• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
"The world says: "You have needs — satisfy them. You have as much right as the rich and the mighty. Don't hesitate to satisfy your needs; indeed, expand your needs and demand more." This is the worldly doctrine of today. And they believe that this is freedom. The result for the rich is isolation and suicide, for the poor, envy and murder."

"I'm a master of speaking silently—all my life I've spoken silently and I've lived through entire tragedies in silence."

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits."

--
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Last edited:
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
"I saw all the mirrors on earth and none of them reflected me."

"I don't speak of vengeance, nor of forgiving; forgetting is the only revenge and the only forgiveness."

--Jorge Louis Borges

aWishNotTrue

aWishNotTrue

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 5, 2021
"All those eyes intent on me. Devouring me. What? Only two of you? I thought there were more; many more. So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wives' tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE!" - No Exit, Jean-Paul Sartre

"To each his suff'rings: all are men,
Condemn'd alike to groan,
The tender for another's pain;
Th' unfeeling for his own.
Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies.
Thought would destroy their paradise.
No more; where ignorance is bliss,

'Tis folly to be wise." - Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College, Thomas Gray

"But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,"
- Hamlet (Act 3 Scene 1), Shakespeare

aWishNotTrue

aWishNotTrue

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 5, 2021
Doesn't Red say dots when you challenge him in Heart Gold/Soul Silver?

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
"Personally I have no bone to pick with graveyards, I take the air there willingly, perhaps more
willingly than elsewhere, when take the air I must. The smell of corpses, distinctly per-
ceptible under those of grass and humus mingled, I do not find unpleasant, a trifle on the
sweet side perhaps, a trifle heady, but how infinitely preferable to what the living emit, their
feet, teeth, armpits, arses, sticky foreskins and frustrated ovules. And when my father's
remains join in, however modestly, I can almost shed a tear. The living wash in vain, in vain
perfume themselves, they stink. Yes, as a place for an outing, when out I must, leave me my
graveyards and keep—you—to your public parks and beauty-spots. My sandwich, my banana,
taste sweeter when I'm sitting on a tomb, and when the time comes to piss again, as it so often
does, I have my pick."
-Beckett, First Love

• Love
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
"I broke with the sun and stars.
I let the world go.
I went far and deep with the knapsack of things I know.
I made the journey, bought the useless, found the indefinite,
And my heart is the same as it was: a sky and a desert."

-- Fernando Pessoa

Last edited:
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Eat, pray, chug.

Pardon my take
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.

Victor Frankl

Last edited:
Reactions: Laivirt
aWishNotTrue

aWishNotTrue

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 5, 2021
"The thing that had been his son bounced and writhed on its Jaunt couch, a twelve-yearold boy with a snow-white fall of hair and eyes which were incredibly ancient, the corneas gone a sickly yellow. Here was a creature older than time masquerading as a boy; and yet it bounced and writhed with a kind of horrid, obscene glee, and at its choked, lunatic cackles the Jaunt attendants drew back in terror. Some of them fled, although they had been trained to cope with just such an unthinkable eventuality. The old-young legs twitched and quivered. Claw hands beat and twisted and danced on the air; abruptly they descended and the thing that had been his son began to claw at its face. "Longer than you think, Dad!" it cackled. "Longer than you think! Held my breath when they gave me the gas! Wanted to see! I saw! I saw! Longer than you think!" Cackling and screeching, the thing on the Jaunt couch suddenly clawed its own eyes out. Blood gouted. The recovery room was an aviary of screaming voices now. "Longer than you think, Dad! I saw! I saw! Long Jaunt! Longer than you think-"It said other things before the Jaunt attendants were finally able to bear it away, rolling its couch swiftly away as it screamed and clawed at the eyes that had seen the unseeable forever and ever; it said other things, and then it began to scream, but Mark Oates didn't hear it because by then he was screaming himself." - The Jaunt, Stephen King

Skeleton Crew is such a great set of stories

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
"We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how dearly we have clung to this dream across the aeons? How could you! You couldn't! Never ever ever! We who once faced those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us to the edge of the galaxy! US! As if THAT loveliness wasn't enough, they tried to erase our very existence from history! RUDE! Only through our magic were we able to overcome their science and achieve great prosperity! We alone were responsible for stopping that repulsive nightmare of a galactic crisis, yet this is how you repay us! This won't stand! It won't be forgiven! It won't be forgotten! Never ever EVER! Those who called us mad, are you listening? You left us at the edge of the galaxy to be forgotten, then went along your merry way, probably living somewhere pretty and peaceful! But know this! Your future is a farce! You have none! We, masters of a matter most dark, vow to be restored, as foretold in the book of legend, which everyone thought was just a fairy tale! It WASN'T! We have already obtained the vessel that contains our Dark Lord, and he will soon awaken and shower us in compassion! Look! The vessel of our Dark Lord is filling up even as we speak! Now the time for his greatness to enter our world has come! Welcome to a new history! A new age! The age of awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

-Hyness from Kirby Star Allies

• Love
Reactions: aWishNotTrue
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Lovecraft quotes:

"No new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace."

"There is no field other than the weird in which I have any aptitude or inclination for fictional composition. Life has never interested me so much as the escape from life."

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal; that all things appear as they do only by virtue of the delicate individual physical and mental media through which we are made conscious of them; but the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism."

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
The special quality of hell is that you see everything clearly down to the last detail.

-- Y. Mishima

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
"…to realize that all your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream you had inside a locked room - a dream about being a person..."

--Rust Cohle, True Detective

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
"Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life."

"It was Grandfather's watch and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire; it's rather excruciatingly apt that you will use it to gain the reducto absurdum of all human experience which can fit your individual needs no better than it fitted his or his father's. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools."

--William Faulkner

"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."

--Jorge Louis Borges

Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Everything has been figured out, except how to live.
-- Sartre

Reactions: Laivirt