• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Another member posted asking if folks cook for themselves. I responded that I order groceries every couple of weeks, spend a couple days cooking, and freeze everything in individual portions for thawing and reheating. I particularly enjoy Mediterranean, Indian, Thai, and Mexican cuisines.

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, and invite folks to share their faves!

Here are links to some favorite recipes of mine:

I eat this with basmati rice and a sauce of Greek yogurt mixed with a little milk.

I use the same Greek yogurt and milk sauce.

I use only chickpeas, substituting the kidney beans with more chickpeas, and I sprinkle in some lemon zest.

I add a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables and serrano chiles.

It's a little dry, so I add extra olive oil.

I add lime, cumin and green onion stalks. I like spicy, so I use 4 arbol or 1-2 serrano chiles and I leave in the seeds.

I substitute quinoa for the rice, browning the quinoa in a little oil until it's aromatic before adding water, which gives it a richer, almost nutty flavor.

I prefer this over traditional tzaziki recipes, and I throw it in the blender and freeze it in portions.

I love this on vanilla ice cream as well as with entrees. It's really hard to make with a thin cooking pot or at least without a cooking thermometer.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
AFAIK eating raw vs cooked veg simply provides different nutrients. The best way is to do both at different times.
But not my area just what I heard.

Reactions: puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
To be honest, it was derailing and felt to me like trolling.

It's a recipe exchange, not a nutrition class. "Best ways to cook these vegetables" does not equate a recipe.

So, respectfully, no, it does not help a bit, or at all.
I'm just providing the cooking utensils, yeah it's kinda derailing, Definitely not trolling. What made you come to that conclusion?
I hurt someone's feeling with this. So sorry.

@Fried Egg Recipe

-One egg
-Oil

Heat the oil on a pan, break the egg and fry the egg and take it out. ENJOY

Last edited:
Reactions: GoBack
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Spicy chicken vindaloo recipe. I make it with pork, add way more tomato paste, at least a tablespoon of curry powder, and a teaspoon of sugar. Note the ingredients list is missing water or chicken broth, it's in the instructions, I use the broth. I marinate the pork overnight, and I cook for way longer than the time recommended so the meat gets softer and the sauce is thicker.

Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
3F67DCA0 00FE 4753 862C 53225C289F34

Porchetta recipe

4A97953C 8DE2 4E44 AA5C 2E4F30D9EE40

I LOVE this sauce, it's the sauce you find on gyros typically. Just keep tasting it as you add things so it's just right. For anyone wondering, it's pronounced Tuh-Zee-Kee.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
View attachment 34928

Porchetta recipe

View attachment 34929

I LOVE this sauce, it's the sauce you find on gyros typically. Just keep tasting it as you add things so it's just right. For anyone wondering, it's pronounced Tuh-Zee-Kee.

That tzaziki sauce is very similar to the recipe I use, just has more garlic. I much prefer the taste of lemon juice, even though vinegar is more traditional.

But where are the steps to these recipes?

Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
That tzaziki sauce is very similar to the recipe I use, just has more garlic. I much prefer the taste of lemon juice, even though vinegar is more traditional.

But where are the steps to these recipes?

Sorry lol I just know what to do, at least for these two and I do add lemon juice as well.
The steps for the porchetta you can find on Binging with Babish's YouTube channel, it's pretty simple.

The tzatziki recipe and steps can be found here. Remember after peeling the cucumbers to cut out the core of seeds first. For the part of squeezing the water out of it, it helps to add a little bit of salt.

SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
New recipe, just made some of these!

Ingredients

- Six to eight eggs, "wet" scrambled
- Ground pork 3lb
- Egg roll wrappers
- Cheese of your choice
- Vegetable oil, enough to cover about half of the egg rolls

Season it as you like, taste to see as you go

1) brown the sausage to your liking, it was good with pretty crispy ground pork, make it as finely chopped as possible

2) set the pork to the side and scramble the eggs lightly, don't season too quick on the eggs otherwise they get a rubbery texture. Don't cook them too long otherwise when you fry them the eggs will be dry

3) heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

4) wrap about a 1/4 cup of egg and pork mixture into the wrap with the cheese in the middle, this is also a "preference" based on size of egg rolls, learn as you go is the best way

5) with the wrap facing you in a diamond shape, roll the egg roll halfway, tuck the "flaps" off to the side into it, like wrapping a sub and continue to roll until it meets itself.

6) brush egg wash onto the roll that'll act as a "glue" so it won't come apart, about 1/4 of the top "flap" so it glues itself

7) fry egg rolls until it is golden brown and set on a paper towel so the oil won't sit inside of it

8) season with salt immediately, helps absorb moisture and stick to it

9) let them sit for about 5min

10) ENJOY!

These are breakfast sausage, egg and cheese egg rolls :)

2FAE7B42 7CAE 465B 9869 AD37D558580A

I have also made the "Disney" cheeseburger egg rolls and can post that if anyone is interested :) they're VERY good

The eggs and sausage should look about like this

C278310B 06FF 48B1 8B21 B8359BB6D14C

NOTE: this was the "aftermath" of what I had so you'll have more than this, just wanted to show some visuals

Last edited:
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Today I made red lentil and tomato soup. Probably my favourite dish! Nothing beats it with a slice of whole wheat home made bread.

Let's see that recipe! :)

I've always been curious about lentils... and btw the egg roll recipe will make about 15 egg rolls

Reactions: Epsilon0