• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
So one of the things I do when I wake up is go to the bathroom sit next to the toilet and shower with the shower running. It helps calm me down as I know if I have a panic attack I'll throw up but I'm next to a toilet already so it is okay. Then hearing the shower run and being in an area where I know I'll be left alone for a bit makes me feel better.

Yeh I won't be able to do that for awhile now. Apparently the pipe that my shower, toilet, sink use has a leak issue somewhere somehow. Probably because of the blizzard we had or something.

So now I'm anxious as one of my coping methods is gone, my routine is messed up, and I'm more anxious then normal already because I'm going to therapy tomorrow.

Then out of no where one of the family dogs who is 10 has a seizure which it seems like she is okay now. Parents taking her to vet on Saturday. Obviously this made me super anxious and sad worrying if she will be okay. As she helps me calm down and is one of my best friends. Like I don't know if I'd be able to handle if she died. I don't know if our other dog would be able to handle it either.

Then in a few days I also have to go get some lab work done at the doctors which makes me anxious as well. It's just so shit. I'm anxious and miserable without anything to trigger me or external stressors. Then this all happens at once.

I can't imagine living like this for much longer without improvement or hope or something. Let alone the rest of my life,

Also my anxiety is super complex as it's tied to my high functioning autism, depression, genetics, and possible trauma. Also, so far all the SSRI I've tried havnt helped close to enough, same with buspirone, and hydroxyzine. The only thing that had helped was ativan but I only took it twice as it is super addictive and didn't want to risk addiction or withdrawals etc.

So yeh... just letting it all out kinda. Inputs or thoughts would be appreciated as idk wtf to do. I'm just waiting for stuff to get done. The process is sooo slow with each thing being a low chance of success it's depressing

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
If you got some relief from having the shower run, you might be able to use a "white noise generator". Many people use this to help them get to sleep. They can be set to sound like falling water, the ocean side, or other sounds useful to create a soothing background sound.

issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
You mentioned feeling calm when you're left alone. My brother also has high functioning and I noticed that certain environmental smells and noises stresses him out. Could there be something or somebody that is making you feel worse? The reason why I think you might feel calm in the shower is the noise and feeling does drown out anything that could be bothering you. I've heard weighted blankets can help in autistic and non autistic people as it helps comfort them. I second the white noise generator as it definitely helps me with my anxiety. I use a fan I turn on at night.