• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Iwillhavepeace

Iwillhavepeace

It's been more than a decade of this crap...
Nov 12, 2023
After I open my SN bag how long will the SN last before it loses it's effects

Reactions: Unknown21
M

mrelief82

Broken to 1000 pcs
Nov 23, 2023
I have the same question . Anyone have this knowledge ?

Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
I think it lasts until its expiration date if sealed back up, but I'm not sure. Could be that it only lasts a few days.

Iwillhavepeace

Iwillhavepeace

It's been more than a decade of this crap...
Nov 12, 2023
I'm worried about oxidation
I hope someone that has more knowledge on this tells us

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Okay, but as long as it's sealed. And just opened for a hørt time. Then I think you don't need to worrie about it. :)

Goku Black

Goku Black

Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I think it lasts until its expiration date if sealed back up, but I'm not sure. Could be that it only lasts a few days.
Days? Oxidation does not take days to happen, it's a very slow process otherwise once it's opened, why should anyone using sn for analytical purposes even need to use it if the oxidation process renders the Nitrite useless in days.
wow it looks like it's fast
even if I keep the bag sealed?

Just read these. Questions like these keep popping up again and again when they've already been answered, sometimes all you have to do is look for yourself instead of relying on answers from users who'll tell you one thing or another, indicating that they themselves probably don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: リンさん
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
SN should be tested with the testing strips.

Last edited:
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
wow it looks like it's fast
even if I keep the bag sealed?
No, it doesn't start to oxidize until it's in contact with air. Also try to keep it away from sunlight and humidity! AND take a test to check it's purity. Hope this helps a bit ❄️

S

Soon i will be gone

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
When sodium nitrite is exposed to air, it undergoes slow degradation through photochemical processes with a half-life of 82.3 days.

Explanation:

When sodium nitrite is exposed to air, it undergoes slow degradation processes influenced by light, known as photochemical processes. These reactions occur due to the interaction between sodium nitrite and light energy from the surroundings. The term "half-life of 82.3 days" indicates the time required for half of the sodium nitrite to degrade.

This means that after 82.3 days, the amount of sodium nitrite is halved due to this photochemical degradation. This degradation can vary depending on environmental factors. The fact that it's a slower process suggests that sodium nitrite doesn't rapidly decompose when exposed to air but rather diminishes gradually.

Source:
European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)

Reactions: Unknown21
Goku Black

Goku Black

Mod
Jun 5, 2023
The fact that it's a slower process suggests that sodium nitrite doesn't rapidly decompose when exposed to air but rather diminishes gradually.
Well, this is what matters for anyone to know.

The term "half-life of 82.3 days" indicates the time required for half of the sodium nitrite to degrade.
Does this happen when it's exposed to air even just after opening it once or is it frequently because usually SN is used in labs primarily to this may be aimed at that. If the degradation varies per environmental factors such as heat sources, reactant material or moisture then that 82.3 day time limit may be limited to how the SN is kept and in what prevailing conditions.

Reactions: Soon i will be gone
S

Soon i will be gone

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
Well, this is what matters for anyone to know.

Does this happen when it's exposed to air even just after opening it once or is it frequently because usually SN is used in labs primarily to this may be aimed at that. If the degradation varies per environmental factors such as heat sources, reactant material or moisture then that 82.3 day time limit may be limited to how the SN is kept and in what prevailing conditions.

12-hour day at 25°C.

When sodium nitrite is exposed to light and air, it gradually breaks down. The predicted time for half of it to degrade is around 82.3 days. This process involves interactions with hydroxy radicals, and the calculation considers a 12-hour day at 25°C. In simpler terms, sodium nitrite doesn't rapidly disappear but slowly diminishes over time due to these chemical reactions.

https://echa.europa.eu/hr/registration-dossier/-/registered-dossier/14890/5/2/2

Goku Black

Goku Black

Mod
Jun 5, 2023
In simpler terms, sodium nitrite doesn't rapidly disappear but slowly diminishes over time due to these chemical reactions.
So if half of it degrades inside 82.3 days, how long until it's practically not able to be used.

However, since sodium nitrite shows a very low vapour pressure evaporation is negligible; therefore, phototransformation in air is of minor importance

What does it mean in terms terms Phototransformation in air being of minor importance?

Last edited: