• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Religious or non-religious affiliation of SS members

• Christian

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Muslim

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Jewish

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Hindu

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Atheist

Votes: 58 47.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 17.2%

• Total voters
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I was just wondering what the general profile is for the members of SS since our beliefs about the afterlife or belielf in no afterlife must weigh pretty heavily in our desire or choice to commit suicide.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
None believer in any diety, but I do not believe our journey ends with physical death.

Reactions: justanotherday
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Raised by "very christian" people.
Not one myself, but Christianism it's the closest one to me.

Reactions: Lennox
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I don't know about a God existing, but I'm sure that the Gods we "know" of are BS. And I don't believe in spirituality, afterlife and whatnot. IMO, you are a lump of flesh, and once you're dead, you stop existing.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I don't know about a God existing, but I'm sure that the Gods we "know" of are BS. And I don't believe in spirituality, afterlife and whatnot. IMO, you are a lump of flesh, and once you're dead, you stop existing.

I believe in Deva's/Gods actually. Usually they said not to give fuck about what's going on in earth.

Reactions: EmptySteph62
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
It's interesting to look at the poll results. I wasn't surprised that it was mostly atheist though.

It's a lot easier to be hopeful when you think God has a plan for you, and have a community of people that help each other because they think it will affect their afterlife.

I'm Atheist, and I find the motivation to continue life when it gets hard to be very difficult to find and it's a challenge to meet people that will reciprocate favors when I help them with things, like driving them to the airport or listening to them vent or lending money.

When I was a kid and believed in Christianity, life seemed a lot more meaningful.

Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I used to be a christian as a kid, but eventually thanks to internet articles, BBC documentaries and science and philosophy books I've distanced myself from that religion. Now I identify myself as an agnostic satanist.

Reactions: HGL91
FF777

FF777

Death is a natural part of life..
Jul 21, 2019
I'm technically atheist because I don't believe in any one (or multiple) special overlord spirit god(s), but I do believe in an after-life and I believe that we are still conscious forms of energy (also known as spirits) after physical death.. I just don't think that any piece of energy (read: spirit) is inherently special compared to any other one.. If there are amazing spirits out there that are very much more powerful than you are currently, it doesn't mean that you can't some day eventually become just as they are if you will it to be..

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
no hindus, damn prolly transcends beyond the observable universe.

K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
I was going to pick all but it only let me pick 5 lol. If I had to choose one label though it would be Pantheist.

Reactions: AtomicNewt and Soul
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I'm technically an agnostic and an atheist: the two aren't mutually exclusive. I think it's most likely lights out when we die. I don't know whether an afterlife does or doesn't exist, but I don't think it's likely. I know there's only one way to find out.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I'm technically an agnostic and an atheist: the two aren't mutually exclusive. I think it's most likely lights out when we die. I don't know whether an afterlife does or doesn't exist, but I don't think it's likely. I know there's only one way to find out.

Perhaps atheism has a bit more connotations than the original meaning of the word. It's entirely possible to not believe in an almighty god and believe in an afterlife. In this sense I'm a agnostic too although i'm buddhism.

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
If you had geniune conviction that suicide would only bring you more suffering in the afterlife would you still do it. The problem is i do, but I cant cope with illness anymore and dont want to tough it till I die a natural death.

Reactions: Icarus
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
What made you become an atheist?
researching my ex religion, mythology and evolution thoroughly and finding out that it is also man-made. also i found out that i dont even want heaven and i dont like god.

Reactions: Azazel and HGL91
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
researching my ex religion, mythology and evolution thoroughly and finding out that it is also man-made. also i found out that i dont even want heaven and i dont like god.

Yup, religions and mythology are definitely man-made. :/ But wait, are you saying evolution is man-made or just the first two?

Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
It's aliens. Going with aliens. 'scuse me whilst I head out for some premium weed.

Reactions: Sargasm
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
Yup, religions and mythology are definitely man-made. :/ But wait, are you saying evolution is man-made or just the first two?
no i mean evolution and science contradicts it.

Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Screw heaven and all those sacrosanct believers. Hell is way better with alcohol, sex, drugs and metal.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
no i mean evolution and science contradicts it.

Oh. Yeah, totally. I mean, I'm surprised there's actually people that believe Adam was the first human and that Eve came from his rib and we are all a product of their children's incest babies.

Reactions: Painted Bird
Azazel

Azazel

Silent
Jun 23, 2019
Oh. Yeah, totally. I mean, I'm surprised there's actually people that believe Adam was the first human and that Eve came from his rib and we are all a product of their children's incest babies.

I'm an agnostic and atheist, but I've always enjoyed religions, I find them to be interesting. Because of that I've talked with a lot of religious people, and I can say that there are a lot of christians that don't believe in the genesis and in many other parts of the bible. Many of them take this parts of the bible as metaphors or tales, many even take the bible as a book of morals and nothing else. There is people that believe in Adam and Eve, but I would hope to say that they are a minority

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I'm an agnostic and atheist, but I've always enjoyed religions, I find them to be interesting. Because of that I've talked with a lot of religious people, and I can say that there are a lot of christians that don't believe in the genesis and in many other parts of the bible. Many of them take this parts of the bible as metaphors or tales, many even take the bible as a book of morals and nothing else. There is people that believe in Adam and Eve, but I would hope to say that they are a minority

That makes more sense that many see them as metaphors or tales. Thank goodness for that.

Reactions: Azazel
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
In Norse mythology they believed that those who died in battle were warriors and went to their version of 'heaven'. I like to believe that those who ctb do "die in battle" and thus are regarded warriors who fought for as long as they could.
Idk if I believe in anything strongly enough to be part of any set "religion" but I believe there has to be something other than this and that everything happens for a reason. Its easier to think that I'm destined to embrace chaos than drown in it if that makes sense.

Reactions: Azazel
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Lifelong agnostic. Called myself an atheist when I was a dumb teenager that thought he was clever. Firmly believe nobody knows either way and all arguments to the contrary are self serving bollocks.