Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I found an article talking about the difficulty the U.S. government has had in finding pentobarbital.
If you don't want to read the entire thing, here is a paragraph I found interesting:

"Introduced in the 1970s, lethal injections have since replaced the electric chair as the primary method of U.S. executions, in part because states argued injection was a more humane method. But the drugs can inflict pain. Pentobarbital can rapidly damage capillaries in the lungs and force blood frothing into the airways, leading to a drowning sensation in a condemned inmate who has not yet lost consciousness, autopsies of executed inmates show. A degraded or substandard drug can cause suffering by delaying the moment of unconsciousness, lawyers for condemned inmates have argued in court filings." (this is a quote from the article)

Pentobarbital in executions can cause pain?

Last edited:
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I found an article talking about the difficulty the U.S. government has had in finding pentobarbital.
If you don't want to read the entire thing, here is a paragraph I found interesting:

"Introduced in the 1970s, lethal injections have since replaced the electric chair as the primary method of U.S. executions, in part because states argued injection was a more humane method. But the drugs can inflict pain. Pentobarbital can rapidly damage capillaries in the lungs and force blood frothing into the airways, leading to a drowning sensation in a condemned inmate who has not yet lost consciousness, autopsies of executed inmates show. A degraded or substandard drug can cause suffering by delaying the moment of unconsciousness, lawyers for condemned inmates have argued in court filings."

Pentobarbital in executions can cause pain?
Only if the product is substandard.

I remember a European company lundbeck was forced to not supply the US government because the shareholders found out what it was being used for and didn't like it. Google might still have the article, also an Indian company stopped supplying thiopental to the US government under similar circumstances.

Last edited: