• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
So let's say for example, in about 5 years?
A hermetically sealed brown glass jar. Lid can be metal, but has to be isolated from the salt. If you want some peace of mind, this is it.

Reddit comments said that it's not a big deal and that you could throw it in the trash (in a sealed bag, obviously) or flush it down the sink because it's just salt.
That is a really bad recommendation, as I said you could flush it, but the trash does not just magically vanish. It will end up somewhere in a field where people and animals can come into contact with it directly or with items contaminated with it.

I also want to order another one, it will look like this, presumably sealed, but I guess there might still be some air in it.
There probably is, but the bigger problem is that this bottle does not seem to be airtight enough. But it would be possible to seal it better without even opening it. The plastic itself could be good for five years, but the only safe bet is still glass.

doggiesarecute

doggiesarecute

Feb 13, 2024
A hermetically sealed brown glass jar. Lid can be metal, but has to be isolated from the salt. If you want some peace of mind, this is it.

That is a really bad recommendation, as I said you could flush it, but the trash does not just magically vanish. It will end up somewhere in a field where people and animals can come into contact with it directly or with items contaminated with it.

There probably is, but the bigger problem is that this bottle does not seem to be airtight enough. But it would be possible to seal it better without even opening it. The plastic itself could be good for five years, but the only safe bet is still glass.
Thanks, I think I'll go with plastic bottles and just order from from another seller. I'll wrap some tape around the lid for max protection. I'll flash others down the sink

Reactions: Relic
doggiesarecute

doggiesarecute

Feb 13, 2024
Tape does exactly nothing, as far as hermetic goes. You could just literally buy some hermetic and turn the bottle into abstract art piece, or you could melt some candles and dip the bottle, around 10 to 15 layers should be enough.
I'm so dumb

IMG 20240226 172114

IMG 20240226 180702

doggiesarecute

doggiesarecute

Feb 13, 2024
Why? Looks like you have it where you want it.
It took me a lot of time to actually put it in. It was noisy, and my brother was getting suspicious, messaging me, "What the fuck are you doing down there?" As you can see, there were a lot of rocks that blocked my paper funnel. I ended up going to the bathroom and filling up the second bottle while I was "showering" without a funnel. I just washed away the rocks with hard water pressure. I touched it a lot, and some people say it could make you sick or even cause death when inhaling. I just feel a little burning in my throat, that's all. I might end up buying another one that comes in a plastic sealed bottle when I'm ready to do it. Hope my SN won't oxidise too fast

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Hope my SN won't oxidise too fast
How long has it been in that plastic bag? And how hard were the lumps? They should be soft and very easy to squeeze back to powder through the plastic.

I tested my 4 year 6 month old SN stored in the manufacturer HDPE bottle. Very little degradation, if any.

Reactions: losing hope
doggiesarecute

doggiesarecute

Feb 13, 2024
How long has it been in that plastic bag? And how hard were the lumps? They should be soft and very easy to squeeze back to powder through the plastic.

I tested my 4 year 6 month old SN stored in the manufacturer HDPE bottle. Very little degradation, if any.
I started putting it in bottles as soon as I received the package in the mail. To be honest, the rocks were quite hard, so I had to use a small hammer to crush the larger ones. However, it ended up being too messy, so I ended up washing them away down the drain. I managed to fill two bottles with the powdered form that wasn't clumpy.

Is their hardness a big issue? I will likely order from another seller once I am completely sure I'm ready to do it

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Is their hardness a big issue?
The harder they are, the longer it has been sitting exposed to moisture. It might have been a while between manufacturing/packing and shipping it to you. If it is being sold as some lower grade, it would be acceptable for some purposes, but the bottle you posted on the last page, the one with guilloche pattern on the label, is far superior to that loose stuff. The expiration date you see on that bottle means nothing if you store it right.

doggiesarecute

doggiesarecute

Feb 13, 2024
The harder they are, the longer it has been sitting exposed to moisture. It might have been a while between manufacturing/packing and shipping it to you. If it is being sold as some lower grade, it would be acceptable for some purposes, but the bottle you posted on the last page, the one with guilloche pattern on the label, is far superior to that loose stuff. The expiration date you see on that bottle means nothing if you store it right.
thanks i'll order it now

A

ange-gardien54

Nov 8, 2020
Hello everyone. I ordered and received the N in 2021. Alas, I am afraid that it is already expired and currently ineffective. If this is not the case yet, it should not be long. I tried to reuse the email from the time belonging to "AV", but it no longer responds. Could anyone help me?

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Very good post. Unfortunately, I am paranoid myself and ordered SN 4 times, although I know it was unnecessary :). Thank you for calming my mind at least a little.

Ardere

Ardere

Mar 6, 2024
My SN was delivered in a sealed doypack.

Is that enough, or should I put it in a hermetic container?
I haven't opened the doypack yet.

J

jessebessey

Done with life
Mar 7, 2024
My SN was delivered in a sealed doypack.

Is that enough, or should I put it in a hermetic container?
I haven't opened the doypack yet.
I would.like to get sn but can't seem to find a source even on google

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

In great pain. Suicide in progress (hopefully).
May 28, 2023
Let me see if I've got this one right. OP says, in good faith and with the aim of reassuring and calming people, that it doesn't really matter where or how you store your SN, as long as you don't screw it up completely and, say, leave it open or some other similar blunder. Yes, they admit that an airtight container is a good idea to prevent potential problems, but they insist that SN can last a long time even in bad conditions. Other users, however, argue that it's crucial to keep it in an airtight container, such as a hermetically sealed brown glass jar, especially if you plan to leave it there for a long time. So, I have two questions about what to do:

1) Do I leave it there, in the original container it comes in, or do I replace it with a hermetically sealed jar?

2) Wouldn't replacing the container be dangerous for the SN, because if I opened the original container to put it in the jar, I would expose it to air, which could turn it into nitrate?

I may need to order both the SN and the jar at the same time, so I'm asking this before I do anything. I'm also a neurotic, full-blown OCD fuckup, so this sort of thing drives me mad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Do I leave it there, in the original container it comes in, or do I replace it with a hermetically sealed jar?
All nitrites react with oxygen, it's just the way it is. The container you pick depends on your OCD level. Completely filled glass is the best, but some well sealed HDPE will be fine for a few years.

Wouldn't replacing the container be dangerous for the SN, because if I opened the original container to put it in the jar, I would expose it to air, which could turn it into nitrate?
Exposing your SN to air for a few minutes or even hours does nothing to it, at least nothing you can detect. Unless you do it habitually every few days or so, it is not a problem. I left some lying around on purpose, but it will take a few months. I could tell what one month exposed to air does to it at the end of this month, or whenever I remember that I should test it.

Last edited:
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Something like this? The description says it's hermetically sealed.
It would work, but you can't fill it completely, and you would need to be sure that there is no salt between the seal and the glass. You could look for reagent bottles that are 100% glass.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I left some lying around on purpose, but it will take a few months. I could tell what one month exposed to air does to it at the end of this month, or whenever I remember that I should test it.
Wait how long did you leave it lying around for?

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Wait how long did you leave it lying around for?
It has been less than a month at this point. I think it is too early to test it, but it is stored the worst way possible, almost an empty bottle with mostly air in it and the cap is not tightened. I originally thought to check what happens to it in six months or so, but I could do some tests earlier.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
. I think it is too early to test it, but it is stored the worst way possible, almost an empty bottle with mostly air in it and the cap is not tightened
So is this basically to see how if it's still of high purity months after leaving it in the state that you have with the cap especially not tightened to begin with.

How much sn is in the bottle considering you've said that it's an almost empty bottle.

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
So is this basically to see how if it's still of high purity months after leaving it in the state that you have with the cap especially not tightened to begin with.

How much sn is in the bottle considering you've said that it's an almost empty bottle.
That was the idea.
I left about 20 grams in the 250cc bottle.
Someone made a thread here, this one:

Same source, same bottle, only mine is seven months older. Opened it a few weeks ago and it tested rather high, so I have a reference.

Reactions: Goku Black
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Same source, same bottle, only mine is seven months older. Opened it a few weeks ago and it tested rather high, so I have a reference.
And how many times have you opened it but otherwise this just proves sn is really durable as it should be. Also, that bottle must old considering that thread is from 2020 but yours is seven months older.

Charcoal

Charcoal

Mar 11, 2024
I have become my SN in a sealed doypack last Week.
It´s airtight and waterproof i think.

I don´t know, should i leave the SN in there or in HPDE Containers? HPDE Container

How long can it be exposed to the air when I transfer it?

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
And how many times have you opened it but otherwise this just proves sn is really durable as it should be. Also, that bottle must old considering that thread is from 2020 but yours is seven months older.
After I got this, it just gathered dust for a month. Opened it a few times for testing, I had a thought to maybe make some nitrous but then I got over it and sealed the bottle, sort of the wrong way. With candle wax but only two dips and thin layers. When I opened it finally, I discovered that there were a few gaps on the top layer, but apparently there still was a seal. That cap also has a lip that is supposed to make a seal around the rim.
The test difference over the years was the slight indication of nitrates, nitrites seemed to be the same. I would say that this is a relatively stable chemical, but now I want to know how sensitive it actually is to less than ideal conditions, because people here have had bad experiences.
I don´t know, should i leave the SN in there or in HPDE Containers? HPDE Container

How long can it be exposed to the air when I transfer it?
That bottle is fine and a few hours is OK, it won't even take that long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goku Black
Charcoal

Charcoal

Mar 11, 2024
Do I have to fill the bottles to the top so that there is no air in the bottle?
But you can't avoid air in the bottle, can you?

Charcoal

Charcoal

Mar 11, 2024
Thanks for your informations.

There 2 different bottles, no idea which one I should take.
LPDE Container
HPDE Container

I think the LPDE Container are better, easier to fill as the opening is larger.

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Thanks for your informations.

There 2 different bottles, no idea which one I should take.
LPDE Container
HPDE Container

I think the LPDE Container are better, easier to fill as the opening is larger.
HDPE is much tougher material, but their water absorption is same. So pick whichever one you like the most, they are easy to seal. As long as you keep them in a dry environment, it should be all good. Just try to find a bottle with the thickest wall.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I would say that this is a relatively stable chemical, but now I want to know how sensitive it actually is to less than ideal conditions, because people here have had bad experiences.
True but that could've been that their sn may have been something else from the start but this establishes that sealed sn in a closet will be just fine for a long time.