• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
hi there,
I am committed to do full suspension hanging though I see very conflicting information on these forums and elsewhere. Please help me figure out the right approach. I want to do full suspension (short on no drop with a stool or just jumping from anchor point) from a tree branch somewhere in an isolated area

1. From what I see semi static rope is best for this case. I am planning to use 10mm semi static polyamide rope.
I read that dynamic ropes that stretch are no good since the noose might not tighten correctly.

2. What type of knot... there is a lot of conflicting information as for what type of knot should be used. Full suspension (short drop) is what I'll be trying because of the reliability.
Hangman knot is no good since it creates friction and doesn't tighten, while I fear the simple noose or slip knot are not reliable in this scenario? They look like they might loosen if something pulls down from inside the knot
I also saw reports of noose not tightening because the polyamide static rope is not soft.
From what I see, a tightening knot should be used as this will help compress the arteries and pass out quickly?

3. Position of knot relative to the neck. From what I see just below the jaw (high on the neck and behind the neck) is better since it will compress both arteries along with the windpipe of course. I saw reports of 1-3 minutes of consciosness but I can't figure out how this is possible since the rope will most likely compress the arteries.

Please assist me good people and do not troll me. I am serious in doing this and I want to do it one time I can't afford staying alive after trying

Last edited:
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
does anyone have info on this? I really need it since I am doing my preparation

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I suggest posting on the hanging mega thread as people may be following that thread and will be alerted there is a post.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Do you want to talk at all about why you are considering/preparing to do this?

• Love
Reactions: martin8383784
M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
I suggest posting on the hanging mega thread as people may be following that thread and will be alerted there is a post.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it is all about partial suspension while I want to do full because of its reliability. Not sure if it is ok to post there but I'll try, sadly there is no full suspension thread.

Anyone who has knowledge on the topic please assist

Last edited:
Reactions: Djfrend
T

tom90

Oct 1, 2019
I was wondering; why do tjey recommend simple noose instead of hanging man's noose?

M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
I was wondering; why do tjey recommend simple noose instead of hanging man's noose?
hanging man is used for long drop hanging where the subject falls through a trap door and the neck is broken due to the fall
In partial or full hanging with no drop self tightening knot should be used to restrict the blood vessels and/or airway

Reactions: tom90
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
hi there,
I am committed to do full suspension hanging though I see very conflicting information on these forums and elsewhere. Please help me figure out the right approach. I want to do full suspension (short on no drop with a stool or just jumping from anchor point) from a tree branch somewhere in an isolated area

1. From what I see semi static rope is best for this case. I am planning to use 10mm semi static polyamide rope.
I read that dynamic ropes that stretch are no good since the noose might not tighten correctly.

2. What type of knot... there is a lot of conflicting information as for what type of knot should be used. Full suspension (short drop) is what I'll be trying because of the reliability.
Hangman knot is no good since it creates friction and doesn't tighten, while I fear the simple noose or slip knot are not reliable in this scenario? They look like they might loosen if something pulls down from inside the knot
I also saw reports of noose not tightening because the polyamide static rope is not soft.
From what I see, a tightening knot should be used as this will help compress the arteries and pass out quickly?

3. Position of knot relative to the neck. From what I see just below the jaw (high on the neck and behind the neck) is better since it will compress both arteries along with the windpipe of course. I saw reports of 1-3 minutes of consciosness but I can't figure out how this is possible since the rope will most likely compress the arteries.

