• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

funeraleveryday

funeraleveryday

please help me die
May 16, 2020
i feel so sad seeing this. i can't wait to die and prove that i really have wanted to die this whole time. I spend 99.9% of my suicidal ideation telling not a soul. it hurts that these people see us like this. I don't understand why I'm diagnosed with this thing when ive genuinely hung myself before and was found hanging and I did so because I wanted to die. I want to die every second. I dont do it for attention. The thoughts constantly bother me. this is a mindfuck. all the pain I feel will only ever be thought to be attention seeking. Even if you kys as a person diagnosed with "BPD" they'll probably think it was a failed attention grab. Wow….

Listen I understand there's a difference between me and someone who is acutely suicidal and immediately kills themselves. It takes a certain perspective change to get there. I've only been able to bypass SI once. But aren't most of us here chronically suicidal? This feels like a stab in the heart. I just want to hide from the world.
I wouldn't tell international press or raise awareness for my assisted suicide but there are lots of borderlines who genuinely want to die and many who are here and many who have died from suicide

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpeg
    IMG_2054.jpeg
    922.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2055.jpeg
    IMG_2055.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 0
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I feel very sad seeing that as well, and honestly really angry. That's a person who has gone through such an extreme amount of suffering that all they want is to find peace and be released from this world, like a lot of us here. It infuriates me how many upvotes that comment has. People don't just attempt suicide or want euthanasia for "attention" they're usually going through the most hellish things this world has to offer, they just want the pain to stop, or don't see the point in existing anymore. It feels like a stab to my heart as well, it feels awful to be invalidated and called "attention seeking" for being suicidal or mentally ill or having BPD, I will never understand people who think that. BPD is already such a horrible illness to have, and the stigma around it makes it even worse. I'm really sorry you had to see stuff like that on Reddit, I hate how discriminating and unempathetic people can be 🫂

CowardStaysIn

CowardStaysIn

This life isn't mine
Apr 27, 2024
I got into it with a psychiatrist on the Tweeter some years back about her comments about Trump's possible narcissism. I wasn't defending him (I despise him), but there is a literal professional guideline about that. She also said some questionable shit about her own patients (uh, confidentiality?). I had time that day.

Predictably, when she couldn't bulldoze over me with her "I'm infallible because I'm a doctor" condescension, she went below the belt. I am very honest on my acct about my feelings and things that happen in my life and she started using my diagnoses against me. Being chronically ill, I deal with doctors far more often than most, so I'm never surprised when they show the very fallible/flawed/terrible people they are underneath the lab coat. I've had my share of bad experiences with psychiatrists and therapists, so that display of lack of empathy and judging according to the alphabet soup surprises me not. The moment they diagnose you, you stop being a person and start being a set of initials to them. That is, if they even bothered to see you as a person in the first place.

EDIT: Had another thought - it is the height of narcissism to me to see this story as "rewarding attention-seeking behavior". Considering how many toxic people are attracted to healthcare, esp psychology/psychiatry, this doesn't surprise me neither. It merely disgusts me. Of course they would think she was trying to get attention because they don't take suicide all that seriously, for all the noise they make about "saving lives".

Last edited:
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
The psychiatry sub reddit and other related subs are very illuminating.

Do they realize that it's people who belong to their profession who have signed off on her assisted suicide?

It's making international news because she, a young woman, was APPROVED to die. A very unusual practice in terms of the world's way of doing things.

How much press did she want?

They're neglecting autism. Maybe that's more of a motivation for her than BPD?

And "with a BPD"? Jesus.

crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Błędów raczej nie naprawiam, raczej je ponawiam
May 1, 2024
I have BPD and I'm well aware of the stigma and misconceptions it comes with. It sucks and I can only ignore these people. They have no idea how awful and mentally draining struggling with this disorder is, they only base their opinions on what they hear from others. Reddit can become an echo chamber like that, unfortunately. The vast majority of people don't try to commit suicide for attention seeking. The very few who do also have a mental health problem. But most don't, they're in a lot of mental anguish and just want the suffering to cease. Throw in being on the spectrum in addition to BPD and life becomes even more miserable, I should know. If that woman's request for euthanasia was approved (I can't tell from that snippet), I'm glad she can have a peaceful death. BPD is a pain in the ass, even therapists complain about how difficult it is to work with us and I get it.

CowardStaysIn

CowardStaysIn

This life isn't mine
Apr 27, 2024
The psychiatry sub reddit and other related subs are very illuminating.

Do they realize that it's people who belong to their profession who have signed off on her assisted suicide?

It's making international news because she, a young woman, was APPROVED to die. A very unusual practice in terms of the world's way of doing things.

How much press did she want?

They're neglecting autism. Maybe that's more of a motivation for her than BPD?

And "with a BPD"? Jesus.
Right? Like I said, they don't even see us as human as soon as they fix those initials to us.

Not to mention, a medical professional I trust told me a long time ago that the moment they see any mental diagnosis in your chart, doctors have canned answers for everything, basically, "it's all in your head". That's why it's been so hard to get diagnoses for physical stuff wrong with me.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Why do people hate BPD so much?
Cluster B personality disorders generally tend to have a bad reputation. It's probably due to a mixture of poor media portrayal, people randomly attributing those disorders to anyone they don't like, and those disorders (when left untreated) causing some to act in ways that can be seen as harmful to those around them. Cluster B personality disorders are also not understood that well by the general public, which results in many assuming that those with those disorders are deliberately acting in a certain manner, not realizing that they are acting that way as a result of mental illness.

Overall, public knowledge of personality disorders is low, and people with personality disorders may be perceived as purposefully misbehaving rather than experiencing an illness.

Mental illness is only fine when it's displayed in a particular manner. The way people must display the symptoms of their disorder must be done similarly to how victims of certain traumatic events must act like "perfect victims" to be treated with any compassion. The messy and destructive aspects of your disorder must stay hidden. This is nearly impossible to do when you suffer from a cluster b personality disorder. As a result, the sympathy towards individuals who suffer from cluster b personality disorders is low. They are instead demonized, with the general people viewing these people as evil abusers and dehumanizing them all because they are mentally ill. This is also why I hate it when other members on this part take in this stigmatization of cluster b personality disorders. You cannot complain about stigma towards mental illness and trauma while also part taking in it yourself.