• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
For some of us, benzos, sleeping pills don't work at all anymore, as well as alcohol. Something to do with GABA neurotransmeters/receptors.

Similarily, some of us (especially PSSD sufferers) have issues with neurotransmeters (dopamine, melatonine, seratonine...) : it's like our receptors for them don't work anymore.

1) How to ease into your CBT without the help of benzos, alcohol, sleeping pills ? Can opiates be an option ?

2) Is it safe to aim for SN CBT while AE like domperidone are dopamine antagonists since our receptors are fucked up ? Is domperidone working on receptors in the gut or the brain, does it a make a difference for us ?

D

Deleted member 65988

Is it safe to aim for SN CBT while AE like domperidone are dopamine antagonists since our receptors are fucked up ? Is domperidone working on receptors in the gut or the brain, does it a make a difference for us ?
The problem with this how effective any dose needed for SN would be. Since it is a short term use for the regimen, it's rather tricky to say how effective it'll be but I also don't see how detrimental it could be at the same time.

Well It works by blocking dopamine receptors in the area postrema of the brain, which is responsible for the control of the vomiting center, not necessarily the gut but what it does is promote gastric emptying.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Well It works by blocking dopamine receptors in the area postrema of the brain, which is responsible for the control of the vomiting center, not necessarily the gut but what it does is promote gastric emptying.
You mean there are two functions : inhibit the vomiting in the brain + promote gastric emptying ?
The problem with this how effective any dose needed for SN would be. Since it is a short term use for the regimen, it's rather tricky to say how effective it'll be but I also don't see how detrimental it could be at the same time.
Maybe by testing it before hand. First to see if there is any adverse effect and second to maybe drink vomit inducing drinks ? Like salty coffee... Or just putting your fingers at the back of your mouth and see what happens when you try to puke.

I'm in no way knowledgeable, this is just my 2 cents...

D

Deleted member 65988

Maybe by testing it before hand. First to see if there is any adverse effect and second to maybe drink vomit inducing drinks ? Like salty coffee... Or just putting your fingers at the back of your mouth and see what happens when you try to puke.
I'm not sure unless you are that sensitive to feeling nauseous then I'm not sure how it would translate to sn. I think testing it in small doses would be a good thing to otherwise see if there is a reaction.

You mean there are two functions : inhibit the vomiting in the brain + promote gastric emptying ?
Well yes since Domperidone can be used to treat gastrointestinal motility disorders such as GERD.

Domperidone works by blocking dopamine receptors in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Dopamine normally inhibits the release of acetylcholine, which is responsible for stimulating smooth muscle contraction in the GI tract. By blocking dopamine receptors, domperidone increases the release of acetylcholine, leading to enhanced GI motility and accelerated gastric emptying.