• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Canio

Nov 7, 2019
I'm going to be 50 in a few months. My childhood was crappy where I didnt have consistent parental figures and I was uprooted three times and had to adjust to new surroundings in different countries. I was brought up for a time by my aunts who I realise didn't exactly love me but merely tolerated me and I think resented me as well as I got older. I was basically passed around like an unwanted present. Finally ending back with my dad who obviously didn't want the responsibility.

Other factors, I was bullied at school. I rarely talked earning me the nickname 'Dopey' (as in the mute dwarf in Snow White).

I'm condensing a lot here but the end result has made me not just introverted but also dissociative. My natural features and my 'resting asshole face' (I'm a guy btw) make me look sad and angry in equal measure even though in reality I'm just indifferent. My lifelong depression means I rarely bothered to make connections with people for two reasons; one, the irrational fear that I'd be moving again so there was no point in making a new friend if I was just going to move to another city or country. The second reason being that I didn't want to have people missing me if and when I decide to exit.

My changing circumstances growing up has made me indecisive and not wanting to change so I'm in limbo. Procrastinating and procrastinating and I suppose afraid.

To top everything off I had a very traumatic event five years ago which I'm still not over and I really can't be bothered any more. So for the moment I'm stockpiling my meds and I'm buying a mortar and pestle.

I used to think suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem but after nearly five decades that argument becomes null.

RecycledAtoms

RecycledAtoms

Electrode
Nov 9, 2019
I'm going to be 50 in a few months. My childhood was crappy where I didnt have consistent parental figures and I was uprooted three times and had to adjust to new surroundings in different countries. I was brought up for a time by my aunts who I realise didn't exactly love me but merely tolerated me and I think resented me as well as I got older. I was basically passed around like an unwanted present. Finally ending back with my dad who obviously didn't want the responsibility.

Other factors, I was bullied at school. I rarely talked earning me the nickname 'Dopey' (as in the mute dwarf in Snow White).

I'm condensing a lot here but the end result has made me not just introverted but also dissociative. My natural features and my 'resting asshole face' (I'm a guy btw) make me look sad and angry in equal measure even though in reality I'm just indifferent. My lifelong depression means I rarely bothered to make connections with people for two reasons; one, the irrational fear that I'd be moving again so there was no point in making a new friend if I was just going to move to another city or country. The second reason being that I didn't want to have people missing me if and when I decide to exit.

My changing circumstances growing up has made me indecisive and not wanting to change so I'm in limbo. Procrastinating and procrastinating and I suppose afraid.

To top everything off I had a very traumatic event five years ago which I'm still not over and I really can't be bothered any more. So for the moment I'm stockpiling my meds and I'm buying a mortar and pestle.

I used to think suicide was a permanent solution to a temporary problem but after nearly five decades that argument becomes null.
I used to hear "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem". I used to agree, but not when the "temporary problems" become a permanent happening. So sorry for everything you've gone through. I can relate in this respect: It seems like every time I take a liking to anyone, they either up and move or die.

Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Sorry to hear life has been this way for you. I'm following the same road .. early 30's of which nearly 20yrs in depression. I'm afraid it will take something else than depression to get me over the edge. The endless limbo is something i can relate to very well. I hope i don't have endure it as long as you have.

Wish you well regardless of what you decide to do.

C

Canio

Nov 7, 2019
Sorry to hear life has been this way for you. I'm following the same road .. early 30's of which nearly 20yrs in depression. I'm afraid it will take something else than depression to get me over the edge. The endless limbo is something i can relate to very well. I hope i don't have endure it as long as you have.

Wish you well regardless of what you decide to do.
Same.
Suicide=no more problems (for me at least)
Sorrg to hear about your situation, sounds similar to mine

peace/hugs
Thank you. I hope you get the outcome you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nem