• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
Hi

I have had a few people asking me about different suicide methods and how peaceful it is, how lethal it is and how long it takes to die.

The following chart is from the website lostallhope.com. This table is so new people especially can have a quick glance on this forum at how the website rates different methods. This data shows 28 different methods of suicide and is based on a study of 4117 completed suicides rated by Doctors.

I hope this helps people and gives them the knowledge that they need to choose a method in a rational way that minimises pain and leads to success.

RankMethod NameLethality (%)Time (min)Agony
1Shotgun to head99.0%1.75.5
2Cyanide97.0%1.851.5
3Gunshot of head97.0%2.513
4Shotgun to chest96.4%1.416
5Explosives96.4%1.63.75
6Hit by train96.2%17.927.08
7Jump from height93.4%4.5617.78
8Gunshot of chest89.5%721.7
9Hanging89.5%725.5
10Auto crash78.5%20.530
11Household toxins77.5%2454.5
12Set fire to self76.5%5795
13Structure fire73.0%52.591.5
14Carbon Monoxide71.0%21.518
15Hit by truck/auto70.0%1963
16Electrocution65.5%2.472
17Gunshot of abdomen65.0%6974
18Drowning ocean/lake63.0%18.579
19Stab of chest58.5%9676
20Cut throat51.5%15.586
21Overdose illegal drugs49.4%116.255.25
22Plastic bag over head23.0%723
23Drowning bathtub21.5%18.579
24Drowning swimming pool21.5%18.579
25Stab of abdomen12.5%25278
26Overdose prescription drugs12.3%1298.5
27Overdose non-prescription drugs6.0%45622.5
28Cut wrists/arms/legs6.0%10571

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
obviously there is no N, SN and other SS methods

Have a look at PPH which mentions these methods
Interesting data, though it seems like it could be quite misleading. Eg. a random cocktail of explosives or an automobile accident is far from a reliable method.

Some people are unsure about methods, so i am trying to get people to avoid using methods that are unlikely to work or be very painful.

A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
Lostallhope is 'ok'. It teaches the super basics but that is about it, it also hasnt been updated since forever.
The chart is also misleading in some ways, for example with the shotgun it says it takes 1.7 minutes to die but if you someone killed themselves with a shotgun correctly (which you can find if you click on my profile) you will die in less than 1 second and there would be zero agony since the bullet is faster than pain. Even a handgun will kill in less than a second and be painless if done right. Overdosing on illegal drugs is also very vague because a lot of illegal drugs wont be of any use for suicide, only GHB, Heroin and fentanyl are useful for killing yourself painlessly, the same is for non-prescription drugs too it's very vague and some can kill super quick and painless if done right whilst others are terrible for killing yourself.
Tldr? The chart is misleading and vague

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
Lostallhope is 'ok'. It teaches the super basics but that is about it, it also hasnt been updated since forever.
The chart is also misleading in some ways, for example with the shotgun it says it takes 1.7 minutes to die but if you someone killed themselves with a shotgun correctly (which you can find if you click on my profile) you will die in less than 1 second and there would be zero agony since the bullet is faster than pain. Even a handgun will kill in less than a second and be painless if done right. Overdosing on illegal drugs is also very vague because a lot of illegal drugs wont be of any use for suicide, only GHB, Heroin and fentanyl are useful for killing yourself painlessly, the same is for non-prescription drugs too it's very vague and some can kill super quick and painless if done right whilst others are terrible for killing yourself.
Tldr? The chart is misleading and vague

When i first joined this site i found it helpful that PPH and Lostallhope had a lot of information in one place and was easy to read etc. Other than SS where you have to search for a long time to find specific methods, what other sources would you recommend that is up to date and has specific details?

Can you help with any other sources of information where people can easily find information? Websites? Ebooks? Forums? etc

Thanks

A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
When i first joined this site i found it helpful that PPH and Lostallhope had a lot of information in one place and was easy to read etc. Other than SS where you have to search for a long time to find specific methods, what other sources would you recommend that is up to date and has specific details?

Can you help with any other sources of information where people can easily find information? Websites? Ebooks? Forums? etc

Thanks
Honestly, I think SS is the only place with useful information, everywhere else is mediocre or garbage.
Prior to 8chan shutting down I guess the suicide board there was almost as good as here but that is about it.
Very strange, there's a lot of websites where one can access sexual violence & murder, buy drugs and talk about terrorism yet sites with suicide methods and sources towards certain stuff is almost non-existent save for this site.

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
Honestly, I think SS is the only place with useful information, everywhere else is mediocre or garbage.
Prior to 8chan shutting down I guess the suicide board there was almost as good as here but that is about it.
Very strange, there's a lot of websites where one can access sexual violence & murder, buy drugs and talk about terrorism yet sites with suicide methods and sources towards certain stuff is almost non-existent save for this site.

SS does seem like one of the only places that we can find information, but I will keep searching for new sites. SS was on reddit but got banned so made its own site, it seems like most of the big websites like Twitter Facebook clamp down hard on pro suicide information for the public, so many people will have to dig deep to research this subject.

It does seem that it is very hard to find a lot of detailed information about methods etc especially on the normal internet. I guess you can find a lot more on the dark web with a tor browser but even there information can be hard to find or even finding valid websites would be difficult for a lot of people.

Reactions: Zephyr141
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Thanks guv. Since lostallhope was shut down by prolifers, the table can be accessed only by the wayback machine at least for me, always afraid it could be gone anytime. It's always good to know what is a priority and what not.

A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
SS does seem like one of the only places that we can find information, but I will keep searching for new sites. SS was on reddit but got banned so made its own site, it seems like most of the big websites like Twitter Facebook clamp down hard on pro suicide information for the public, so many people will have to dig deep to research this subject.

It does seem that it is very hard to find a lot of detailed information about methods etc especially on the normal internet. I guess you can find a lot more on the dark web with a tor browser but even there information can be hard to find or even finding valid websites would be difficult for a lot of people.
I tried looking for websites like SS before but I never was able to find anything, not even this 'dark web' has anything. All the forums in the darknet either ban suicide talk, like Dread, or give the worst advice ever, like Nanochan. Trust me, you will be wasting your time looking for a site like SS

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
I only know about hanging from my own personal experience, and I must say that this method is rated by far too negative. Not the time till death is important but the time till blacking out and this 5 to 15 seconds in case of hanging. If planned well the lethality of hanging is almost 100 %. The agony in terms of pain is not more then a fistfight in the streets, in both cases you are full of adrenaline.

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I wish it gave more details, eg jump from height: well what height? I want to know how likely it is to kill me if I jump from 200m onto concrete; I already know that 10 metres onto grass isn't likely to work. Or train: standing on the railway track near a station or neck on the line on a high speed trainline?

Reactions: houseofleaves
BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
What do you mean with 'access sexual violence ' ? Videos of sexual abuse?

madebrief

madebrief

Experienced
Jul 4, 2022
Would it be possible to merge the data above with the PPH 2022 posting you made?

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
I tried looking for websites like SS before but I never was able to find anything, not even this 'dark web' has anything. All the forums in the darknet either ban suicide talk, like Dread, or give the worst advice ever, like Nanochan. Trust me, you will be wasting your time looking for a site like SS
Yes it is difficult to find information
I only know about hanging from my own personal experience, and I must say that this method is rated by far too negative. Not the time till death is important but the time till blacking out and this 5 to 15 seconds in case of hanging. If planned well the lethality of hanging is almost 100 %. The agony in terms of pain is not more then a fistfight in the streets, in both cases you are full of adrenaline.
Hanging is the most common method across the world but it can be difficult to set up for some people. Also if you get caught you are likely to have some physical damage etc
I wish it gave more details, eg jump from height: well what height? I want to know how likely it is to kill me if I jump from 200m onto concrete; I already know that 10 metres onto grass isn't likely to work. Or train: standing on the railway track near a station or neck on the line on a high speed trainline?
Yes the website has not been updated in a while,

Death from jumping requires at least 150m onto concrete or 200m onto water.

The train method will likely require you to put your neck on the line or jump in front of a high speed train, but i personally will not do this.

Watching these gore sites is not recommended as it can make some people scared and put them off. Other people may watch it and get desensitised and then find the courage to kill themselves.

If you easily get shocked etc i will say do not watch these suicide, violent videos etc

Last edited:
F

FinishingLine

May 23, 2022
Since lostallhope was shut down by prolifers, the table can be accessed only by the wayback machine at least for me, always afraid it could be gone anytime
I went to lost all hope to see about it being taken down - all is accessible except the suicide methods where it gives an error #404. I hope this site is safe for the future and precautions have been taken.
When I kill myself it will not be because of this site, LAH or SS, but thanks to them I have acquired the means to end my life in my own most peaceful way, rather than ending in even more suffering.

I have read through many very sad personal life accounts in the past month on here, their struggles and pain
they went and go through. People like pro-lifers just don`t have the empathy to understand what it is like to be not having the will to live under the torture what ever the cause is.

Last edited:
Reactions: callme
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
Watching these gore sites is not recommended as it can make some people scared and put them off. Other people may watch it and get desensitised and then find the courage to kill themselves.

If you easily get shocked etc i will say do not watch these suicide, violent videos etc
I wasn't talking about whether you should look at violent videos, I just said it's weird how theres so many websites for violent videos and drug selling and terrorist gathering but a website for suicide is almost non-existent