Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022

I'll remind you that THIS is not the bill to necessarily panic about and others are of greater concern. Mostly I think it's interesting to see how the site is portrayed. They showed a post saying that SS had helped someone stay alive, while they said things that meant the opposite. Check out the internal links for more.

Of course the piece ends by saying "Help is just a phone call away."

Reactions: MellowAvenue
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022

I'll remind you that THIS is not the bill to necessarily panic about and others are of greater concern. Mostly I think it's interesting to see how the site is portrayed. They showed a post saying that SS had helped someone stay alive, while they said things that meant the opposite. Check out the internal links for more.

Those fools again,! Help is only a phone call and a forced admission to the closest jail or mental hospital!😋 And then they can't figure out why they don't get the calls they should. 🤡

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Nt abl 2 accss
Mght nd vpn

• Aww..
Reactions: MellowAvenue, makethepainstop and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
It's surreal. It almost seems like the video editor may not feel the same as the presenter.

At ~2:16, the video shows a post that says, "This site has kept me alive more than anything else."

At ~2:44 there are posts that say...
"Anyway, I'm sorry you're feeling like this. Hope things get better somehow. Hugs and Love."
and
"The world has failed us disabled people. [...] It is not your fault. We didn't choose to have physical illnesses."

• Yay!
Reactions: Ginnn, 9BBN, Girl-shaped Wound and 2 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
It's surreal. It almost seems like the video editor may not feel the same as the presenter.

At ~2:16, the video shows a post that says, "This site has kept me alive more than anything else."

At ~2:44 there are posts that say...
"Anyway, I'm sorry you're feeling like this. Hope things get better somehow. Hugs and Love."
and
"The world has failed us disabled people. [...] It is not your fault. We didn't choose to have physical illnesses."
They may undo their own narrative, what they show is us not telling people to do it. But that we do care about others. It's now like people come here get a method, and then instantly suicide. Some people have been suicidal for decades, before actually attempting.

• Love
Reactions: Girl-shaped Wound and apple2myeye!
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Assholes

Reactions: Superdeterminist, makethepainstop and apple2myeye!
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
The bits of the forum they really chose to focus in on were kind of odd given the narrative they are trying to present, especially the one at 2:16 that kinda straight up contradicts the idea that sites like this shouldn't exist. I expected them to focus more on Goodbye threads and method discussion, granted they did scroll through a few threads that alluded to that.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Nt abl 2 accss
Mght nd vpn
It was a dead link for me too at first but I just kept trying and eventually it worked for me.

• Informative
Reactions: MellowAvenue and Cathy Ames