Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
The website was updated to change "R2D Rebreather" to "R2D Rebreather II".

907E3B64 A917 4238 8B10 134EE433CE40

It goes on to list the minor design changes that differentiate it from the original? (From what I'm reading though it sounds exactly the same.)

1BB67103 6601 49BE A341 5EC2FDD74024
^ Everything about this is sketchy. Proven to who exactly? Who determined whether this version was superior to the original? According to the January update of PPeH, "Richard" (the creator of the Rebreather) has been unreachable/not in contact with Exit.

——

Here is an image of the new two-tube design of the Rebreather II versus the former triple-tubed:

219E7982 3D5B 465C 9E1C 4897B9893D97
^ (New)

7D1F3A17 1412 43C1 B1B4 ADA8DF004E2D
^ (Old)

——

Despite the site's update, I am still presented with the exact same notification as before upon attempting to check out:

BA507707 7800 438F 9665 B0B756D1C8E1

I've long since given up on these guys, but they are so disorganized it's almost comical. If you're going to update your website at least wait until after you've sorted everything out with the relaunch of your product. Geez.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ithappens, it's_all_a_game, Pookie and 4 others
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Is it not around this time that they were supposed to relaunch the product?

Reactions: Kbeau and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I just checked the wiki page about rebreather. Is this something I can use to CTB?
Ideally, if the design weren't flawed, it would induce a painless death via hypoxia. However, the original version of this device was recalled by the manufacturers due to its faultiness, and only now have they provided us with an update with news of the revised version.

I know that a couple of people on this forum have successfully CTB'd by constructing their own Rebreathers that eliminated the design flaws which rendered the official version useless, but aside from that we have no way of knowing yet whether this upcoming edition from R2D will function as advertised.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ithappens, Greenberg, NodusTollens and 2 others
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I know that a couple of people on this forum have successfully CTB'd by constructing their own Rebreathers that eliminated the design flaws which rendered the official version useless, but aside from that we have no way of knowing yet whether this upcoming edition from R2D will function as advertised.

Wrennie do you have concrete direct proof that these people successfully killed themselves with their homemade debreathers? I know there were several members here who said they'd designed their own devices and have either stopped posting and/or shut down their accounts but that itself isn't proof they managed to commit suicide with their DIY debreathers.

Reactions: ithappens, Kbeau, Greenberg and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Wrennie do you have concrete direct proof that these people successfully killed themselves with their homemade debreathers? I know there were several members here who said they'd designed their own devices and have either stopped posting and/or shut down their accounts but that itself isn't proof they managed to commit suicide with their DIY debreathers.
My apologies, I should've phrased that differently. I'll be more careful with how I word things from now on so as not to unintentionally mislead people.

Regarding the users, I'd talked to one of them through direct message who had supposedly tested and confirmed his device's effectiveness via pulse oximeter and seemed intent on CTBing that way... then he suddenly deleted his account. Similar goes for the other members. It's likely that they exited that way but you're correct in that there's no concrete documentation to support it, only assumptions based on my interactions & their postings.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, Kbeau and Greenberg
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This entire thing is ridiculous when inert gases are fairly readily available.

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
That is true, but it would appear there remains a diehard following...

• Love
Reactions: Kbeau and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I think it's mainly the preparation of the Exit Bag that is off-putting to some (I personally wouldn't put too much stock in my own handiwork), whereas the main appeal behind this device is that it comes mostly pre-assembled (in such a fashion though that you cannot practice with mask-fitting or familiarizing yourself with its contents beforehand lest you risk the soda lime expiring, which I personally find to be an utterly ridiculous design flaw to incorporate.) It is also economical for those of us with limited funds. I cannot afford a scuba mask to use in conjunction with an inert gas cyclinder, but a 200 dollar Chinese bootleg death device is well within my price range. In the likely event that it doesn't work as intended, at the very least my wallet isn't hit too hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: ithappens, Pookie and Kbeau
oono

oono

Student
Aug 26, 2020
So you advise to put on a double mask like a diving mask in addition to the rebreather? I hope their new version will be serious

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
So you advise to put on a double mask like a diving mask in addition to the rebreather? I hope their new version will be serious
A diving mask paired with the Rebreather? No, I don't advise that at all. Sorry if my post came across that way. I was referring to how I couldn't afford a diving mask to be used in a completely separate method, which is why the Rebreather even appealed to me.

Reactions: Kbeau and Pen>Sword
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I really like the appeal of this as it seems like a peaceful method that doesn't require preparation and doing anything other than breathing. It doesn't seem like it'll come to fruition though.

Drifting off into the void in a almost natural way seems ideal.

Reactions: ithappens, Kbeau and Wrennie
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You realize an exit bag isn't hard to tape together and can likely be assembled more cheaply, right. The rebreather isn't going to be a practical method anytime soon from this manufacturer.

Reactions: Wrennie and Greenberg
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Thought they were suppose to change the design of the mask due to possible air leaks. It looks like the original version with possible minor changes. I wouldn't jump the gun and purchase it without hearing anedoctal evidence proving the device works.

Reactions: Greenberg and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
You realize an exit bag isn't hard to tape together and can likely be assembled more cheaply, right. The rebreather isn't going to be a practical method anytime soon from this manufacturer.
I just don't trust in my ability to not f*ck it up somehow, lol.

& I get that this seller is completely unreliable and this device is most likely 99% geared toward failure. I was only detailing why the method originally appealed to me in the first place.

• Love
oono

oono

Student
Aug 26, 2020
A diving mask paired with the Rebreather? No, I don't advise that at all. Sorry if my post came across that way. I was referring to how I couldn't afford a diving mask to be used in a completely separate method, which is why the Rebreather even appealed to me.
Yes I understand, just thank you for the presentation and the info. As there is a huge lack of proof if it works or not, I will stay on the watchful side of the method which is SN or N.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I just don't trust in my ability to not f*ck it up somehow, lol.

& I get that this seller is completely unreliable and this device is most likely 99% geared toward failure. I was only detailing why the method originally appealed to me in the first place.
There are quite a few changes to the design including 3 masks. I think it is worth a punt.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
There are quite a few changes to the design including 3 masks. I think it is worth a punt.
Are those masks different somehow from the multiple generic anesthesia masks they included with the original version? Are they less likely to slip off your face as you lose consciousness or experience convulsions?

Last edited:
Z

Zombiegal

Feb 21, 2020
They made a few changes. Masks for custom fit and I was told not to totally inflate so it confirms to the face.
You can now take all the components out to expect and try on

he made a new valve that attaches the hoses to the mask and it now has 2 hoses not three

Instructions on the website.
I got mine today. Opened but haven't inspected every piece yet.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Onc
They made a few changes. Masks for custom fit and I was told not to totally inflate so it confirms to the face.
You can now take all the components out to expect and try on

he made a new valve that attaches the hoses to the mask and it now has 2 hoses not three

Instructions on the website.
I got mine today. Opened but haven't inspected every piece yet.
Once you get an airtight seal with the vacuum thingy is that it locked in place for good or do you need to further adjust it for CTB?

Z

Zombiegal

Feb 21, 2020
I can't explain it. It's got a bunch of components. Go to the respire website and download instructions. There are head straps and chin straps and other things that need to be attached. I'm as clueless as many. Google it. or go to exit forums.

This picture is the device.

Attachments

• 1895663938_R2DDeBreatherpic.thumb.PNG.01fcc1042ecc27c1f818d31476a01fc8.PNG
    1895663938_R2DDeBreatherpic.thumb.PNG.01fcc1042ecc27c1f818d31476a01fc8.PNG
    540.2 KB · Views: 15
Z

Zombiegal

Feb 21, 2020
Here is a link to Richard Avocet slideshow from Nutech 2020 about the new rebreather. I'll post this in its own thread.

Reactions: pane and Wrennie
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Thank you for your post. It is very interesting. Would you mind if I include your photo and video on my blog? Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie and Mare Imbrium
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Here is a link to Richard Avocet slideshow from Nutech 2020 about the new rebreather. I'll post this in its own thread.

Thanks for posting. That was ...interesting.

Though I hate how he keeps stressing that the original wasn't defective. It was. Even the elderly members of the Exit forums were complaining of it not working lol. But I do hope that this version got rid of whichever flaws the original had that made it impossible to CTB with...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pookie and Greenberg
E

epic1959

Mar 2, 2021
Thanks for posting. That was ...interesting.

Though I hate how he keeps stressing that the original wasn't defective. It was. Even the elderly members of the Exit forums were complaining of it not working lol. But I do hope that this version got rid of whatever flaws the original had that made it impossible to CTB with...
How was the original defective? @Greenberg says that the design itself is defective because it is a passive rather than powered flow, yet the device described by Ogden in 2010 that was used for 8 cbt's was likewise a passive flow.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
[How was the original defective? @Greenberg says that the design itself is defective because it is a passive rather than powered flow, yet the device described by Ogden in 2010 that was used for 8 cbt's was likewise a passive flow.]

Multiple users on here and on the Exit forums tried to CTB with it and it either didn't work (were awake for more than a half hour) or they experienced "air hunger" and respiratory discomfort so they had to abort the process.
The only successful devices were those made by people on here using TrailerTrash's do-it-yourself guide.

Last edited:
  • Love
E

epic1959

Mar 2, 2021
I saw that one user on here reported as you have described. Perhaps since the model II allows easier experimentation, more owners will experiment and report their results. It would help if the could use a finger pulse oximeter (cheap and easy to buy) to record the O2 levels over time.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I saw that one user on here reported as you have described. Perhaps since the model II allows easier experimentation, more owners will experiment and report their results. It would help if the could use a finger pulse oximeter (cheap and easy to buy) to record the O2 levels over time.
I have a pulse oximeter and I plan on reporting my experience with the device to the forums if and when I can get my hands on it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: oono, profoundexperience and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I have a pulse oximeter and I plan on reporting my experience with the device to the forums if and when I can get my hands on it.
I am most interested in the length of time it takes to create an oxygen-free environment without triggering hypercapnia. Looking forward to your report, @Wrennie.
How was the original defective? @Greenberg says that the design itself is defective because it is a passive rather than powered flow, yet the device described by Ogden in 2010 that was used for 8 cbt's was likewise a passive flow.
You may wish to review the Odgen report again.

Here is my prior response to the same topic: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/r2d-rebreather-finally-released.63631/page-2#post-1186248

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Love