T

TheVeilThins

Oct 2, 2020
Hello, everyone. I've been a lurker for a few months and value the space this provides to share our thoughts without stigma and shame. In a way I feel among kindred spirits. It's haunting and sad to see members exit, though there's something eternal and beautiful about their souls I catch glimpse of here. As the veil between life and afterlife thins, I'm seeing and feeling things in life that were never possible before.

Practical question:

I received sodium nitrite in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately, despite careful tracking, the package arrived hours sooner than expected. I live in an area with very high daytime temperatures, even in October, so by the time I got home, the package had spent precisely 2 hours in 102-105 degree heat. No direct sun exposure, just heat in a closed mailbox.

When I took the container out, it was very warm to the touch. By 45 minutes indoors at room temperature (74 degrees), the container felt cool to the touch. Now I'm concerned about the quality/potency of the nitrite. I'm not a chemistry person at all, so the scientific journals in this area go above my head.

Is it possible that temps above 100 degrees in shade for 2 hours could degrade the potency or otherwise effect suitability/lethality, or do you think it's still good to use?

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
it's fine. Do you think it was climate controlled the entire way to you?

whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
The Veil Thins , Thank you for your beautiful words ->
" It's haunting and sad to see members exit, though there's something eternal and beautiful about their souls I catch glimpse of here. As the veil between life and afterlife thins, I'm seeing and feeling things in life that were never possible before. "

SN is not affected by heat under 400 degrees. (SN is affected by direct UV sunlight). It keeps like a salt. Even if it 'clumps' or turns brown - it retains its properties.

Last edited:
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
I think it's dampness that affects it rather than heat.

voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Heat won't affect it unless it's on fire. Just keep it in a cool, dry, place to preserve it.

T

TheVeilThins

Oct 2, 2020
Great, thank you everyone. Helps to have reassurance. It's easy to overthink this process.
The Veil Thins , Thank you for your beautiful words ->
" It's haunting and sad to see members exit, though there's something eternal and beautiful about their souls I catch glimpse of here. As the veil between life and afterlife thins, I'm seeing and feeling things in life that were never possible before. "

SN is not affected by heat under 400 degrees. (SN is affected by direct UV sunlight). It keeps like a salt. Even if it 'clumps' or turns brown - it retains its properties.
I'm glad these words spoke to you. I never know the impact anything I say has on others. I know there are many times others' words have greatly impacted me.

Reactions: Metalhead