KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
Ah, okay, so I came off too strong. Fair enough. Though I do wish you wouldn't assume that I have no evidence for these things; not that you could know unless I said something, but I've had experiences that have convinced me that (unfortunately) there is such a thing as a soul and the death of the body is not the end. I wish it were, but it seems not to be the case, based on what I've experienced and researched.

And just because you don't like my tone doesn't mean I don't actually have research background in these things. Counter-apologetics is a specialty of mine, for example, and one of the subspecialties in it is countering the various apologetic arguments known as theodicies. I've also gone rather thoroughly up one side of the Kalaam Cosmological Argument and down the other.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Has anyone considered selling their soul to make their lives on earth less painless? Imagine no suicidal thoughts. No monetary issues. A partner for life. A happy ending. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
The only person this could realistically apply to is James Brown, and I think he kind of needs it (or rather he did)
DBD

Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Just be a celebrity and it will be a requirement. I'd rather just fucking suffer my whole life though personally.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Just be a celebrity and it will be a requirement. I'd rather just fucking suffer my whole life though personally.

I wouldn't want to be a celebrity just so I don't have to deal with people annoying me all the time for autographs and selfies... And it also sucks to have your life under a magnifying glass 24/7.

Reactions: Xaphous
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
What do you mean selling your soul? Do you mean giving up all morals & ethics to have an advantage in the world. Or do you mean selling your soul to a fictional being who doesn't exist.
Honestly if it was possible I'd do it. After all the shit I've been trough I've had enough. I always tried to do the right thing and what did it bring to me? Nothing but more suffering...

Reactions: GinaIsReady and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Has anyone considered selling their soul to make their lives on earth less painless? Imagine no suicidal thoughts. No monetary issues. A partner for life. A happy ending. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Shoot, I'd sell my soul for a raspberry coke and a fried bologna sandwich.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I did sell it, and it was great for a while, but now I'm honoring my part of the deal. if I'd known...

Reactions: Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I dont have a soul, so i cant sell my soul.

ish

ish

Experienced
Jul 20, 2019
Can you trade the illusion?

ish

ish

Experienced
Jul 20, 2019
To sell something you need marketing and advertising. What, in fact, the SOUL is - is our consciousness (psyche + memory, which ceases to exist with the death of the brain). So sell her
it's about adopting the specific ideology we will follow,
act in our lives. You can live as a follower
a particular religion, as an atheist, as a communist, as a satanist, etc.
We make the choice ourselves.

F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
I have a wonderful partner & it's not the key to happiness. It comes from within...I'm still trying to work that one out.
I deeply love myself (while aware that I'm full of s*** and all), and it's not the key to happiness either. One would have to have a loving partner, an intimate 'accomplice', as well. Neither of them is enough by itself, as it turns out.