• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
I've been developing a method for my suicide, and I want some feedback on it because I've never really considered hanging of any kind as a method until recently.

I've played around with partial-suspension a bit, and I definitely don't like it. The feeling of lingering pressure on the neck is not super pleasant, and I'd like to avoid a prolonged death. However, "long-drop" hanging seems like a good possibility to me.

Long-drop hanging, as described by Wikipedia is "a scientific advance on the standard drop [...] the person's height and weight were used to determine how much slack would be provided in the rope so that the distance dropped would be enough to ensure that the neck was broken [...] Careful placement of the eye or knot of the noose (so that the head was jerked back as the rope tightened) contributed to breaking the neck".

Long-drop hanging is apparently still used in some countries where hanging is a method of capital punishment. Funnily enough, Wikipedia has a public version of a "drop chart", that determines length used during execution of people of different weights:

Now, my kit and method is as follows:

I plan on using manila rope that is 3/4 inch thick and rated to hold 695lbs. I've read that natural fibre ropes are preferred over nylon, polypropylene, or the like in other posts on sasu, and I suspect that in reality this rope could probably hold much more than 695lbs, and that 695 is just the "safe limit" for regulated use as per whatever government standards there are on material. I only weight ~150lbs, and even with the increase of force/energy from the drop, I really doubt it would break the rope (I am considering different things I could tie to the rope and do a "test drop"). This is backed by the fact that another website rates 3/4 inch manila rope as having a tensile strength of 4860lbs and a "safe load" limit of 690lbs (pretty consistent with the manufacturer).

Since I weigh ~150lbs, I would only need a drop of about 5 to 7 feet (as per the chart). I live in an area with a fair amount of footbridges which are easily much higher than 7ft, and if I were to CTB at night during a period of low-traffic, I doubt I would be found for some time. My current preferred spot is surrounded by trees at both ends, and since I would probably not need so much length, I suspect I could hang surrounded by trees. Aided by the low-visibility of night, I suspect I might not be found until the next morning.

In other posts I've seen people say that with full suspension, as long as you are sure the ligature can hold you, and you are sure that the point you are connected to will not break, there is very little that can go wrong. There isn't much way to stop a full suspension/drop hanging once you drop, and if done correctly, I think there's a fairly certain chance of losing consciousness almost instantly. Even just the simple jump method seems fairly lethal to me given a sufficient height, so to concentrate so much force into the neck seems effective to me

Last edited:
HeroinTears

HeroinTears

I care
Jun 10, 2023
I personally don't believe all of that really. Ik there are methods to do all of that and minimize the amount of time one spends conscious, but adrenaline and stress can change your perception of time and things don't always go according to plan. But that's just me really. Seems like you already have everything figured out. I think maybe putting on more weight, like ankle weights or those weights jackets people use to exercise, could help? Idk.

I only try it if I use enough to start passing out before hanging. I can't go fully conscious. Guns should be more accesible :/

I

ironically living

can i leave yet?
Oct 22, 2023
this all seems like it should work, but i would advise doing what HeroinTears said

I think maybe putting on more weight, like ankle weights or those weights jackets people use to exercise, could help?

Reactions: SomewhatLoved
steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
If you take some time to watch hangings on a gore site, you will find that it doesn't take much before someone is unconscious - seconds at times. I did some research in medical journals where they have studied suicides by hanging and they found most people are unconscious within 10 seconds and rarely go past 15 seconds.

I am not sure if you could really duplicate the the drop hanging

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Apr 12, 2023
I am not sure if you could really duplicate the the drop hanging
What do you mean by this? What part would I not be able to duplicate? Do you believe that partial suspension is better?

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
What do you mean by this? What part would I not be able to duplicate? Do you believe that partial suspension is better?
well, the purpose of a drop hanging is to break your neck. The purpose of a partial hanging or full suspension is to cut the blood to your brain. I think there is a good chance you will miss the exact spot with a fall. It's not used for executions now for that very reason.

With suspension or partial, you have a moment to make sure the rope is in the exact spot you need it to be

Also, full suspension is really fast. You are often unconscious in a few seconds. I read one medical study that looked at streamed hangings, and most of the people were unconscious in about 5 seconds. and most were gone by 10.

