Jan 17, 2021
I have 99 problems but daddy issues ain't one

• Yay!
Reactions: LastLoveLetter and LionsTigersAndBears
aviation

aviation

It's time to go home.
Jul 30, 2021
My parents never acted out of malice, just out of an inability to handle me. I could never hate them, on a larger level, even though there have been thoughts like that in the past. Perhaps it is simply a result of looking back on it at the end of my time with them - I feel this way about a lot of people and experiences at this stage, not positive or negatively, just 'accepting'.

Reactions: LastLoveLetter
rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
Yes. Last night is a good example of why....they went on a rampage calling me names and caused me to have a breakdown. Then my mom decided it would be fun to drag me by my hair. My scalp still feels sore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters and LastLoveLetter
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have said this a lot on here, so I will be very brief as far as both of my "parents" were the worst period. Called me "the mistake" till I was 18, then kicked me out and never spoke to me again, their choice. Upon their deaths, they left my younger sister a hobby farm and cash, my older brother got over 2 million US dollars and I got ZERO, per their will. Also because of my "parents", neither my brother or sister will have any thing to do with me.
Walter

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NasiGoreng, Largeletters, Makko and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I have said this a lot on here, so I will be very brief as far as both of my "parents" were the worst period. Called me "the mistake" till I was 18, then kicked me out and never spoke to me again, their choice. Upon their deaths, they left my younger sister a hobby farm and cash, my older brother got over 2 million US dollars and I got ZERO, per their will. Also because of my "parents", neither my brother or sister will have any thing to do with me.
Walter
My parents are also wealthy (I'd guess they have a net worth of at least $ 10 million between them) and I'm an only child but I don't think they'll leave me anything since I basically cut them off and fled to another continent. They'll try to move or will their assets elsewhere in the family. I could get back in their good graces by becoming their slave again, but that turns me off enough to sacrifice the inheritance.

I may like money but I like freedom more.

• Love
Reactions: NasiGoreng, whywere and LastLoveLetter
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
My parents are also wealthy (I'd guess they have a net worth of at least $ 10 million between them) and I'm an only child but I don't think they'll leave me anything since I basically cut them off and fled to another continent. They'll try to move or will their assets elsewhere in the family. I could get back in their good graces by becoming their slave again, but that turns me off enough to sacrifice the inheritance.

I may like money but I like freedom more.
I so hear you and at least for me and my thoughts you are 100% correct. I have NEVER mentioned this aspect EVER ANYWHERE before. I got the brains and my older brother got the braun. He is astoundedly ignorant in so far as he can not balance a checking account. One time a long time ago, I had a cousin write me for my "dad" to me, he would not talk/contact me and asked if I would take for all the finances for my brother since my "dad" was getting up there in age. I would be given a stipend BUT..BUT I would have to do what either my "dad" or my brother told me to do. It took me a flash of a second to write my cousin back and say NO. I have been poor, slept in my car before and also have had some money, BUT, at least for me, my freedom of choice and also freedom to do as I pleased out weighted the financial aspect hands down.

One can always make money BUT to have a peaceful life without being badgered and with financial means given to a person, the strings attached is way too much for me. Be given, lets say money, BUT having to life a life of someone elses whims is NOT ever worth it to me.

One leaves with what one can with , ZERO, and living someone elses life for money is a no go period for me ever.

You are VERY smart!! I send you lots of hugs and the thought of walking through a beautiful flower garden under bright blue skies.

Walter

Reactions: Makko
arie

arie

yeah idk anymore
May 21, 2021
I hate my father, but love my mother. I moved out because of him. Just that kind of thing where you recognize the sounds when your father is coming home/coming upstairs so you can prepare yourself. My heart still goes racing if someone knocks on my door. Racist asshole ...
200.gif

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
My parents [both dead now, thankfully] were drug producers/dealers and raised me in a drug house. They were emotionally, physically, and sexually abusive.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, Alwaysbadtime and Makko
Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
(Feel free to say why if you're comfortable.)

For me the answer is yes. My mother stole my childhood from me and is the sole reason I am mentally ill. My dad, even though he is the better parent also contributed.
I resent them for creating me since it was unnecessary, but no, not really.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
N

nofutureghost

asleep
Dec 5, 2020
truly hate my father but not my mother, I just can't feel anything more than empathy for her

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters and whywere
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I can't say that I hate my dad but I do hold some resentment towards him sometimes. I feel stuck and sad whenever I need his help because I feel like as an adult and somebody he kicked out for no reason, I should be fine on my own but I'll always need his help and support even if he doesn't do the best job at it.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere