• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
Given my age (26) I've been in very few relationships, and the ones I've been in lasted very long and I always managed to fuck them up somehow.

When I reminisce it's so hard to let go, the Christmas's and birthdays to the awkward hellos when you just meet someone for the first time, to coming home and seeing that beautiful smile and "I made dinner for us!" Or, her letting me read to her about mythology or the things I find fascinating.

Them talking about the things they make and their dreams, and passions, and those deep eyes, a voice that touches my soul.

Then after years it just fades away, and it's so hard to let go. It's for the best though after all, any romantic relationship I've been in , I probably didn't deserve anyway. I just wish hadn't taken things for granted for so long.

I just hope that they're doing ok.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It is not uncommon when looking into the rear-view mirror of life to accentuate what was good to savor the memories. This distortion is like adding spice to a memory. However, it can also keep us from moving forward and even grow to be a standard that others will fail to meet.

It might not be a bad idea to intentionally find something to savor in the present to help give perspective to memories or the past. For example, an inquiry of "Long shift?" to a store clerk might open the conversational door and they might give a smile showing they appreciate your concern. This brief encounter can serve to show you some of the ways even brief encounters can have value and may even provide some hope for the future.

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
Past relationships - 0

(btw I'm 20 lol)

• Wow
Reactions: MrBigSad