Please assist me good people and do not troll me. I am serious in doing this and I want to do it one time I can't afford staying alive after trying
To answer your questions:
  1. I ended up reading somewhere that the static vs semi static question doesn't matter for our purposes. Wish I could provide a citation but couldn't find it again in a reasonable amount of time. I'm not familiar with polyamide but trust you've done some research on it
  2. You could eliminate the knot question entirely by using a carabiner to form the noose instead. Just attach it with a eight knot to the business end of your rope. But from my understanding a simple noose should work fine too... the solidity of the metal carabiner is just kind of reassuring for me
  3. I kept the noise high up in my trials with partial suspension, it seems to be the way to go. It's tricky in there with the different arteries and veins, but if you're really committed I don't think you'll fail. My only advice would be to try to go completely limp when you drop-don't tense up.
  4. Bonus: I always have had more success when drinking. It relaxes the body and makes it easier to go limp, let's you get over inhibitions and SI more easily, and increased general comfort
Best of luck

M

martin8383784

Dec 27, 2019
To answer your questions:
  1. I ended up reading somewhere that the static vs semi static question doesn't matter for our purposes. Wish I could provide a citation but couldn't find it again in a reasonable amount of time. I'm not familiar with polyamide but trust you've done some research on it
  2. You could eliminate the knot question entirely by using a carabiner to form the noose instead. Just attach it with a eight knot to the business end of your rope. But from my understanding a simple noose should work fine too... the solidity of the metal carabiner is just kind of reassuring for me
  3. I kept the noise high up in my trials with partial suspension, it seems to be the way to go. It's tricky in there with the different arteries and veins, but if you're really committed I don't think you'll fail. My only advice would be to try to go completely limp when you drop-don't tense up.
  4. Bonus: I always have had more success when drinking. It relaxes the body and makes it easier to go limp, let's you get over inhibitions and SI more easily, and increased general comfort
Best of luck
really appreciate your answer!
so what type of rope do you use?
For the noose you are using a loop with carabiner?
Have you considered doing full?

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
really appreciate your answer!
so what type of rope do you use?
For the noose you are using a loop with carabiner?
Have you considered doing full?
I got a climbing rope with a carabiner on each end from amazon. Then I cut it to be easier to work with, then reattach the carabiner to the rope with a figure eight knot. I just clip the carabiner back onto a section of the rope to form the noose. I haven't considered full just because I don't have access to any place to do it other than trees, and I need privacy. I did consider short term renting a cabin or house with wooden beams, but I decided that if I really want to go partial is more convenient and just as effective. Partial is super convenient because you can turn practically any door into a reliable anchor point using a resistance band holder (less than $10 on amazon) and Be gone within about thirty minutes. The only thing is that it can be finicky to find the right spot sometimes, so if I choose to go I will try partial first, but take my backup methods as well

Reactions: martin8383784
đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´

đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I got a climbing rope with a carabiner on each end from amazon. Then I cut it to be easier to work with, then reattach the carabiner to the rope with a figure eight knot. I just clip the carabiner back onto a section of the rope to form the noose. I haven't considered full just because I don't have access to any place to do it other than trees, and I need privacy. I did consider short term renting a cabin or house with wooden beams, but I decided that if I really want to go partial is more convenient and just as effective. Partial is super convenient because you can turn practically any door into a reliable anchor point using a resistance band holder (less than $10 on amazon) and Be gone within about thirty minutes. The only thing is that it can be finicky to find the right spot sometimes, so if I choose to go I will try partial first, but take my backup methods as well
Cutting a rope weakens it and makes it more likely to fray or tear.

Reactions: Solar1703
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Not sure what you mean with the whole cutting the rope weakens it. Yeah it will fray on the end that is cut but that's about it? I ordered a rope from a rope store too. Two actually and both were 8 metre lengths cut from a spool so they're cut at both ends but also like, melted(?) so they don't fray. I doubt a rope store would sell rope by cutting it from a larger spool if it would weaken the product they're selling.

đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´

đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
That's not what I'm talking about.
My rope was also cut from a spool and heat shrinked, but the user is talking about trimming the rope themself after purchasing it. Which is different.

I'm just reiterating what a knowledgable rope expert with experience of boating was saying, i can't recall the name of the forum though.

I think if rope is frayed on the end and then your whole weight will pull on it, it could possibly weaken the fibres throughout. But idk for sure.

Reactions: Solar1703