• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I really hate the psychiatry that they treat people who want to commit suicide worse. At least this is my experience. In my homecountry assisted suicide will soon be legal but i doubt that people with mental health problems will have the right to die. Even though the highest court said so.
My experience: 2 psychologists have given up on me. I think they have a special policy if they think a patient will ctb. They treat you worse because you do not appreciate life enough. And patients in the western world are so rich compared to these people in Africa. They claim it was a shame if you ctb because we would be always privileged here. It is crazy shit. It is self-protection of psychologists in order to deal with suicides.
It really fucks me up, because i think i am morally superior. It is presumptuous to claim that everyone in the western world who commits suicide does not worship life enough. Two doctors always looks disgusted at me because they claim i throw my life away. These guys never experienced traumata and violence. They have good paid jobs, a family and a career and then they look down at people who just want to make an autonomous decision. I think in some decades assisted suicide will be a human right.
Just to clarify one thing: they think i gonna commit suicide due to poverty (and bipolar). I live in Germany. Hence they claim people who kill themselves in Germany due to poverty are ignorant because in Africa people are starving.

Last edited:
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Just ignore them, they don't deserve your thoughts. If you only knew how these people treat their profession, how they act in college, you wouldn't take them seriously.

Your two psychologist didn't give up on you, they just don't know how to help people and deal with real and serious cases, they are there just to chat with those without problems and make money.

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Most psychiatrists come from extremely privileged backgrounds and have never had any form of serious adversity in their entire life; it is not their place to say if someone's life is worth living or not. These people will never understand chronic mental & emotional suffering because they've never experienced it themselves.

I live in Germany. Hence they claim people who kill themselves in Germany due to poverty are ignorant because in Africa people are starving.

That's just another way of dismissing someone's suffering and it's not a fair comparison; people who say these types of things are some of the most ignorant of all. Tell them to quit their job, get rid of their license and family, and to go live with a abusive sociopath for a few years, then ask them if life is worth living then.

Here are some enlightening quotes for your psychiatrist from a psychiatrist:

"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all." ―Thomas Szasz

"He who does not want to understand the Other has no right to say that what the Other does or says makes no sense."― Thomas Stephen Szasz, Cruel Compassion: Psychiatric Control of Society's Unwanted

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Most psychiatrists come from extremely privileged backgrounds and have never had any form of serious adversity in their entire life; it is not their place to say if someone's life is worth living or not. These people will never understand chronic mental & emotional suffering because they've never experienced it themselves.

That's just another way of dismissing someone's suffering and it's not a fair comparison; people who say these types of things are some of the most ignorant of all. Tell them to quit their job, get rid of their license and family, and to go live with a abusive sociopath for a few years, then ask them if life is worth living then.

Here are some enlightening quotes for your psychiatrist from a psychiatrist:
I really loved your comment, thank you very much!

Reactions: Kit1
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Poor people in Africa have if worse than poor people in Germany, so you should be grateful? :haha:

That's like telling a quadriplegic that some quadriplegics also have to be on ventilators, so they should be grateful!

Anyhow, here's some logic to offset that madness. After reading it, I think based on number five those psychologists could rationally consider suicide as well. :pfff:

The Stoics likened life to a party, and determined there were five reasons to rationally exit the party (suicide):

1. In service of one's country, i.e., an old friend shows up to the party and requires your services.

2. The arrival of rowdy revelers, i.e., tyrants who force us against our will to say or do disgraceful things at the party.

3. Protracted illness that prevents the soul from the use of its tool, the body, i.e., spoilage of provisions for the party.

4. Poverty, i.e., scarceness of party provisions.

5. Madness, i.e., drunkenness at the party. In Buddhist terms, intoxicants lower one's inhibitions against doing no harm to others and, by default, to the self. In Stoic terms, this equates to lowering the inhibitions put in place by practicing virtue. According to Epictetus, the purpose of practicing virtue is for life to flow more smoothly[...]

Source: Griffin, Miriam. "Philosophy, Cato, and Roman Suicide I," Greece and Rome, vol. 33, no. 1, 1986, pp. 64-77. Original source cited by Griffin, Stoicorum Veterum Fragmenta, a 1903-1905 collection by Hans von Arnim of fragments and testimony of the earlier Stoics. The Buddhist/Stoic commentary under madness is mine.

The source article and article II by Griffin are available for free online viewing at JSTOR.

Reactions: Kit1 and noname223
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
GoodPersonEffed said:
The Stoics likened life to a party, and determined there were five reasons to rationally exit the party (suicide):

1. In service of one's country, i.e., an old friend shows up to the party and requires your services.

2. The arrival of rowdy revelers, i.e., tyrants who force us against our will to say or do disgraceful things at the party.

3. Protracted illness that prevents the soul from the use of its tool, the body, i.e., spoilage of provisions for the party.

4. Poverty, i.e., scarceness of party provisions.

5. Madness, i.e., drunkenness at the party. In Buddhist terms, intoxicants lower one's inhibitions against doing no harm to others and, by default, to the self. In Stoic terms, this equates to lowering the inhibitions put in place by practicing virtue. According to Epictetus, the purpose of practicing virtue is for life to flow more smoothly[...]

Source: Griffin, Miriam. "Philosophy, Cato, and Roman Suicide I," Greece and Rome, vol. 33, no. 1, 1986, pp. 64-77. Original source cited by Griffin, Stoicorum Veterum Fragmenta, a 1903-1905 collection by Hans von Arnim of fragments and testimony of the earlier Stoics. The Buddhist/Stoic commentary under madness is mine.

The source article and article II by Griffin are available for free online viewing at JSTOR.

Another (non-Stoic) reason to exit the party: the individual who wants to leave was never invited in the first place. This would be analogous to committing suicide due to feeling unwanted or being unable to fit in.

Reactions: Kit1 and elfgyoza
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
If that was the case I would of gone ages ago, eventually you learn to love being in your own company

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
Are you sure those where licenced psychiatrists? They are giving literally the worst response I can imagine to a patient under your levels of stress and circumstances. Their reasoning makes no sense at all! I'm sorry you had to endure their drivel instead of getting the help you where seeking.

Reactions: Kit1