• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I can't handle that guy's sexuality. I'm pretty sure he did something despicable to some boy
He certainly fucked up his son in some way, judging from his tragic end by overdose that was long time coming. Thomas didn't even attend his funeral cause he was busy doing lectures in Stockholm. By all accounts, none his children were spared of his sterness and distant behavior. His other son Golo actually waited for him to die so he could start writing.
Death in Venice is clearly a portrayal of his repressed sexuality. But I think he was consciouss of what would happen if he gave in to his needs. No less than a plague will spread and he would remain alone and die alone. The shame was strong in this one.
"Solitude produces originality, bold and astonishing beauty, poetry. But solitude also produces perverseness, the disproportionate, the absurd and the forbidden."
An internal conflict and neurosis was clearly happening in old Thomas. The question is, was this all only about shame for what would happen, or was it about guilt for what did happen? Was this a dialectical excercise exploring the final consequence or a death wish because of a guilt trip, I don't know, but I sure like his writing.

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
An internal conflict and neurosis was clearly happening in old Thomas. The question is, was this all only about shame for what would happen, or was it about guilt for what did happen? Was this a dialectical excercise exploring the final consequence or a death wish because of a guilt trip, I don't know, but I sure like his writing.
I sure wish he hadn't procreated. If you're an intelligent miserable freak, you ought to know better than that

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I sure wish he hadn't procreated. If you're an intelligent miserable freak, you ought to know better than that
It's sad, but there are many examples like this; think of Paul Dirac. He was by all means a genius, and his childhood was traumatic and accounted for his odd personality (his brother even committed suicide at the age of 25). That didn't stop him from having two children, and it comes to no surprise that he was a very aloof father. His wife wrote:
"It is the irony which only life can produce that Paul suffered severely from his father, who had the same difficulties with his family. Paul, although not a domineering father, kept himself too aloof from his children. That history repeats itself is only too true in the Dirac family."

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"It's all just a dream"
Oct 26, 2019
With rue my heart is laden
For golden friends I had,
For many a rose-lipt maiden
And many a lightfoot lad.
By brooks too broad for leaping
The lightfoot boys are laid;
The rose-lipt girls are sleeping
In fields where roses fade.

[A E Housman]

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
M

Mir88

Oct 5, 2022
"I saw my life branching out before me like the green fig tree in the story. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked.
One fig was a husband and a happy home and children, and another fig was a famous poet and another fig was a brilliant professor, and another fig was Ee Gee, the amazing editor, and another fig was Europe and Africa and South America, and another fig was Constantin and Socrates and Attila and a pack of other lovers with queer names and offbeat professions, and another fig was an Olympic lady crew champion, and beyond and above these figs were many more figs I couldn't quite make out.
I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose.
I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet"

- Sylvia Plath

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
A Quiet Death

Biting your tongue
so the words don't slip out.
The taste of copper,
sharp in your mouth.

"Penny for your thoughts"
the saying goes
but they could never afford
the words buried below.

Sentenced to silence,
laid in unmarked graves,
as you're slowly murdered
by the things you don't say.

- J.M. Green

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
How strange it is. We have these deep terrible lingering fears about ourselves and the people we love. Yet we walk around, talk to people, eat and drink. We manage to function. The feelings are deep and real. Shouldn't they paralyze us? How is it we can survive them, at least for a little while?

From one of my favorite books, Don DeLillo's White Noise

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
"Prefiro mil vezes uma existência dramática, atormentada pelo seu destino e submetida ao suplício das chamas mais ardentes, à do homem abstrato, apoquentado por questões não menos abstratas e que apenas o afetam superficialmente. Desprezo a ausência do risco, da loucura e da paixão."

- Emil Cioran

Reactions: jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
"But know this: as far as a music culture goes, EDM is the one who will accept the kids on the outliers, the ones who get bullied, the ones who feel like they may not quite fit in. This community is exceptional in its ability to bond all types together, and I am not exaggerating when I say it saves lives. Our audience is intelligent and kind, discriminating only in regards to which sound they like best. Our audience is unprecedented in their drive to proactively support each other." ~ Kaskade

Earl E. Demise

Earl E. Demise

Nov 21, 2022
"
Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you'll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way."
Janet Fitch

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
"Raving is about more than just music, it's about connecting with people and experiencing a collective energy that is greater than the sum of its parts." - Paul Oakenfold

Jaqen H'ghar

Jaqen H'ghar

Mar 31, 2023
A-man-who-asks-is-a-fool-for-five-minutes.-A-man-who-never-asks-is-a-fool-for-life..jpg