• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

SitarSoul

Apr 2, 2024
Potassium Nitrate Powder - KNO3 - 1/2 Lb. Bag 99.8% pure, bitter odorless powder easily obtained online for as little as $10. It should have the same effects as SN with the addition of excess potassium causing heart dysfunction and possibly being detectable. Can also be used to fertilize plants, remove stumps, and make sensitive toothpaste. Not restricted.

Here's what ChatGPT says:
Potassium nitrite (KNO2) shares more direct chemical and toxicological similarities with sodium nitrite (NaNO2) and lithium nitrite (LiNO2) due to the presence of the nitrite ion (NO2-). Here's a focused look at potassium nitrite and its toxicological profile in comparison:

Similarities:Methemoglobinemia Risk: The primary concern with nitrite exposure, regardless of the cation (potassium, sodium, lithium), is the risk of inducing methemoglobinemia. This condition impairs the ability of hemoglobin in the blood to carry oxygen efficiently. Nitrites oxidize the iron in hemoglobin from the ferrous (Fe2+) to the ferric (Fe3+) state, forming methemoglobin, which decreases the blood's oxygen-carrying capacity and can lead to symptoms of hypoxia.
Mechanism of Toxicity: The toxicity of KNO2, similar to LiNO2 and NaNO2, is primarily due to the nitrite ion. Upon ingestion or exposure, nitrites can be absorbed into the bloodstream, where they exert their oxidizing effects on hemoglobin.

Differences:Potassium's Role: While the nitrite ion is the primary driver of toxicity in these compounds, the accompanying cation (potassium in this case) can also have biological effects, especially at high concentrations. Potassium is crucial for nerve function, muscle contraction, and heart function. Excessive potassium levels can lead to hyperkalemia, which can cause heart arrhythmias and other cardiovascular issues. However, the risk of hyperkalemia from dietary sources of potassium, including potassium nitrite, is generally low unless consumed in excessive amounts or in individuals with predisposed conditions affecting potassium excretion or homeostasis.

Usage and Exposure: Sodium nitrite is commonly used in the preservation and curing of meats, which can be a significant source of dietary exposure to nitrites. Potassium nitrite can also be used for similar purposes and in various industrial applications, but the prevalence and patterns of use might differ, influencing exposure risks.Conclusion:Potassium nitrite has a toxicological profile similar to sodium and lithium nitrites, with the potential for causing methemoglobinemia being a primary concern. The potassium component adds another layer to consider, especially in terms of potassium homeostasis in the body, but the nitrite ion's effects are the critical aspect of their toxicity. The actual risk from potassium nitrite will depend on the amount and context of exposure, underlying health conditions, and individual sensitivity.

Here's a simplified comparison of LD50 values for the cations in lithium nitrite, sodium nitrite, and potassium nitrite, based on available data, primarily from animal studies:
Sodium Nitrite (NaNO2)LD50 in rats: 180 to 260 mg/kg (oral)
Potassium Nitrite (KNO2)Specific LD50 data not widely reported; expected to be similar to sodium nitrite due to the shared nitrite ion. (235 mg/kg found on enwiki)
Lithium Nitrite (LiNO2)Specific LD50 data not widely available; lithium compounds generally have a narrow therapeutic index with toxicity affecting the nervous system, kidneys, and thyroid.

Key Points:Toxicity mainly due to the nitrite ion (NO2-), affecting oxygen transport.The type of cation (Li, Na, K) can modify the toxicity profile slightly, mainly due to their specific physiological effects.

To Get Equal Nitrite Ions:

Simply use one mole of each compound. This means you would use 69 g of NaNO2 and 85 g of KNO2. Each amount would provide you with an equal number of nitrite ions, despite the different weights, due to the differences in the molar masses of sodium and potassium.

Summary: to get correct dose of KNO2 multiply NaNO2 dose by 85/69 or add approximately 20%.

Was used medically around 1860 for angina chest pain.

"Solutions of acidified nitrite have been used successfully to generate NO and to induce vasorelaxation in isolated blood vessel studies, and the same reaction mechanism has been proposed to explain the biological action of nitrite."

My own medical use of nitroglycerin and a one time use of a long acting nitrite had a side effect of some of the worst headaches possible. I have chronic migraine, severe cluster headache and complex atypical 24/7 trigeminal neuralgia which is severe one sided facial pain, 24/7 for over 30 years. Young healthy person without headaches may only have a mild headache.

Conclusion: for $10 I may order some as a backup plan. I personally would prefer nitrous oxide gas, argon, or possible "MAPP gas" which is actually propylene and is somewhat narcotic like nitrous.

Last edited:
LOVELYDARKDEEP

LOVELYDARKDEEP

will you gnaw off your own leg to escape the trap?
Mar 20, 2024
I'd be interested in researching this more. Seems like it could be a viable alternative at first glance, but I'm no chemist.

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Where I live potassium nitrite is just as restricted as sodium nitrite. It's not widely used as a food preservative like SN so the only source is lab suppliers who want paperwork. KNO3 is easy to come by just like NaNO3 but converting it to the nitrite is not trivial.

S

SitarSoul

Apr 2, 2024
Where I live potassium nitrite is just as restricted as sodium nitrite. It's not widely used as a food preservative like SN so the only source is lab suppliers who want paperwork. KNO3 is easy to come by just like NaNO3 but converting it to the nitrite is not trivial.
I made the same mistake as do many search engines and suppliers. The chemical information is correct however the easy to get for $10 is for potassium nitrate not nitrite. I tried to edit the post while it was fresh but didn't take.

So while it may be viable it's equally restricted in the US.

Reactions: Forveleth
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I made the same mistake as do many search engines and suppliers. The chemical information is correct however the easy to get for $10 is for potassium nitrate not nitrite. I tried to edit the post while it was fresh but didn't take.

So while it may be viable it's equally restricted in the US.
You can grow potassium nitrite crystals at home with household ingredients. If you took chemistry in highschool, you can follow YouTube instructions. It's a fairly simple chemical process but you would need some privacy if you don't want people asking what you're making.

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
You can grow potassium nitrite crystals at home with household ingredients. If you took chemistry in highschool, you can follow YouTube instructions. It's a fairly simple chemical process but you would need some privacy if you don't want people asking what you're making.
I think you're thinking of growing potassium nitrate crystals from hot ammonium nitrate and potassium chloride or similar. Producing the nitrite would involve reducing potassium nitrate (e.g. with lead or carbon) and it's just as impractical for a beginner home chemist as making sodium nitrite.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I think you're thinking of growing potassium nitrate crystals from hot ammonium nitrate and potassium chloride or similar. Producing the nitrite would involve reducing potassium nitrate (e.g. with lead or carbon) and it's just as impractical for a beginner home chemist as making sodium nitrite.