• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Long drop hanging
Long drop hanging is when you drop from a height of 1.5 metres or more
with the aim to break the vertebrates in your neck
If performed correctly this will fracture vertebrae and make your blood pressure drop and render you unconscious instantly.
Death will occur 20 mins later.
Materials
1. Non-flexible Rope (manilla or hemp) minimum 14mm max 20mm
2. A place where you can do it eg bridge or tree
3. Mastering of tying a noose (Noose absorbs the shock, less strain on the rope)

4. measuring tape (to measure your drop)
5. time 20 minutes minimum (important)

Table Of Drops
You will need to know your weight (Look at the 1913 drop)

Use the table below and match your weight with the corresponding height
Table of d

eg If you weigh 70kg you will need a drop of 6ft 6 inches or 198cm to successfully fracture the vertebrae.
(Do not drop from under your recommended height no matter what, this will lessen the chance of a fractured vertebra and so will not render you unconscious)
How it kills you

Long drop hanging kills you by fracturing the vertebrae in your neck.C1-C4 (These are just the vertebrae numbered). This, if done correctly, will cause a huge amount of damage to the spinal cord and then will stop your brain sending instructions to your organs that are designed to keep you alive. This will shut off all organs. Your lungs will not be able to take in fresh oxygen and so brain damage will start to occur.
Spinal cord injury EB68H0 What is a spinal cord injury

As you can see, the image here is showing a fractured vertebre that is damaging the spinal cord. (Spinal cord yellow, Brown square vertebrae)
Real-life examples and why some people have been decapitated (is preventable)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s41935-018-0062-x (Example A)(62kg)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s004140050199 (Example B)(87.5kg)
https://www.semanticscholar.org/pap...stóf/8e4590aa003153443fc724de43cfba8042205a93 (Example C)(95kg)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0379073899001401 (Example D) (144kg)

In the example, D. The man weighing 144kg was well to heavy to be hanged the max on the table in 89kg. He had a drop height of 2 meters. The reason he was decapitated was that he dropped from a height that was too big for him. Recommended for 89kg is 155cm. He weight 144kg.

In example A. The man weighing 62kg dropped from a height of 6.3m metres. In the report, the examiner said this '' Usually, in such long drops, there is every chance of partial or complete decapitation due to traction force. This rare occurrence in such long drop can be described by the weight of the individual and nature (thick and elastic) of the ligature material.'' Pretty much he wasn't decapitated because the rope was elastic. Do not use an elastic rope.
Executing the method (Must be executed when it is dark)
Once you have your rope. I would recommend making the noose first, making sure it will fit. Marking where the noose ends when tightened on your neck. Best position Vertbre Placing the noose at under the chin will maximize the force being applied to the vertebrae.
Get your measuring tape and measure the length you need. An example you need 2m of a drop. From the point, you marked above the noose, measure 2m and mark where the 2m ends. For the rest of the rope, it can be used to tie to the fixed point. A thick tree branch or a bannister of a flight of stairs like in Example D.
The rope will not break if you use 14mm or above. I would not use anything under 14mm. Risk is too big. When you drop you will need 20 minutes minimum for your brain to be completely damaged. You cannot be found! You are severing your spinal cord when doing this if you are found you will be paralysed. So that's why you need to do it at night in a hidden area eg forest. (Do not send a goodbye text or mention your chosen site, If you go missing that is where they will look first)

Once you have your sight picked out to go to it and measure the overall drop. Maybe at night so you know if people walk/jog near that area at night. So you won't be interrupted and this is to ensure there is a big enough gap between your feet and the fixed point. You don't want to do it and then hitting the ground and breaking ankles. (Example I know my site has a drop of 6m. I will need 2.4m So now I know I'm good).

A video I recommend watching all the way through. It is short. It sums up this post. I spent a lot of time researching this and I appreciate if you are still reading. If I forgot something or you have any questions please ask below.

This method is straight forward enough, instant and can do it when you please as there is no expiry date on the rope. That is why I recommend it. It will also never go away as you cant ban rope.
Best of luck with this! :)

N

nbn

Student
Nov 3, 2019
It is informative,but no one can guarantee that there will be breakage of cervical vertebrae. Even the hangings performed by a professional hanger were not 100% . I have recently read a scientific article where it was mentioned that many long drop hanged criminals vertebrae were intact. If done wrongly, there would be intense pain,i guess. I think, short drop suspension is better, even though one feel pain for the first 15 sec. I even thought of long drop,but later dropped that idea. I am planning to use short drop full suspension. My date may be very soon,but i can't guarantee it,as i worried about failing and ending up in a far more worse situation.

• Love
Reactions: lostangel
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
It is informative,but no one can guarantee that there will be breakage of cervical vertebrae. Even the hangings performed by a professional hanger were not 100% . I have recently read a scientific article where it was mentioned that many long drop hanged criminals vertebrae were intact. If done wrongly, there would be intense pain,i guess. I think, short drop suspension is better, even though one feel pain for the first 15 sec. I even thought of long drop,but later dropped that idea. I am planning to use short drop full suspension. My date may be very soon,but i can't guarantee it,as i worried about failing and ending up in a far more worse situation.
Best of luck with your method hope it works out.

Reactions: Pan
H

Hendrik

Feb 2, 2020
The 1913 drop table above does not correspond to the latest values that were used in the UK - as mentioned in the "drop hanging" section on lostallhope and the link therein to the very detailed and well researched website on capital punishment methods in the UK.

After 1939, the British added 9 inches to the drop height in the 1913 drop table in order to get a drop energy at breaking point of approximately 1100 lbs feet - while the 1913 drop table was assuming a drop energy of 1000 lbs pounds. You can calculate the the drop height yourself
  • imperial units: drop height (feet) = (desired drop energy in lbs feet) / (your weight in lbs)
  • metrical units: drop height (m) = (desired drop energy in lbs feet * 1,3558) / (your weight in kg * 9.81)
Using these formulas, you will notice that adding 9 inches to the 1913 drop table will yield smaller drop energies for very small and large weights, so it's probably better to use the formula if you are at the outer range or even outside of the given weights in the original drop table.

I found the website on capital punishment in the UK extremely useful for designing my setup as it virtually describes all learnings by British and Americans executioners in great detail. Here my main takeaways
  • the British later used an brass eyelet inside the loop to ensure fast construction and quicker death and avoid the need for lubrication of the rope.
  • the knot needs to be positioned right below the jar at the moment of drop impact. This means in practice that the knot should be positioned slightly to the sides to make sure that the knot moves below the jar under load
Here the material & setup that I chose
  • high strength static (!) rope for industrial climbers with 12 mm diameter and 3000 DaN breaking force
  • eyelet for 10 mm ropes (which still fitted well on a 12 mm rope and was not too large)
  • When preparing the rope & nooze, I doubled the rope and taped it strongly in order to get a larger diameter of around 23-24 mm. The resulting nozzle feels strong and quite "comfortable" around the neck due to the taping
Setup2

My only concern is the slightly larger diameter of 23-24 mm compared to the 3/4'' (18 mm) hemp ropes that were used by the British in the 20th century. These ropes were also always stretched with weights during trial testing with sand bags which sometimes reduced the rope diameter even to 5/8 (15 mm).

The potential problem with a larger diameter is the larger force distribution around the neck and thus small breaking force. I decided however to slightly increase the target drop energy to 1150 lbs feet and just hope that this is sufficient to break my neck. We will see ...

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
What if you do it wrong somehow. What would happen. If rope, anchor and lenght of drop are ok, but noose placement isnt, what would happen after such drop? Cant seem to figure it out myself right now

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
What if you do it wrong somehow. What would happen. If rope, anchor and lenght of drop are ok, but noose placement isnt, what would happen after such drop? Cant seem to figure it out myself right now
Knot located behind the head should be good. If everything else is good eg drop, rope and anchor point then you will be successful. It isn't recommended to do it by the side as there will not be enough force generated. I hope this helps

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
From some personal research:

It doesn't matter hugely if you are found provided medical attention can't reach you for at least 20 minutes. It's also worth nothing that it became common practice to place the knot in front of the neck to ensure that the head is thrown back violently and force is applied to the spine.

nervousandanxious

nervousandanxious

Apr 29, 2020
This seems like a scary and painful method though, to break the neck. The short drop suspension would be better and less painful, I feel like. Be careful and don't try anything yet til you're fully ready to exit this world :aw: also, consider the gruesome scene your loved ones will see upon discovery of your body..

Reactions: MorticiasHair
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
This seems like a scary and painful method though, to break the neck. The short drop suspension would be better and less painful, I feel like. Be careful and don't try anything yet til you're fully ready to exit this world :aw: also, consider the gruesome scene your loved ones will see upon discovery of your body..
Have to be real, if done right this should be much less painful that short drop. Short drop can be good but it's far from painless. Long drop should be instant loss of consciousness.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
The PL'er has slipped thru the cracks for a while. And playing it smart to stay here. :/.

