• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Abditory

Abditory

The feeling that you won’t be here much longer
Jan 16, 2024
I am aware that SS is seen by many as a dangerous site where people are encouraged to commit suicide or even "kill people." However, I can't help but wonder why there's such a strong push to demonize its users. I sympathize with people who have lost loved ones to suicide, but don't critics including doctors and news organizations think that providing support could have a greater influence than outlawing SS?? SS provides a safe place and guidance that's often unavailable in real life. Why punish those seeking support and advice? If government officials and others are against SS, why not channel that energy into creating accessible resources for struggling individuals? It seems everything boils down to financial interests, where mental health services remain highly expensive, leaving many without recourse. I've seen doctors advocate for assisted suicide, yet villainize SS. Sure, assisted suicide is good. I believe that people should be allowed the choice of death and be given it pain-free. But at the end of the day, it's probably going to cost thousands, which most people do not have the luxury of. This double standard appears hypocritical. I offer my condolences to those who've endured the loss of a loved one to suicide. However, instead of ostracizing those seeking help on SS, why not extend compassion? Why amplify their struggles with misplaced judgment when they're grappling with their own battles. I understand that people believe they're offering help but I fear it's regressing our understanding and compassion towards suicide. The flood of news articles demonizing SS and advocating for its removal reinforces negative perceptions of suicidal individuals, reducing them to mere labels without acknowledging their humanity. Behind the anonymity of screens, it may be challenging to empathize, but we are real individuals with complex histories and struggles that have led us to seek support here. Why should we be held guilty and blamed for asking for advice and offering support, when it's our final hope, why is it unethical to use an online forum? Many of us have asked experts and reputable people for guidance, yet they frequently failed to deliver what we needed. For me, there are more reassurance and resources on SS than anyplace else in real life. It's important to understand that the majority of SS users don't mean any harm. Each of us are separate human-beings who are battling their own difficulties and looking for support, seeking a lifeline. Why can't people grasp that asking for assistance even when it comes via online is an inherent human right and not an indication of evil motive?

I apologize if any part of my message was repetitive or has grammatical error, I just felt like getting this off my chest. 🙂

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The government doesn't care about SS, ours in the UK actually encourages people to CTB unless you are seen as contributing to society.

The only places that do care are a few hard left media outlets like the BBC who seem to love attacking the site.

There are a small handful of YouTubers who featured the site for views, but they have calmed down and they only focus on the small minority of pro-death users which most people see right past anyway.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Pro lifers don't actually care about the quality of life of suicidal people. They claim they do but their actions indicate otherwise. What they care about is whether a suicidal person stays alive or not, that's all. To them, our suffering is irrelevant as long as we are alive. Since this site has information which can, and has, be used by suicidal people to kill themselves, they don't like that and will wish for the eradication of this site. That's all there is to it. They won't look at any nuance regarding this site. They just see that people are killing themselves due to the information here and that's enough to make then closed minded regarding what they think about this site as a whole

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I definitely agree. I wish they would put all that effort into providing support for people, especially people who want it.

As for doctors who support VAD but still demonize this place- I suspect they only support VAD so far. They probably have a very narrow criteria on who should gain access to it and- they want control over that.

To be generous- they have a commitment to save lives and they probably have a lot of faith in their own profession- that most people can indeed be helped. Whether that's true or not is debatable. Considering the majority of people on here likely have had at least some therapy/meds. Some- years and years of it- it's highly debatable! But still- maybe their intentions are good.

Others though may be on a power trip. I feel like even in medicine, it's only relatively recently that the patient is included more in their own treatment- in terms of consultation, comprehension and consent. I think some doctors are still very authoritarian in their manner.

Plus, you have to consider that many probably equate having ideation with mental illness and mental illness with a lack in mental competency to even be able to rationally make the decision to suicide. I think that is our biggest stumbling block.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
The government doesn't care about SS, ours in the UK actually encourages people to CTB unless you are seen as contributing to society.

The only places that do care are a few hard left media outlets like the BBC who seem to love attacking the site.

There are a small handful of YouTubers who featured the site for views, but they have calmed down and they only focus on the small minority of pro-death users which most people see right past anyway.
just curious, how does the uk government encourage suicide? i dont feel like our government in aus cares so much, like i feel like we are seen as tax burdens and a problem to figure out how much they can cut on mental health and get away with it, it disgusts me to think of them having drinks and cheering over their savings so they can embezzle more. in the world i feel like there is an increasing sense of people wanting others to ctb but also spitting on them and seeing life as something not to be appreciated and explored but to flex on others, like the world is obsessed with misery providing its an "admirable" and "correct" kind of misery, but its just cloaks of false pride over the dull machine powerful people want; we are here to work, and nothing else, happiness is resistance because part of it involves less bullshit the world creates. its like people are giving up and coping with that by just playing along, deluding themselves and putting others down. but thats just how i feel the vibe is and see this kind of sentiment spread around more and more. but im curious to how your government advocates for ctb.

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
In my experience, most pro lifers are generally nice people with good intentions. But I believe they value life too much, and truly believe that everyone has a chance to have a happy healthy life if they put in the effort which is sadly true.
I Think for them, preventing a suicide, and having a person endure decades of being depressed is considered a win.

There are also toxic pro lifers, like some guy named Tantacrul on YouTube who i watched the other day. I read his threads, and it seemed he was angry because one of his 17 year old music producers died, then he blamed this website because we sent him farewell and hope you find peace messages rather than talk him out of it, then it quickly escalated and he made a big youtube video and the admin responded perfectly

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
I'm actually very grateful I found this forum. This is the first time I feel safe and understood. It taught me various things and the people here are more compassionate than most of the people I encounter on other forums, social platforms or offline. If someone chose to ctb, it's better to at least learn about the dangers of it. If I hadn't found this forum, I probably would've become a vegetable because I wouldn't have known this much information about each method. SS even has a recovery forum, so why the hell are people this against it? As a person who always had to hide my thoughts and ideas, here, I can express them freely.