E

epic1959

Mar 2, 2021
@Greenberg: if the mask fit problem was solved so that the mask reliably retained a seal after loss of consciousness - thus no third party aid needed - would you still say that the design will not work due to air flow being passive?

Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
From what I can gather from publicly available information, the transient time appears long and gas flow convoluted. I am unsure why Avocet chose to deviate from the original design described in the Odgen report. Honestly, if it takes longer than 10mins to CBT, the wearer would think that it is not working or malfunctioning. To be effective, CBT ought to occur within a minute's time.

Reactions: profoundexperience
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Honestly, if it takes longer than 10mins to CBT, the wearer would think that it is not working or malfunctioning.
That's a new disadvantage I hadn't considered: It's true if it takes too long... that could invoke anxiety (i.e., When is it ever gonna happen?).
To be effective, CBT ought to occur within a minute's time.
As you know @LetzteAusfahrt was well practiced with inert gas techniques... And yet, he made a convincing argument that he ~wanted to experience a period of time "dying and knowing he was dying"*...

I can see some value in what he did: It'd be nice to have a few minutes (after starting the procedure) to "settle down", try to "drop all the baggage" from this life, and go-out with a completely "clear mind".

Does that make sense...?

Unfortunately, with inert gas done correctly, there is little time to consciously accept it and "relax into death".

* So he chose SN, which generally takes much longer than a minute.

Reactions: Greenberg
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
I can't explain it. It's got a bunch of components. Go to the respire website and download instructions. There are head straps and chin straps and other things that need to be attached. I'm as clueless as many. Google it. or go to exit forums.

This picture is the device.
That looks really scary to me. I'm claustrophobic but find my exit bag done Betty style will serve it's purpose without making me feel overly claustrophobic.