• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hello
I m well aware that this is a very controversial topic.
I noticed in the past that people are making up a suicide attempt, get all the love and empathy of others.... an later it turns out that it was all just a lie. Because it just doesn t make sense what the person claims has happened. I don't want the discussion to be about if it was a real attempt or not because I ve seen cases where there is absolutely no doubt that it was a big deception of dozens of users.

I personally find it very disturbing, a slap in the face of people who really suicide.
The worst part is that a simulated suicide attempt comes along with false information about side effects, pain, etc. and other users here believe that. Call me naive but from a ethical and moral standpoint I find it unacceptable.

I

illuposolitarioita

May 3, 2024
molte volte se è falso è un modo per attirare l'attenzione, devi vedere cosa gli passa per la testa

Reactions: C.Alder and Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Sono d'accordo con te però mi sembra molto inquietante.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hm nobody finds that worrying, apparently.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I m quite shocked that nobody finds that worrying....... I find it horrible.

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
I mean, spreading false information about a topic like this is bad. There is not much that can be done. This forum is anonymous so there is no way to verify that anyone did anything of what they said here.
If we all started to get sceptical around goodbye threads then those threads could quickly become a hostile space and prevent people who actually CTB from recieving any positive last words.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hm I get your point. But in some cases there is even proof that it isnt true. I m not out to finding people who fake suicide. I just was following one case and it shocked me because it became so very clear that this is all just one big lie.
Yeah... I don t know. You are probably right.... Being a little bit older than most here, I find it disturbing and grotesque to fake suicide. I mean, how far has society come if people fake suicide for attention??? That's insane to me.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Well, that might be a problem.

For example, celebrities.
If a celebrity does something that will result in social ostracism, some celebrities in such a situation draw a card titled: "Suicide and mental illness."
They want to save their face this way.
I feel embarrassed in such situations.
Of course, maybe they really have problems, but I'm not a trusting person and I simply don't trust such a person.
Of course, I don't care about celebrities, but my problem is that situations like this make mental illness and suicide less serious.

This doesn't just apply to celebrities.
Other people also behave in a similar way.
Relatively many people do not understand what mental illnesses are and in every possible situation they say: "I have depression".
I'm not saying that such people can't be depressed.
Very often they simply don't understand what depression is and they don't have it.
Calling everything depression also destroys the seriousness of the situation.
Of course, depression is not the only mental illness, but for simplicity's sake I focused on it.

People faking suicide is a slightly more complicated topic.
Some people fake suicide because they want attention, because they want help.
They cannot express their problems in words, so they look for other ways.

People who fake suicide and are not sick are a different category.
A category of not very sensible people.
I am against such behavior because it destroys the image of mental problems and suicides in society.

We must destroy the social wall, not strengthen it.

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
Being a little bit older than most here, I find it disturbing and grotesque to fake suicide. I mean, how far has society come if people fake suicide for attention??? That's insane to me.
I honestly can't judge those people. There is nothing wrong with wanting attention or wanting lots of attention to cope with life. Different people have different ways to escape their lifes. The world is becoming more and more isolated(pretty ironic). Some people don't get attention or the wrong kind of attention or learned through experience that they will only get attention a certain way. So doing a fake CTB is just one option people can or want to resort to.
The real tragedy is what our society has become.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
They want to save their face this way.
I feel embarrassed in such situations.
Of course, maybe they really have problems, but I'm not a trusting person and I simply don't trust such a person.
Of course, I don't care about celebrities, but my problem is that situations like this make mental illness and suicide less serious.
I get what you mean and I agree.

Relatively many people do not understand what mental illnesses are and in every possible situation they say: "I have depression".
I agree. I hear people saying in the bus "oh I m so traumatized, I saw a spider on the wall", or similar. Some terms are used inflationary and through this lose weight and meaning.

People faking suicide is a slightly more complicated topic.
Some people fake suicide because they want attention, because they want help.
They cannot express their problems in words, so they look for other ways.

People who fake suicide and are not sick are a different category.
A category of not very sensible people.
I am against such behavior because it destroys the image of mental problems and suicides in society.
Yeah that s true, the motivation is important. Here, it is maybe people who really need help, on the other hand..... deception of that extend is never excusable in my opinon.
We must destroy the social wall, not strengthen it.

I agree!

I honestly can't judge those people. There is nothing wrong with wanting attention or wanting lots of attention to cope with life. Different people have different ways to escape their lifes.
Hm. No, there s definitly nothing wrong with wanting attention!! But not at all costs. And not through spreading false information. I mean, this person even gave information about how it was to take SN and that there are allegedly no side-effects (of course, because she hasnt taken it, lol) and that affects others here who believe what she says, who are understandably keen on getting some information about how SN works.
The real tragedy is what our society has become.
I agree.

Last edited: