D

Deleted member 65988

The oxidation hasn't been happening with the current level of exposure to air. The relative humidity in the storage room is around 25%. I might test it again after a year, but at that rate nothing is going to change anytime soon.
All in all, as you told me, SN lasts a long while.

Reactions: Relic
K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
The oxidation hasn't been happening with the current level of exposure to air. The relative humidity in the storage room is around 25%. I might test it again after a year, but at that rate nothing is going to change anytime soon.
Ah, thank you! I hadn't even considered the possibility of negligible oxidation and changes, apart from the differences in initial concentration and lighting for the photo.

Reactions: Relic
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
Ah, thank you! I hadn't even considered the possibility of negligible oxidation and changes, apart from the differences in initial concentration and lighting for the photo.
I'm lazy, so I weighed the milligrams directly, the first time it went a bit over five, alternating between five and six. I didn't feel like picking out the grains with tweezers, either. The second time I tried to do better, and ended up with four. So there is around two milligram difference between the tests. As the strips are not built for precision, and my SN is from a verified source, I was concentrating more on the nitrite/nitrate proportions.

T

teehee

Jul 9, 2024
the SN is from IC (old source) and had been opened multiple times and transferred into measured Ziplock bags. Below is a pic of what it was stored in for the test, which was done almost a year after sitting in this bottle. The test was also done with tap water which contradicts the previous belief that you needed to used distilled water to make it last longer.

View attachment 128457
SO I did mix the SN in a water bottle water like this and I have bring it to different places to store it, in the end I transfer it to a hydro flask and Im wondering if it still affective?

situationalsui

situationalsui

Mar 1, 2023
If I stored my 25g of SN in a bottle with 50ml of water over two nights will it still be effective? I take it your original sample was in a bottle of water.

Silent.Tears

Silent.Tears

Experienced
Nov 5, 2021
Asking for purely educational purposes:
Is there a way to check if the source is genuine or not?

L

Landslide84

May 8, 2024
Thank you very much for starting this thread. I'm new here and am considering SN as a method and this has given me some reassurance.

Reactions: jackndutch
castleonacloud

castleonacloud

Dec 16, 2021
I have not heard of anyone who was able to get N in the last 2 years. Neither powder nor the veterinary bottles.

The last source for N liquid went dark in 2022 iirc and 3 weeks ago the seller was arrested in the US for shipping N from Mexico to USA (and other countries).

Details in the indictment below.

EDIT: nobody will be able/willing to produce N in a non-commercial lab. The risk is too high to be arrested/charged and the margins too small because if you do it right your customers won't return.
So I'm pretty sure I got one of the last N liquid deliveries from the source in the indictment. I'm still here trying to hold on until I finish bringing testimony to a justice related situation, BUT I very much want to ensure that once that sense of obligation is complete, I can go. That time is coming not too far off so have been trying to figure out if my N liquid from the MX source that was legit/verified is still good. It is the liquid, veterinary formula and I've kept it sealed in the bottles in which it was sent (I purchased two to be sure). For security the provider had relabeled, but I believe the bottles are the originals and have never been opened. I've stored in a box in a drawer since receipt in January 2022. For those who have tested this same format/type, am I correct in the understanding that the tests reflect that two sealed bottles should still be good/sufficient despite it being over 2 years? And potentially 3 by the time of use? If that's not accurate/expected, then I need to work on another option as I need to be ready when completed obligation. Any informed perspective that has tested and is following these details is much appreciated. Thank you!

J

jackndutch

Aug 8, 2024
Everyone seems to have this amazing plan. My SN comes tomorrow, i'm going to wing it and see what happens. 50ml water and 30g SN. Shake well and go from there. Any suggestions?? I don't have acess to prescriptions and i'll find something to fight the taste.
Praying The Office GIF

• Wow
Reactions: lilmisswbd2cbt
AlvinL28

AlvinL28

Christian?
Aug 10, 2024
I dont understand why countries are so slow to push for euthanasia/ MAiD. it's honestly retarded.

Reactions: Yogobro298
H

Highlander363

Jul 12, 2024
I'd like to preface this to hopefully help people not make rash decisions due to the fear that their suicide method will go "bad" and they feel forced to take it before they truly want to. Freedom of choice means everything.

There is a lot of misconception on here about how long both of these chemicals last before they are no longer useable. both SN and N are highly stable compounds in general when stored in a cool, dry, dark environment and unopened the change in potency will diminish very slowly over time. Even when stored in "unstable" conditions, they both will last for a very long time and the loss of potency is negligible. Almost all chemicals are good past their expiration date, an expiration date is not what you may think, " Since a law was passed in 1979, drug manufacturers are required to stamp an expiration date on their products. This is the date at which the manufacturer can still guarantee the full potency and safety of the drug." [1] most drugs will last for decades past expiration, some even for centuries. In the US expired drugs are sold to the military at a discounted price since legally they are no longer acceptable to be sold to the general public.

Stability of Sodium Nitrite

First we will look at SN since it is far more commonly used. "Curing salt has no hard expiration date. If your curing salt is only salt and sodium nitrate or sodium nitrite, it's good forever. Salt itself never goes bad, though yellowing and other discoloration is common. Moisture is a potential problem as it attracts microbes. To prevent such threats, store curing salts in dry, moisture-lock, airtight containers and in a cool dry place, such as your pantry or a dry goods storage closet. Do not refrigerate or freeze curing salt." [2]

Some people are worried that clumping lowers it's efficacy, this is not the case. Here is a picture of pure sodium nitrite [3] and as you can see there is clumping. Small compounds will slowly stick together over time, it is natural and usually has nothing to do with it's efficacy.

View attachment 128403

Another article showing that is it highly stable
click here

This is a picture of an aquarium test strip that was used on SN that has been sitting in a bottle of tap water with a cap on for almost a year. previously it was believed you needed to use distilled water to insure sodium nitrite would breakdown into sodium nitrate at a much slower rate. considering this SN is still useable in very subpar conditions shows this is not the case as well as shows how stable it is as a compound.

View attachment 128405

This shows Sodium Nitrite is much more stable than previously thought, even in unpleasant environments.

Stability of Nembutal (pentobarbital)

Onto Nembutal, although it isn't talked about much anymore I still think it would be a good idea to show some information regarding it. In the past there was a lot of fear that it would go bad past the due date, as well as once it was opened you had to drink it in a certain amount of time. I would like to showcase why this is wrong.

I believe these two articles are the most notable and shows N in both it's stable and unstable environment and how it reacts.

Article 1: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26234474/

The biggest takeaway from this is, "We determined that the drug degraded at a maximum of 0.5% per year in our preparation (alkaline water/propylene glycol/ethanol) when stored in the dark at room temperature. "

Article 2: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23982045/

The biggest takeaway from this is, "the pentobarbital sodium in injection appears to be very stable, because the loss in potency was only about 6.2% after it was boiled in water for 1.5 hours."

This isn't really related but I thought I'd share this as well. There is an anecdotal report on Erowid about a person who took N recreationally for an extended period of time. The biggest thing to note is they found expired vet N had a worse taste. "some of the bottles were past a use-by date they seemed to be the most foul to drink and provided an inferior experience". An inferior experience in this context refers to the high and possibly that the potency of N was only slightly diminished.

As you can see N is also a highly stable compound and will last long past it's shelf life with very little loss in potency. When the liquid turns cloudy it means nothing in terms of efficacy loss and is just an arbitrary rule in determining it is no longer good for sterile use in a medical setting.

I hope this thread has helped to clear up the air that Sodium Nitrite and Nembutal do not go bad quickly. You do not have to make a rushed decision to ctb because of the fear that either compound will not work. both substances are highly lethal decades past expiration. Exercise caution and make sure ctb is the right choice for you.

[1] https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything
[2] https://www.leaf.tv/articles/does-curing-salt-expire/
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_nitrite
Where can I find information on the correct dosage that would be required?

peacetoall

peacetoall

May 24, 2019
I bought some SN in 2019 but haven't opened it. The bottle is bagged in a sealed plastic bag as well. According to the information posted here it could still be good to use? It would probably be wise to test it and make sure it is good before using it correct

W

WantingOut2

Feb 10, 2024
I need some N badly. I can't stand living anymore.
I want this hell to be OVER.
I have no way out

Reactions: Isbel88
whatever101

whatever101

Sep 1, 2020
I bought SN 4 years ago. Never opened the bottle. So it's good to go!!!??

P

PedroDeath88

Sep 3, 2024
I'm looking for information about N. It has good reviews.

If there is anyone who has information in Spanish I would appreciate it. I know very little English, if not none at all.

P

peruguy23

Sep 5, 2024
I am very interested in this method. I was told that it is the most peaceful, but also the most difficult to find.

I don't speak English, only Spanish. I use the translator. I hope it is translating correctly.

Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
I would like to take some of mine, but I need to be careful of course not taking too much. Does anybondy know how much, how many ml would be fine to drink to have an effect and not being too dangerous? I got 200 ml, which is around 12 g, meaning overkill. even 6-8 g should be enough to kill someone, which is around 100 to 130 ml. You think it would be fine to drink 2, 5 or 10 ml?

D

Dresden45

Mar 12, 2024
Thank you for this very helpful article but I have a question and I live in the UK. How on earth can you get hold of sodium nitrite? I have found one site in the UK but It seems that you can only buy it if you can prove that you are a catering firm - obviously I am not and I'm wary of how reliable other sites selling this might be. So there is a quality control issue too - how do you know that you have been sold sodium nitrite and that it is pure enough to be effective ( and not mainly salt) ?

Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
Another question.... Maybe Iam lucky and someone answers: How long, how many hours do I need to be UNdiscovered so that there is no way to reanimate me? I need to make sure, that I wont be found too early, but also not too late.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Damn, i had this SN since 2018 and it's clumped and i thought maybe its oxidized now and turned into nitrates, glad i saw this

bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I would like to take some of mine, but I need to be careful of course not taking too much. Does anybondy know how much, how many ml would be fine to drink to have an effect and not being too dangerous? I got 200 ml, which is around 12 g, meaning overkill. even 6-8 g should be enough to kill someone, which is around 100 to 130 ml. You think it would be fine to drink 2, 5 or 10 ml?
no amount is fine to take, please do not orally test SN.

Alessa

Alessa

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
no amount is fine to take, please do not orally test SN.
Its not SN, its N.

O drank 3 ml today and I feel weirdly dizzy. Its a bit like feeling drunk. I can still write this post here, so its not too bad, but is the effect strong enough? Is its purity fine? Iam glad to have an effect, but Iam afraid it could be not strong enough. I as told that 5 ml would be too much but I feel it could be way stronger. Its a bit like Iam feeling high and it tastes like medcine you get in the hospital.

Anyone exxperience in testdrinking N ? I definetly feel it nd it took me longer to write this post.

bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
Its not SN, its N.

O drank 3 ml today and I feel weirdly dizzy. Its a bit like feeling drunk. I can still write this post here, so its not too bad, but is the effect strong enough? Is its purity fine? Iam glad to have an effect, but Iam afraid it could be not strong enough. I as told that 5 ml would be too much but I feel it could be way stronger. Its a bit like Iam feeling high and it tastes like medcine you get in the hospital.

Anyone exxperience in testdrinking N ? I definetly feel it nd it took me longer to write this post.
oops lmao, guess that's what i get for replying to a message soon after i woke up.

po1sentree

po1sentree

ᠭᠤᠨᠢᠭᠲᠠᠢ
Sep 14, 2024
I just found and ordered SN, and I'm so excited!!! At first, I thought it was impossible to find SN in Mongolia, but I managed to find it anyways.

G

greenman

Aug 28, 2024
I am confused. Should i buy sodium nitrate or sodium nitrite?

Yogobro298

Yogobro298

Oct 13, 2021
I have some SN that expired last month. It says contents are Preservative Sodium Salt. So it should still be good right? I never opened it. It was stored in a dry place.

no_future_00

no_future_00

Feb 19, 2021
I bought SN 4 years ago. Never opened the bottle. So it's good to go!!!??
same, I'm always worried that it's no longer good. I've been trying to figure out where to buy a new one. I've searched and searched for "DMC" but I still can't find it.