• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
Today is my first day quitting cold turkey on 3 different anti pyschotic medications. I want a clear head and to be able to feel again. I will however be sticking with propranalol as it is one of the only medications that have worked for my anxiety. Anybody care to join me ?
Doses:

Quetiapine 100mg 3x daily
Mylan-Divalproex 500mg 2x daily
Pms-Lithium Carbonate 300mg 2x at night

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I'm glad that you aren't cold-turkeying the propanalol; it can be really dangerous/uncomfortably so.

I went off of Quetiapine and Lithium together as well! It was a bitch to sleep for a few months, and I was kinda twitchy. I wish you luck!

mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
I'm glad that you aren't cold-turkeying the propanalol; it can be really dangerous/uncomfortably so.

I went off of Quetiapine and Lithium together as well! It was a bitch to sleep for a few months, and I was kinda twitchy. I wish you luck!
In the beginning while taking Lithium it made my anxiety 10x worse and it has been a year that I have been on it and I dont know if I have become acustom to the twitches or that they have gone away.. hopefully once im off all mind altering substances ill be able to have a clear mind and be able to be more aware.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I would keep the Divalproex and taper off of that slowly, stopping an anticonvulsant medication abruptly, the risk of seizures is very high, even if it was originally prescribed to you for something else.

Lithium is evil stuff, definitely cut it out.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Why are you going cold turkey? You should wean off to avoid rebound psychosis or mania. Even if you are not naturally prone to those things it can still happen.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Damn u were heavily medicated. I remember when I was on Adderall, Prozac, lithium, lamictal, clonazepam lol! I can't remember how it felt because it's been years ago now. I still recall how adderall felt and clonazepam. Now I'm off all of it but I'm just damaged but from bad life decisions.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
omg be careful, good luck. That stuff scares the shit out of me. Nobody puts a probe in your brain to ascertain what "chemical imbalance " you are experiencing before they prescribe a pill to start altering it, that is terrifying, it is all based on some idiot doctor's "opinion"and they are wrong all the time.
No way Jose.

mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
I would keep the Divalproex and taper off of that slowly, stopping an anticonvulsant medication abruptly, the risk of seizures is very high, even if it was originally prescribed to you for something else.

Lithium is evil stuff, definitely cut it out.
I was thinking the same thing, I have been on that particular med for more than 2 years. I just needed to read that again to make up my mind.
Why are you going cold turkey? You should wean off to avoid rebound psychosis or mania. Even if you are not naturally prone to those things it can still happen.
I am going cold turkey because I want to prove to myself that I can do it and they cost around $80 to buy each month lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
Damn u were heavily medicated. I remember when I was on Adderall, Prozac, lithium, lamictal, clonazepam lol! I can't remember how it felt because it's been years ago now. I still recall how adderall felt and clonazepam. Now I'm off all of it but I'm just damaged but from bad life decisions.
No joke my pyschiatrist actually hates me. He made me feel like shit in the mental hospital, and I was forced to go on his meds and my mom said if I did not take them i would be going back there.
omg be careful, good luck. That stuff scares the shit out of me. Nobody puts a probe in your brain to ascertain what "chemical imbalance " you are experiencing before they prescribe a pill to start altering it, that is terrifying, it is all based on some idiot doctor's "opinion"and they are wrong all the time.
No way Jose.
I agreed 100% but I was put on these meds during a rough time and I blindly took them everyday, I can tell my memory is getting worse and im not as sharp as I used to be. I have gained over 70lbs once I got out of the pysch ward.
lithium is bad bad bad and very hard to get off.
What makes it so bad.. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Egddios and Circles
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
lithium is bad bad bad and very hard to get off.
Lithium...sounds so innocent. But really the opposite. In this world, often the more innocent sounding something is, the more sinister it is... I guess that is why most doctors prescribe Xanax nowadays.

Reactions: Circles
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Lithium...sounds so innocent. But really the opposite. In this world, often the more innocent sounding something is, the more sinister it is... I guess that is why most doctors prescribe Xanax nowadays.
Lithium is a good thing. It is an element on the Periodic Chart of Elements. We have it in our bodies naturally. But doctors often overprescribe it and it has fucked a lot of people up badly, including myself. It's more of an antidepressant for bipolar people, traditionally at least, whereas Xanax is a benzo and used more to kill anxiety. both basic and old medications that have their place.

Reactions: Circles and Severen
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Worse than Xanax? I'm curious. Not making a statement.

Yes, xanax is only nasty when you try to get off it, otherwise it does a mighty fine job.

Lithium is unpredictable - it can completely change your personality and even make you develop bipolar disorder symptoms if you DON'T have that. Also you need to be monitored closely for toxicity while taking it because it has a very narrow therapeutic index.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Yes, xanax is only nasty when you try to get off it, otherwise it does a mighty fine job.

Xanax destroys parts of your body if you take it for a long time though.

mrwonderful

mrwonderful

May 21, 2019
It has only been a day and I already want to go back on my meds. I dont know which ones affect my confidence but now I can't have proper conversations once again. I have realized why I am stuck on these meds, they hide my true personality and I would rather be numb than realize how shitty my life is. I miss being able to fit into my clothes. I can only fit into 3 t shirts and 3 jeans. I think i am going to go on a diet. This has been a huge failure. I don't know if I should continue with the plan or give in. Once I figure out a plan for life I will be able to come to terms if I want to die right now or in a few months. I want to be skinny for summer but that is now impossible as our summer only lasts for 100 or so days. I dont know what to do i am attending my sister's graduation next week and I don't want to stand out like i always do

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo