• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
This is silly but it is really causing a lot of problems and making me so anxious I think of CTB. Sometimes the anxiety lasts all day.

Between 16-20 years old I misused my contact lenses which I am very ashamed of. It boiled down to wearing them too often, usually to sleep. I was not very educated on what the risks were when I got them. I totally recognize this is my fault but I am still scared of the eye doctor being super angry with me. Especially because I have two grey spots in my left eye I didn't notice before. It could be nothing, or it could be damage from the misuse, or it could be damage completely unrelated to it. They don't hurt at all or feel weird or cause any vision problems so I really have no idea.

I guess I am asking how do I just learn to accept and be ok with whatever happens? If the doctor gets a bit frustrated and won't write me a new prescription, I want to be able to take it in stride. If the doctor will fulfill it but scolds me a bit I want to be able to handle it as well. I also want to be able to handle if the spots in my eye turn out to be something more serious. I just feel severely bad when I am not perfect, my lover says I hold myself to the standard of a perfect person that doesn't exist and he's right. It's super exhausting.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Can your lover accompany you through out your check up? The emotional support can atleast help lessen your anxiety.

As for you dreading your doctor's opinion, it's normal to feel nervous. Will this your first eye appointment? Maybe you could tell them that first.

Saying outright that you have bad anxiety to them might help lessen the blow but it depends on the doctor.

I hope your appointment goes well. Goodluck.

• Love
Reactions: cetacea
psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
Especially because I have two grey spots in my left eye I didn't notice before.
I am not an Optometrist this sounds like Scleral Melanocytosis or Ocular Melanosis

I also have a very faint grey spot on one of my eyes but it doesn't effect my vision or health

"Scleral melanocytosis is a common pediatric condition that becomes prominent with increasing age and usually is bilateral."

"Ocular melanosis is a disease that causes blue, brown or gray discoloration around the iris or on the white of the eye (sclera). It can also cause the iris or the retina to appear darker. It is almost always unilateral (affecting one eye). The condition is typically congenital, meaning it is present from birth. It is also known as ocular melanocytosis."

"Ocular melanosis is benign (not harmful) but in rare cases, it can become cancerous."

I hope this information can put you at ease and I hope the appointment goes well

cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
I am not an Optometrist this sounds like Scleral Melanocytosis or Ocular Melanosis

I also have a very faint grey spot on one of my eyes but it doesn't effect my vision or health

"Scleral melanocytosis is a common pediatric condition that becomes prominent with increasing age and usually is bilateral."

"Ocular melanosis is a disease that causes blue, brown or gray discoloration around the iris or on the white of the eye (sclera). It can also cause the iris or the retina to appear darker. It is almost always unilateral (affecting one eye). The condition is typically congenital, meaning it is present from birth. It is also known as ocular melanocytosis."

"Ocular melanosis is benign (not harmful) but in rare cases, it can become cancerous."

I hope this information can put you at ease and I hope the appointment goes well
Oh wow... this does make me feel a lot better. The spots are indeed on my sclera and havent affected my vision at all. I cant be certain until I actually go but it does seem to be more likely that its something benign as opposed to a sign I have some infection...

I think it is funny how nonsensical my worry is, because if I did develop problems from contact lens misuse, it would be on my cornea, not weird grey spots on my sclera.

Thank you for informing me of this. I think I can go in feeling a lot less anxious and terrible now :-)

Can your lover accompany you through out your check up? The emotional support can atleast help lessen your anxiety.

As for you dreading your doctor's opinion, it's normal to feel nervous. Will this your first eye appointment? Maybe you could tell them that first.

Saying outright that you have bad anxiety to them might help lessen the blow but it depends on the doctor.

I hope your appointment goes well. Goodluck.
My lover can't accompany me unfortunately. My mother could but I'd feel a bit embarrassed. I think I can do it by myself. I'll tell them about the anxiety if it comes to it. Thank you for the good luck !!

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000