• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Anyone been asked to sign a risk assessment? I don't think I've ever even seen one before?! It was separate to the care plan. It said I'm a danger to myself currently, I was a danger to others in the past and I'm not in any known danger from anyone else.
I signed it because I trust my CPN but I regret it now! Also, I don't know why they would put I was dangerous to others in the past?! I have no history of violence!
What's this all about?

O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
Does that mean you may get admitted to hospital if you deteriorate in their eyes, just assuming? Why do you think they asked you to do that. Has your behaviour changed in anyway with them?

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It's obnoxious of them, dubbing you dangerous to others, especially in a country where the very worst sort of criminals are not dubbed a danger to anyone apparently (getting off with a slap on the wrist).

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Does that mean you may get admitted to hospital if you deteriorate in their eyes, just assuming? Why do you think they asked you to do that. Has your behaviour changed in anyway with them?
I don't see how I can deteriorate anymore! They know I'm going to ctb, I have the means etc. I had an assessment last week and they happily let me leave knowing I have a plan. The only thing I can think of is that they're dotting the i's and crossing the t's, getting paperwork in order to cover their arses if I do ctb.
It's obnoxious of them, dubbing you dangerous to others, especially in a country where the very worst sort of criminals are not dubbed a danger to anyone apparently (getting off with a slap on the wrist).
I know! It's crazy! I've never even threatened violence!

Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
I'm really sorry you had to experience this... I really am friend. Big hugs to you, this shit sounds fucking terrible.

• Hugs
Reactions: BPD_LE
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I think they are covering themselves. My mh team are about to discharge me. I suspect it's cus they don't want me to die on their watch!

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I honestly think they expect me to turn up dead and they can show by the paperwork that they did everything by the book.
Maybe it's a new thing? I don't know, but in 20 years of MH treatment I've never seen anything like it.
It's made me a bit sad actually, like they're in agreement with me that ctb is the only viable option. They can't treat me so they've let me go to do what I need to do. Guess I should be happy not sad.

Last edited:
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I honestly think they expect me to turn up dead and they can show by the paperwork that they did everything by the book.
Maybe it's a new thing? I don't know, but in 20 years of MH treatment I've never seen anything like it.
It's made me a bit sad actually, like they're in agreement with me that ctb is the only viable option. They can't treat me so they've let me go to do what I need to do. Guess I should be happy not sad.

Girl it says nothing about you, it is the fucked up NHS. It is so obviously fucked that everyone can see it from miles away.

• Hugs
Reactions: snorli and BPD_LE
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Girl it says nothing about you, it is the fucked up NHS. It is so obviously fucked that everyone can see it from miles away.
Even they know it's fucked. I don't blame the individuals involved in my care. They are great, but they have no beds, no room in home treatment, I'm still actually waiting for a care coordinator within the CMHT team! Been over 3 months openly suicidal. It's just duty involved. My CPN is from the Substance Misuse Team. Fucking Tories.

• Aww..
Reactions: woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Even they know it's fucked. I don't blame the individuals involved in my care. They are great, but they have no beds, no room in home treatment, I'm still actually waiting for a care coordinator within the CMHT team! Been over 3 months openly suicidal. It's just duty involved. My CPN is from the Substance Misuse Team. Fucking Tories.

It's good that you do not resent the individuals, as you describe it is a larger problem than that. Do keep sharing with us, at least we are always here. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: snorli and BPD_LE
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Anyone been asked to sign a risk assessment? I don't think I've ever even seen one before?! It was separate to the care plan. It said I'm a danger to myself currently, I was a danger to others in the past and I'm not in any known danger from anyone else.
I signed it because I trust my CPN but I regret it now! Also, I don't know why they would put I was dangerous to others in the past?! I have no history of violence!
What's this all about?

I am in the US. Being a danger to others means they will have an easier time getting you committed to a state hospital for a good amount of time. Being a danger to yourself usually doesn't do that. You should tell them you didn't realize what you were doing. Tell them you were confused about that part or you didn't notice it, or you were under stress at the time. It is definitely not good. Did you just sign it and not read it? I signed something right after they said I was leaving and transportation was outside. I regret it now, it was about the medicine. I will be very careful in that situation next time, if I can remember to. It seems they wait until that time, when you're in a hurry to leave, to get you to "Just sign right here." Evil fuckers.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
They are pretty standard really, and maybe in your case, it is being used to grease the wheels to get you admitted. As it is formally down you are a risk to yourself and apparently others. That makes it harder to fob you off and ignore you so the bean counters can't quite so readily deny you a bed you need. Often frontline services are in conflict with what management want. In these risk assessments they also look for beyond what you are just saying. They sometimes use wording and body language as a means to take a risk on you still being alive so they can get a bed for someone who wants to gouge out their sons eyes. Because if they don't, demons will eat their sons soul, which is worse than their son being blind. It is all about triage these days. The cynic in me also thinks its about what will make a bigger splash in the papers and invite greater backlash. Bed shortages is also why getting voluntarily admitted is so hard.

Did they ask you about how you would keep yourself safe? Did they also get you to sign a contract of safety?

It is a bit concerning that you signed something you do not agree with. You don't want your notes undermined by false information. They may well have examined notes taken on you from the past. Or taken statements from others and used what they have said. But if you dispute that assertion make that clear and ask how they came to that conclusion? Then put them straight.

Regardless of what is happening it may well be worth trying to get an advocate. Bureaucratic systems drowning in top-down pressures can sadly lose sight of the needs of the client. As you rightly recognise they are underfunded and being meddled with by politicians to the point of collapse. It is the worst I have ever seen it... Which is of no help to you or anyone else for that matter.

You could look for your local Mind.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

Ring them and see if they have advocacy available in your area or know how you can access some from elsewhere. They can be pretty good at applying pressure on your behalf.

Lastly it may be worthwhile grabbing yourself a digital voice recorder. Then when interacting with any professional ask if you can record them because your memory is crap and you don't want to forget anything important. Most should be fine with that. But if you encounter someone who says no. Simply state, "I thought I could under disability rights?" Then enjoy watching their facial expression change. The reason I suggest this is because assholes don't like scrutiny and if they feel scrutinised they are less likely to cut corners at your expense. It also means you have a record of what has been said or promised. Evidence in this era is king when it comes to getting what you want and making disinterested people behave.

Really wish you all the best amidst these broken systems.

Peace.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I've never been asked to sign anything, that's a strange one.
Its crazy how different we are in the UK with mental health services say compared to the US, Over there is appears they will do anything to lock you up, here they seem to do anything to lock you out!
Since Oct 14th and nearly walking off that bridge I have been seen by the mental health team just twice.... despite other professionals putting pressure on them.

Did you read what you signed fully? are you able to *unsign it* stating you signed whilst in a bad place and felt pressured to sign it?

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I did read it yes. I figured because it was ticked in the past and not current, it wasn't important. But coming away and thinking about it, I want to know why. I'm going to ring my CPN and ask her.