• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MorsVoluntaria

MorsVoluntaria

Dec 27, 2018
Yoon, Jae Chol MD, PhD; Kim, So Eun MD, PhD,*. Suicide attempt using sodium nitrite ordered on the internet: Two case reports. Medicine: July 15, 2022 - Volume 101 - Issue 28 - p e29355 doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000029355

Case 1
A 24-year-old previously healthy female intentionally ingested approximately 10 g of powdered sodium nitrite in a suicide attempt, following the instructions she obtained from a suicide blog. She recently felt depressed, was unable to work, and had trouble sleeping. She described her distress as increasing over the course of a few days, and she finally made plans to commit suicide. She purchased sodium nitrite online without difficulty or the need for any permissions. However, she stated that she regretted her decision immediately after ingesting sodium nitrite. She confessed to her family member that she was attempting suicide. She was admitted to the emergency department (ED) by her mother, 30 minutes after ingestion with acute dyspnea and cyanosis (Fig. 1).

Within 1 hour of methylene blue administration, her symptoms improved significantly, and methemoglobin levels decreased to 10.2% and then to 1.6% four hours later (Fig. 2). The patient experienced no complications throughout her hospital stay. She was discharged after neuropsychiatric evaluation and treatment for mental illness, suicidal ideation, and suicide attempts.

Case 2
A 20-year-old man presented to the ED after intentional ingestion of 750 mg of powdered sodium nitrite (98% by weight). He had been experiencing major depressive disorder for the last 6 months but had not taken medicine recently. He was under stress from a college issue and felt pressured to succeed in the future. He remained depressed for most of the day and repeatedly thought of death. He prepared a pill by filling an empty pill capsule with sodium nitrite powder and taking it with water at home. One hour later, the patient visited the ED. He stated that he obtained information on how to make the suicide pill from an online suicide forum and purchased sodium nitrite online. He brought a bottle containing 500 grams of 98% sodium nitrite by weight that he purchased online (Fig. 3).

He experienced only mild nausea a few minutes after ingesting a self-produced suicide pill. A physical examination revealed no signs of central or peripheral cyanosis, and the patient was hemodynamically stable. His methemoglobin level returned to normal 2 hours after ingestion. The patient recovered without any problems with conservative supportive treatment.

Discussion
The individuals confessed that they had learned about this suicide method in online forums and blogs. We searched the internet for "sodium nitrite" and "suicide" and found that several websites provide step-by-step instructions for suicide with sodium nitrite at home. They advertised sodium nitrite as an ideal suicide method, describing it as an "easy, quick, and painless recipe."
—-
Also interesting, "Sodium Nitrite Suicide: Frightening Trend in Young Adults" from Missouri Poison Center, USA

"Local poison centers have records that explicitly state patients researched this method of suicide in an online blog or forum. The records also show that half of these patients obtained sodium nitrite online."

"It's important to note that the survival rate depends heavily on the amount ingested, but the toxicity of sodium nitrite is a significant concern. Reports show that nearly 15 percent of nitrites and nitrates self-poisoning cases have ended in death since 2018. And 88 percent of individuals require care in healthcare facilities."

I wonder if the statistic above includes sodium nitrAte as well as other non-sodium nitrites/nitrates?

Attachments

• Suicide_attempt_using_sodium_nitrite_ordered_on.28.pdf
    440.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
SN is definitely gaining more attention by the media and the academia. I find it worrisome.

I don't think it's the primary topic of the post, but I despite how inhumane science can be and how that's so well accepted in the scientific community.

One's entire life experience is summarized by a list of symptoms, as if there's nothing else underneath. The description is the case 2 is even worse. They write ". He was under stress from a college issue and felt pressured to succeed in the future" as if this alone was the reason for suicide, as is his experiences during the entirety of his life don't matter at all, but this episode, together with a disease, have led him into suicide. They even include identifiable images of the person from the case 1.

We aren't an age number and a list of symptoms. We are people, who experience life in a myriad of different ways, along several years. Depression and other issues will only be cured when medicine starts to become humane ad see people as the humans they are. A lot of times, the cure is outside of the pharmacy, in the cruel society we live in. Social reforms can do what pills will never be able to do and have effects lasting for generations.

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Mr. Kaczynski was a great mind.
would a great mind throw their life away by doing something so vain though.. he had cool ideas but it seems he was mentally ill. I don't believe he should be in jail rn. he should be in a mental institution. the technocrats only put him in jail to discourage people from developing his philosophy.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
would a great mind throw their life away by doing something so vain though.. he had cool ideas but it seems he was mentally ill. I don't believe he should be in jail rn. he should be in a mental institution. the technocrats only put him in jail to discourage people from developing his philosophy.
What did he do? I searched, but it returned a few people by that name. Is him from the unabom case?

ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
is the dyspnea simply caused by the low dose?

N

nico1420

Aug 20, 2021
750mg its really bellow any threshold, i mean either its a phony news or the person was just trying to ask for help or something like that

G

gimzero

Student
Aug 15, 2022
Where i live nobody do it with sn only hanging as method.

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Only 15 percent of self poising cases leading to death sounds horribly low. If nitrate is included, how high is this number with nitrite only? 😱

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Only 15 percent of self poising cases leading to death sounds horribly low. If nitrate is included, how high is this number with nitrite only? 😱
Nitrite seems to be 100% effective, if carried out properly. I must stress, properly.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I never understand people who fail suicide attempts informing officials about this site and how this site made them do it. There are even other reports where people succeed on their attempt and mention this site in their suicide note, what is that about?