• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021

"I'm such a negative person, and always have been. Was I born that way? I don't know. I am constantly disgusted by reality, horrified and afraid. I cling desperately to the few things that give me some solace, that make me feel good.

I hate most of humanity. Though I might be very fond of particular individuals, humanity in general fills me with contempt and despair. I hate most of what passes for civilization. I hate the modern world. For one thing there are just too Goddamn many people. I hate the hordes, the crowds in their vast cities, with all their hateful vehicles, their noise and their constant meaningless comings and goings. I hate cars. I hate modern architecture. Every building built after 1955 should be torn down!

I despise modern music. Words cannot express how much it gets on my nerves – the false, pretentious, smug assertiveness of it. I hate business, having to deal with money. Money is one of the most hateful inventions of the human race. I hate the commodity culture, in which everything is bought and sold. No stone is left unturned. I hate the mass media, and how passively people suck up to it.

I hate having to get up in the morning and face another day of this insanity. I hate having to eat, shit, maintain the body – I hate my body. The thought of my internal functions, the organs, digestion, the brain, the nervous system, horrify me.

Nature is horrible. It's not cute and loveable. It's kill or be killed. It's very dangerous out there. The natural world is filled with scary, murderous creatures and forces. I hate the whole way that nature functions. Sex is especially hateful and horrifying, the male penetrating the female, his dick goes into her hole, she's impregnated, another being grows inside her, and then she must go through a painful ordeal as the new being pushes out of her, only to repeat the whole process in time.

Reproduction – what could be more existentially repulsive?

How I hate the courting ritual. I was always repelled by my own sex drive, which in my youth never left me alone. I was constantly driven by frustrated desires to do bizarre and unacceptable things with and to women. My soul was in constant conflict about it. I never was able to resolve it.

Old age is the only relief.

I hate the way the human psyche works, the way we are traumatized and stupidly imprinted in early childhood and have to spend the rest of our lives trying to overcome these infantile mental fixations. And we never ever fully succeed in this endeavor.

I hate organized religions. I hate governments. It's all a lot of power games played out by ambition-driven people, and foisted on the weak, the poor, and on children.

Most humans are bullies. Adults pick on children. Older children pick on younger children. Men bully women. The rich bully the poor. People love to dominate.

I hate the way humans worship power – one of the most disgusting of all human traits.

I hate the human tendency towards revenge and vindictiveness. I hate the way humans are constantly trying to trick and deceive one another, to swindle, to cheat, and take unfair advantage of the innocent, the naïve and the ignorant.

I hate the vacuous, false, banal conversation that goes on among people.

Sometimes I feel suffocated; I want to flee from it.

For me, to be human is, for the most part, to hate what I am. When I suddenly realize that I am one of them, I want to scream in horror."

― Robert Crumb

All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
...I prefer to think God is a giant quiltmaker. With an infinite variety of designs. And the quilt is grown so big and confusing, the pattern is impossible to see, the squares and diamonds and triangles don't fit well together anymore, it's all become meaningless. So He has abandoned it.

DoodleBug

DoodleBug

Just a guy passing by
Dec 9, 2019
The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.

David Foster Wallace.

I can as well just copy and paste most of Infinite Jest tbh, but this quote just slaps and no wonder its on at the top on his goodreads page, heh.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life and be at peace. - Sylvia Plath

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life and be at peace. - Sylvia Plath
This is actually a quotation from the fifth chapter of Oscar Wilde's "The Canterville Ghost".

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
almost-all-of-our-sorrows-spring-out-of-our-r-312276.jpg

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
"The problem was you had to keep choosing between one evil or another, and no matter what you chose, they sliced a little bit more off you, until there was nothing left. At the age of 25 most people were finished. A whole god-damned nation of assholes driving automobiles, eating, having babies, doing everything in the worst way possible, like voting for the presidential candidates who reminded them most of themselves. I had no interests. I had no interest in anything. I had no idea how I was going to escape. At least the others had some taste for life. They seemed to understand something that I didn't understand. Maybe I was lacking. It was possible. I often felt inferior. I just wanted to get away from them. But there was no place to go."
- Charles Bukowski, Ham on Rye

RayofHope

RayofHope

Apr 29, 2021
"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream."

~ MARTIN LUTHER KING JR ~​

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
My time is a piece of wax falling on a termite that's choking on the splinters

• Love
Reactions: Endex and Dead Meat
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I add some that I like:

-I'm not afraid of the enemy that attacks me, but of the false friend that embrace me. - Not sure who

-When the blood from your veins returns to the sea and the dust from your bones returns to the ground, you may remember that this land does not belong to you, but you belong to this land. - Amerindian proverb

I heard it and forgot it; I saw it and understood it; I did it and I learned it - Confucio

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
"F**k everything, man.
That's what my conscience said.
Then it bunny-hopped off my shoulder, now my conscience dead.
Now the only guidance that I had is splattered on cement.
Actions speak louder than words, let me try this shit.
Dead."

- Yonkers, (Tyler, the Creator)

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
"Did you notice what went wrong in that scene? Ordinarily, Billy would work hard to make money from his paper route. Then he'd use the money to buy dinner for Mavis, thus earning the slim chance to perform the reproductive act. But in a world where teens can date robots, why should he bother? Why should anyone bother? Let's take a look at Billy's planet a year later. Where are all the football stars? And where are the biochemists? They're trapped! Trapped in a soft, vice-like grip of robot lips. All civilization was just an effort to impress the opposite sex ... and sometimes the same sex."

-From a PSA within Futurama

Reactions: Laivirt
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
When Zhuangzi was about to die, his disciples expressed a desire to give him a sumptuous burial. Zhuangzi said, "I will have heaven and earth for my coffin and coffin shell, the sun and moon for my pair of jade disks, the stars and constellations for my pearls and beads, and the ten thousand things for my parting gifts. The furnishings for my funeral are already prepared—what is there to add?"

"But we're afraid the crows and kites will eat you, Master!" said his disciples.

Zhuangzi said, "Above ground, I'll be eaten by crows and kites; below ground, I'll be eaten by mole crickets and ants. Wouldn't it be rather bigoted to deprive one group in order to supply the other?"

- from the Zhuangzi

• Love
Reactions: Sensei
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
So, baby, kiss me like a drug, like a respirator
And let me fall into the dream of the astronaut
Where I get lost in space that goes on forever
And you make all the rest just an afterthought
And I believe it's you who could make it better
Though it's not
No, it's not

-- Aimee Mann