• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Does anyone here know how often and when psychiatrists prescribe placebo pills?
I've gone through an array of medication and often there are some that do absolutely nothing, including side effects- that I'm known to get from everything.
Maybe it's my paranoia talking but I feel like I'm being lied too and it curves my path to figuring myself out.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Placebo medication is usually only used in clinical trials. A doctor may prescribe a pill that is less effective such as Ativan but could get in trouble for prescribing something that was not effective. One way to check is to use the Physician's desk reference (PDR) to look up what you have been perscribed. Your library should have a copy in the reference section.

Reactions: CharlieBrown
sorrydiceroll

sorrydiceroll

Quiet and Falling
Nov 12, 2020
SSRIs seem more like placebos to me. They apparently work for some. I think a lot of psychiatry is trial and error -- historically, we're not too far away from simply zapping people in the head as some kind of solution. I've always wished to find solutions without medications but haven't been able to do so.

C

CharlieBrown

Aug 22, 2020
If you don't mind answering, are you in a facility and being given loose pills at medication time or do you pick up your prescription medication at a pharmacy?

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
If you don't mind answering, are you in a facility and being given loose pills at medication time or do you pick up your prescription medication at a pharmacy?
I was actually upset about not being told what medication I was given at a facility a few days back, but my paranoia still has been branching out into even picking up my prescription at the pharmacy.

• Hugs
Reactions: CharlieBrown
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Unless you have signed and agreed to a study,it's completely unethical
Saying that, an entire industry of supplements and snake oils exists on the placebo effect

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Unless you have signed and agreed to a study,it's completely unethical
Saying that, an entire industry of supplements and snake oils exists on the placebo effect
Are you saying my C-vitamins have been a lie all along?

Reactions: Kattt
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Take too many c vits and your arse will let you know

Last edited: