• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I don't know why but after helping my shitty parents with painting and decided to search on a certain German site (it's kinda like Craigslist or FB Marketplace) and decided to do a couple of jobs that gave me certain amount of taxfree money that managed to get me out of the negative balance on my bank account but this was kinda a funny adventure. Specially the last job I did.

I was at some dudes house and he wanted to have his room re-wired because he wanted to have a high wattage audio equipment in that room.
Well, everything went great till the point where this guy wanted to buy a lamp that I told him, that it won't fit because it's an old building and there are certain steel bars in the ceiling but he didn't believe me. So, he bought that lamp and I let him drill the holes. Well, one drill bit broke, then the second one and after breaking the third one, he gave up.
IMG 20210502 170956
Well, in the end, I ended up improvising and somehow mounting the lamp at the correct position and we had tree holes here and exposed wires that I'll cover up today with one of those plastic cable thing/boxes that are used to hide away the wires :P

This was the end result of the whole painting session
IMG 20210502 170720

Even though I have to return today and install the box to cover the wires, I got paid yesterday for this whole thing but you know what's (sort of) funny?
Today at 6am, I got woken up today by my old fridge and it turns out it broke and since it's a 30 year old fridge, I wasn't able to find any replacement part for the compressor on the back on the fridge, so I had to buy a new one or my food would go to waste :P

So, I can say that I was kinda lucky that I got paid yesterday and I managed to get some random Samsung fridge from my electronics store for around 200$ and it's actually bigger than my old fridge that was like half of this fridge's height
IMG 20210503 110416

This one will give me some space for my food and liquid bottles during hot summer days : P
However, if you have an old large fridge, it's not worth buying a new one. This one here has very malicious anti-repair design and even if you somehow manage to get the repair parts from samsung-parts (official Samsung decive parts seller), I would have to destroy the back plate of the fridge which is welded into the frame.
Well, but I don't mind that since the price was really low and nowadays everything is designed to break at some point.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Haha funny and interesting story!
Well, I'm glad you've got a new fridge!
Mine is about 9 years old. Hope it lasts a bit longer because I'm really broke! lol

Reactions: nopointofliving
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Haha funny and interesting story!
Well, I'm glad you've got a new fridge!
Mine is about 9 years old. Hope it lasts a bit longer because I'm really broke! lol
I guess that you could still get some replacement parts for it. My fridge was ancient and had like aluminum doors that had like a glued wood cover to make it look really "premium" and stuff.
I guess Frigidaire tried to reach a certain buyer group and I actually bought it broken back in 2015. It had a broken temperature controller and I jerry rigged one from a Bosh refrigerator that I found on the junk yard : P
Maybe this caused such a catastrophic damage on the compressor but maybe the oil in the compressor didn't run that well anymore I guess