• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I have a poor understanding of physics so I apologize if this is a trivial question, but what if your body floats after you succeed at passing out in your bathtub? @Ben

If you are face down in a full tub when you blackout, your body most likely won't turn over. I doubt The convulsions would be enough to flip your entire body around in a tub. It will splash some water out, so keep that in mind. Im 6'2, so I would hesitate using a bathtub for myself. Im buying a small kiddie pool lol. The bathtub should only be an option if you cannot do this is a large body of water like a closed outdoor pool, lake, river, or ocean. It's still very possible to use a bathtub, but I can't guarantee anything. That would be wrong of me.

N

Nlnp2

Student
Sep 22, 2018
If you are face down in a full tub when you blackout, your body most likely won't turn over. I doubt The convulsions would be enough to flip your entire body around in a tub. It will splash some water out, so keep that in mind. Im 6'2, so I would hesitate using a bathtub for myself. Im buying a small kiddie pool lol. The bathtub should only be an option if you cannot do this is a large body of water like a closed outdoor pool, lake, river, or ocean. It's still very possible to use a bathtub, but I can't guarantee anything. That would be wrong of me.
Another question
Is hyperventilation really required (if I understand this it shouldn't, because the method is basically drowning while unconscious right?) or can it work with any trick that can make you pass out? I think I could induce unconsciousness by meditating, that's why I want to know.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Another question
Is hyperventilation really required (if I understand this it shouldn't, because the method is basically drowning while unconscious right?) or can it work with any trick that can make you pass out? I think I could induce unconsciousness by meditating, that's why I want to know.

Hyperventilating is only nesseary to induce a blackout underwater. If you have a method that can make you lose consciousness underwater, then that will work fine too.

I think you would have to be a freakin guru to mediate yourself into unconsciousness while being in water you know will kill you, but if you can, yes it will work. You could drink yourself into a blackout when you're in water. You could make something hit you so hard, it knocks out you into water. You just need to be unconscious and submerged for death to occur.

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
@Ben I forget and I'm too lazy to find the thread, but didn't you say you went into a place with large body of water, but it was freezing cold? Isn't cold water shock drowning a thing too?

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
@Ben I forget and I'm too lazy to find the thread, but didn't you say you went into a place with large body of water, but it was freezing cold? Isn't cold water shock drowning a thing too?

If it is, I was robbed of it! The cold hit me so hard, that I do belive it could of induced some sort of involuntary reaction that lead to drowning... but all I know is what I've been through, and the cold made it impossible for me.

N

Nlnp2

Student
Sep 22, 2018
About the brain damage thing. If you fail this or any other method naturally (in the sense your own body saves you) It's unlikely that you'll become a vegetable or retarded even if you're deprived of oxygen for more than 3 or 4 minutes (it happened to me). I think considerable damage should only occur after the 6 minutes mark.

Sacha

Sacha

Girl with multiple personalities & we want to die.
Sep 27, 2018
Cold water shock is literally the shock of suddenly and unexpectedly being in cold water. You'd only drown if the water is deep enough because you'll be trying too hard to stay above the water and you'll be breathing uncontrollably which is when you'll let more water into your lungs. I don't know why we know this stuff.
Realistically you'll only drown if you for example suddenly and unexpectedly fell into a really cold lake or the ocean if it's cold enough and you don't know how to react to cold water shock.

N

Nlnp2

Student
Sep 22, 2018
To be honest I have a bad feeling about this too. The only way I see it working it's by passing out in a river or in open sea water (actually I think only the open sea it's 100% failureproof)
water.jpg

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
To be honest I have a bad feeling about this too. The only way I see it working it's by passing out in a river or in sea water

Wel I'm not an ambassador of shallow water blackouts. If it's doesnt seem like the method for you, I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I have as much knowledge as anybodys research can give them. I'm personally confident in this method, so that's why I'm here still replying...but if you want to choose another method, I won't be offended lol

