• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
We can certainly offer virtual help. I would be wary of anyone who offered to "take you in" over this forum, to be honest. Believe me, I understand the desire for a companion in life - someone in the flesh able to help you through those challenging situations. But the risks associated with meeting up with someone online, and going even further than that - releasing yourself to their care - is fraught with danger and uncertainty.

I hope you find the companionship/guardianship you desire, but mostly the comfort and support you need. I also care a lot about your safety. I'd encourage you to immerse yourself in the SS community. There are many friendly people here who can offer exceptional support and guidance, even if they live far away.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hi OP - do you have any hobbies? If you find a mutual interest group online, that is a good way to connect with others. For me, I have started learning Ukulele online. It is mainly though because my depression is a bit better at the moment thanks to a new treatment, otherwise I would not be well enough to take up a hobby. But if you can, then connect through hobbies. It is safer too I think, you can get to know people a bit, but slowly and through a mutual interest. Also, even if you are not religious, it might be worth reaching out to a religious organisation or even going to their services online. I know it can help soothe my mental illness when I am listening to singing etc, then you can meet others online afterwards. It's finding a community that can be really helpful. The Quakers are also very nice people - I don't know if they are meeting online, but if they are I recommend them! I have been into various religions over the years, though I don't know if I believe in anything at all, but it can be nice just being in a group of people and listening to music etc and is the way to have a community around you.

I can also highly recommend speaking with the Samaritans. They help me get through my suffering and mental illness and are always there to talk and listen.
ps I want to really congratulate you and encourage you that you have reached out to people here. We are here for you!

Reactions: AutoTap and Pookie
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
hi everyone, I'm very alone at the moment. I don't feel I get enough support from family and friends. I'm 20 years old, and I'm male. I live in Manchester. would anyone want to take me in, and help me, I need to be around someone. thank you
If I was from Manchester I would go for a few visits. I would have no problem with that, shame I'm in another country op. My Pm is open if you need to talk ok?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'll ask my family, there's a lot of room in my single bed down here in the basement. Don't think you'll have to pay rent but if you could empty my pee bottles once in a while I'd be grateful. Letting you know what mom says as soon as I get word.