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
If performed correctly this will fracture vertebrae and make your blood pressure drop and render you unconscious instantly.
Death will occur 20 mins later.
Does that mean you can be saved within 20 minutes? Any evidence for this?
Are there any cases of survived long-drop hanging?
People hang themselves off bridges in busy areas.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Does that mean you can be saved within 20 minutes? Any evidence for this?
Are there any cases of survived long-drop hanging?
People hang themselves off bridges in busy areas.
Yes, they say 15 minutes without oxygen to the brain survival is nearly impossible I added on the extra 5 minutes to increase the chances of dying.

For news stories of people being saved. I haven't found any to do with long-drop hanging. But the principles are the same.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
The risk is still there ngl. I'm very confident but in the end I've decided to up the drop height to around 5 meters. Good chance this could cause decapitation which at this point I'm actively trying to get. I'm going to finish up some math and make a post about this specifically at some point. It seems like a really bullet proof way of dying to me.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I won't claim expertise in this field, but I would encourage anyone suggesting the rope be placed in front of the chin to verify this with hard sources. I DO know the British (who developed the long drop tables in the first place) and us military hung a great deal of people after ww2, and this was not the recommended placement. The brits used right behind the ear, and I've seen credible sources suggesting right in front of it.

I just put this out here in the interest of full disclosure and so everyone can trust but verify. Anatomically, there is significantly less range of motion in these placements than under the chin.

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Yes, they say 15 minutes without oxygen to the brain survival is nearly impossible I added on the extra 5 minutes to increase the chances of dying.

For news stories of people being saved. I haven't found any to do with long-drop hanging. But the principles are the same.
Long drop can cause much more damage than simple full hanging. I guess at some point there's nothing you can do anymore even when the brain is still alive for 15 minutes. I'm not sure you can get oxygen (blood) through ruptured carotid arteries.

Last edited:
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I won't claim expertise in this field, but I would encourage anyone suggesting the rope be placed in front of the chin to verify this with hard sources. I DO know the British (who developed the long drop tables in the first place) and us military hung a great deal of people after ww2, and this was not the recommended placement. The brits used right behind the ear, and I've seen credible sources suggesting right in front of it.

I just put this out here in the interest of full disclosure and so everyone can trust but verify. Anatomically, there is significantly less range of motion in these placements than under the chin.
What placement would you recommend? The point of the rope under the chin was to allow the neck to hyperextend and increase strain on spinal cord.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The noose directly behind or beside the ear.

C

CivilizationV

May 21, 2020
According to this site, rope should be lubricated with wax or soap to help with the sliding. It also mentions boiling and stretching it to prevent spring/coiling. Any thoughts on these?
And it also mentions factors that could result in failure in breaking the neck, such as low weight of the person. I hope it can be resolved by just falling from higher height.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Yes, height can resolve most issues, provided you don't have a stretchy rope.

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
According to this site, rope should be lubricated with wax or soap to help with the sliding. It also mentions boiling and stretching it to prevent spring/coiling. Any thoughts on these?
And it also mentions factors that could result in failure in breaking the neck, such as low weight of the person. I hope it can be resolved by just falling from higher height.
Im very light weight so that interests me as well. But there are weight charts for hanging. I would need above 3 meters long drop. Heavier ppl needs less.

Lubricating the rope is always good but its best to tighten the noose before you go.

You do need a strong non stretchy rope. We dont want bungy jumping.

Im just not sure witch ropes are not stretchy as all options i got are 3mm parachute rope or stretchy climbing rope. I know those wont do good

Last edited:
S

SamsaSoup

Oct 22, 2020
Seems like a scary method, that has the potential to be very effective if performed with no mistakes.

I wonder if the hemp rope could be replaced with a "semi static" climbing rope made of nylon (PA6 polyamide) with these parameters:

- 11 mm diameter
- 35 kN strength (18 kN if using knots, which we would)
- 2.4% static elongation (with 50 kg - 150 kg weights)

Seems quite sturdy. Question is this enough, and would the rope be able to handle a drop from the table above with maybe an added meter or two for good measure, say 5 meters for a 75 kg body.

Please no one be alarmed, this is only speculative on my part at the moment.

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Which location would you prefer? bridge or balcony? In either case, first responders will arrive quickly at the site, even in the early morning.

YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Which location would you prefer? bridge or balcony? In either case, first responders will arrive quickly at the site, even in the early morning.
I would prefer a bridge, specially if it's in a low traffic zone.

U

userm23

Sep 9, 2021
What if you weight way less than
From some personal research:

It doesn't matter hugely if you are found provided medical attention can't reach you for at least 20 minutes. It's also worth nothing that it became common practice to place the knot in front of the neck to ensure that the head is thrown back violently and force is applied to the spine.
There's people saying it should be in front, others behind. Now idk what to do