, I wish this mega thread would be renamed to 'Doing a smurf mega thread'. Currently my emotional intelligence and sense of humour is around 2 years old, please don't hate me. :/
Are we really that blue after this method?
After N you look normal ? I know after carbon monoxide you are red so no win aswell.

blankSlate

blankSlate

Sep 17, 2019
Anyone know if drinking water matters before taking SN? I only saw that you shouldn't eat anything for a longer period before and something about not drinking high-acid soda

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Try and take as little as you can but drinking water does not constitute as breaking your fast. Drink only water and nothing else, especially fruit juice and sodas as they have a high acid levels

Reactions: Boochky and blankSlate
L

Lolapeeps

Oct 2, 2019
Thank you so much, that was really helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan
Dubs

Dubs

I exist without my consent.
Aug 16, 2018
Try and take as little as you can but drinking water does not constitute as breaking your fast. Drink only water and nothing else, especially fruit juice and sodas as they have a high acid levels
What about beer? A few over 8 hours?

L

Lolapeeps

Oct 2, 2019
A few months ago, I bought SN and it has an expiry date of 2023. I had heard that the shelf life should be indefinite. Should we pay attention to the official expiry date shown?