• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020

Abstract​

Medico-legal case reports very rarely describe sodium nitrite poisonings, but when they do most often they describe fatal suicide attempts. The case report presents a suicidal attempt with sodium nitrite of unknown provenance and the first attempt to detect nitrite ions in costal cartilage and vitreous humor samples. In February 2020, the corpse of a 23-year-old man was revealed in a student apartment. According to the prosecutor's office, the deceased had an incomplete IT (Information Technology) degree. The onsite inspection revealed the body on the bathroom floor, an opened container with sodium nitrite III in the bathroom cabinet, and a farewell letter in the apartment. The autopsy showed the hypoxia symptoms. The blood and urine of the deceased showed no trace of ethyl alcohol or psychoactive substances. Analyses showed the presence of nitrite ions in the blood (0.2 μg/ml) and urine (24.6 μg/ml) of the deceased. Additional analyses revealed nitrites presence in the gastric contents (2200 μg/ml), liver tissue (0.3 μg/g), kidney tissue (3.6 μg/g) and, for the first time, in costal cartilage (3.4 μg/g) and vitreous humor (57.7 μg/ml). The autopsy concluded that the cause of death was an acute cardio-respiratory failure in the course of suicidal sodium nitrite poisoning. The presented case indicates the need for collecting a wide range of samples for toxicological analyses. It also proves that both costal cartilage and vitreous humor may serve as an alternative forensic material in sodium nitrite poisonings

Reactions: GoneForever, LifeQuitter2018, Ame and 8 others
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
If I ctb with SN are they gonna do an autopsy on me??? I don't want that!!

Reactions: LastFlowers
L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
I get that but if you're dead you won't know. There will be nothing left of your body in the end anyway, in time. Does it really matter?

Reactions: LADY007
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Strange to think that this might have been a forum member.

• Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, Symbiote and Ame
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
If I ctb with SN are they gonna do an autopsy on me??? I don't want that!!
Not your choice.
Unexplained or suspicious deaths will be autopsied.
Not like you'll feel much anyway

Reactions: peacefulhorizons and Ame
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
February 2020.
Why do they publish so late ?