I'm just trying to answer peoples questions the best I can

N

Nlnp2

Student
Sep 22, 2018
Wel I'm not an ambassador of shallow water blackouts. If it's doesnt seem like the method for you, I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I have as much knowledge as anybodys research can give them. I'm personally confident in this method, so that's why I'm here still replying...but if you want to choose another method, I won't be offended lol
I think It can work, but it just needs more thought to it. A good start would be figuring out a method to immobilize your body just in case, and doing some math. I'll probably stick to hanging. Thanks anyway.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I think It can work, but it just needs more thought to it. A good start would be figuring out a method to immobilize your body just in case, and doing some math. I'll probably stick to hanging thanks anyway.

You only would have to worry about immobilizing if you're in a bath tub. Not if you are in a pool, lake, river, or ocean. Even then, its not a nessesity. I'm not sure where math comes into play either. Good luck with hanging though!

N

Nlnp2

Student
Sep 22, 2018
You only would have to worry about immobilizing if you're in a bath tub. Not if you are in a pool, lake, river, or ocean. Even then, its not a nessesity. I'm not sure where math comes into play either. Good luck with hanging though!
Wouldn't your body try to save itself in a pool and float? And I see this happening in a river too. I'm sure I've read somewhere that a guy tried to drown himself for a scientific experiment, but he also used additional weights. If he used the weights there must be something to it. Oh yeah, he was also unconscious. I forgot to say that.

Last edited:
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Wouldn't your body try to save itself in a pool and float? And I see this happening in a river too. I'm sure I've read somewhere that a guy tried to drown himself for a scientific experiment, but he also used additional weights. If he used the weights there must be something to it. Oh yeah, he was also unconscious. I forgot to say that.

I don't know what to say friend. I've left plenty of information here. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

N

Nlnp2

Student
Sep 22, 2018
Why did you fail, if you don't mind me asking?
I tied the rope in a loop to my bed put in a vertical position. Then I experienced near blacking out/asphyxiation for the first time, and I got scared by it. That happened when I wrote this thread, then the next day I played the choking game with the rope, before doing that I looked at my watch to see what time it was and the next thing I remember is that I was laying down on the ground with a headache and back pain. I couldn't move my body for 30 seconds or less. I was scared because I didn't realize what happened until I could move my body and looked at my watch again. Apparently the support broke.

D

DeletedUser4739

If it is, I was robbed of it! The cold hit me so hard, that I do belive it could of induced some sort of involuntary reaction that lead to drowning... but all I know is what I've been through, and the cold made it impossible for me.
If that were true the Polar Bear Club cold water swimming club would be a disaster lol

D

DeletedUser4739

All excellent points. Being and remaining unconscious is the best way to fight off that pesky survival instinct.

Revok

Revok

Oct 6, 2018
Figured I'd share my experience with this method. I read up a lot on shallow water blackout and also on blackouts through inhaling helium, so I decided to combine the two because that was bound to work.

1. Purchased a big tank of helium and used it to fill a large balloon.
2. Put on a weighted backpack
3. Kneeled in full bathtub
4. Hyperventilated
5. took a deep breath of helium from the ballon
6. Submerged my head face down and held my breath, expecting to go unconscious

I did unfortunately not go unconscious, even after emptying the entire balloon underwater. I then refilled the balloon while trying to hold my breath and repeated steps 5 and 6. I continued doing that until my entire 250 litres of helium were empty.
This was a few months ago. I'm not sure what went wrong. Logic dictates that I should have been out at some point.

I did feel very dizzy and foggy by the end of it, but also it was becoming near impossible to hold my breath for very long because at some point my body realized there was an oxygen shortage and ordered me to breathe faster.

Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Say I do it in a tub, how could I prevent my head to float or turn sideways when I pass out? Any suggestions?
The passing out can work, but the waking up thrashing around in water and hitting your head on the side of the tub....don't think there is any way to control what your body does. (Drunken "why not" try for me. I was impressed I could make myself pass out though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.