B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
I just read parts of the peacefull pill handbook (version 2007) and it has ratings for the method i.e. Reliability / Peacefullness /Availbility ...etc.
I was shocked when it said, that it gives only a 7/10 in regard to peacefullness for the inert gas method with an exit bag. The description below the the rating of Peacefullness is saying:
" Considered "peacefull" partly because the loss of consciousness comes quickly. There is the sensation of "air hunger" and alarm. "

This is abolutley new to me! I was ensured, that there will be no sensation of unplesentness or even agony. Does anyone have more information about the validity of the claim or how it should be understood?

Is there any clue about if the ability of sensation might stay after loosing the awake-conciousness in a kind of coma or anything comparable?

Thanks in advance!!!!
I attached a copy of the table to this post.

Attachments

• peacefull.JPG
    peacefull.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 55
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
This is the 2019 version. Still rated 7/10 but the There is the sensation of "air hunger" and alarm was removed. You can find it somewhere here. Search bar is your best friend.

Hyperv   Copy
Hyper2   Copy

Reactions: BeBraveBrother and WearyOfStruggling
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
It is important to note that the ratings were conducted with helium and not nitrogen. There is the possibility that the helium used had some air/oxygen in it. As many of us have tested (repeatedly) and if performed correctly, there is no air hunger response with pure nitrogen.

I do agree with the low preparation score though. The exit bag method requires research and preparation. In this world of instant gratification, this will not be to everyone's liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stepheng7287, BeBraveBrother, Marchioness and 1 other person
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
It's an excellent resource but I would very much caution about using any edition of the PPH as an authoritative bible. The peacefulness rating is a purely subjective judgement. In particular, there is no information on what evidence has been drawn upon to justify why the peacefulness rating is low.

When performed correctly, there should be no sensation of 'air hunger' and the experience should be physically comfortable, I would personally argue the most peaceful of the methods. But again, that last sentence is my subjective opinion.

Dyspnea ('air hunger') was my primary concern with this method, but if you are serious about inert gas then safeguards can easily be built in with a little extra effort.

• Love
Reactions: Pen>Sword, Midnight-rain, Greenberg and 1 other person
B

BeBraveBrother

Student
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg and Matthias_k