It doesn't mean they are dead, but it does mean they are unconscious, which is what you are aiming at in the first stage.

But this is an opinion

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Apr 12, 2023
well, the purpose of a drop hanging is to break your neck. The purpose of a partial hanging or full suspension is to cut the blood to your brain. I think there is a good chance you will miss the exact spot with a fall. It's not used for executions now for that very reason.

With suspension or partial, you have a moment to make sure the rope is in the exact spot you need it to be

Also, full suspension is really fast. You are often unconscious in a few seconds. I read one medical study that looked at streamed hangings, and most of the people were unconscious in about 5 seconds. and most were gone by 10.

It doesn't mean they are dead, but it does mean they are unconscious, which is what you are aiming at in the first stage.

But this is an opinion
I feel like it's pretty reliable.

With a drop hanging, if you use a length of slack that has been used my militaries and governments for reliable execution over years of improvement, I suspect that most people will break their neck, given that it is performed correctly. Hanging as a general method has been described in some statistics as over 70% effective, and if done with lots of research, I think it's probably higher. I plan on placing the knot of the noose submentally/under my chin, which will create lateral pressure on the spine increasing the chances of dislocation and damage to the nervous system.

Even if my neck doesn't break, as long as the rope doesn't snap, I will still be hung and will asphyxiate or die from the arteries being compressed. As mentioned, the rope I plan to use is rated to safely hold roughly 4 times my bodyweight and has an upper tensile strength that it much higher.

AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024
I've been developing a method for my suicide, and I want some feedback on it because I've never really considered hanging of any kind as a method until recently.

I've played around with partial-suspension a bit, and I definitely don't like it. The feeling of lingering pressure on the neck is not super pleasant, and I'd like to avoid a prolonged death. However, "long-drop" hanging seems like a good possibility to me.

Long-drop hanging, as described by Wikipedia is "a scientific advance on the standard drop [...] the person's height and weight were used to determine how much slack would be provided in the rope so that the distance dropped would be enough to ensure that the neck was broken [...] Careful placement of the eye or knot of the noose (so that the head was jerked back as the rope tightened) contributed to breaking the neck".

Long-drop hanging is apparently still used in some countries where hanging is a method of capital punishment. Funnily enough, Wikipedia has a public version of a "drop chart", that determines length used during execution of people of different weights:

View attachment 133286

Now, my kit and method is as follows:

I plan on using manila rope that is 3/4 inch thick and rated to hold 695lbs. I've read that natural fibre ropes are preferred over nylon, polypropylene, or the like in other posts on sasu, and I suspect that in reality this rope could probably hold much more than 695lbs, and that 695 is just the "safe limit" for regulated use as per whatever government standards there are on material. I only weight ~150lbs, and even with the increase of force/energy from the drop, I really doubt it would break the rope (I am considering different things I could tie to the rope and do a "test drop"). This is backed by the fact that another website rates 3/4 inch manila rope as having a tensile strength of 4860lbs and a "safe load" limit of 690lbs (pretty consistent with the manufacturer).

Since I weigh ~150lbs, I would only need a drop of about 5 to 7 feet (as per the chart). I live in an area with a fair amount of footbridges which are easily much higher than 7ft, and if I were to CTB at night during a period of low-traffic, I doubt I would be found for some time. My current preferred spot is surrounded by trees at both ends, and since I would probably not need so much length, I suspect I could hang surrounded by trees. Aided by the low-visibility of night, I suspect I might not be found until the next morning.

In other posts I've seen people say that with full suspension, as long as you are sure the ligature can hold you, and you are sure that the point you are connected to will not break, there is very little that can go wrong. There isn't much way to stop a full suspension/drop hanging once you drop, and if done correctly, I think there's a fairly certain chance of losing consciousness almost instantly. Even just the simple jump method seems fairly lethal to me given a sufficient height, so to concentrate so much force into the neck seems effective to me
Having experienced partial-hanging, before, I can confirm that it's much easier than you'd think. No need to push you body into the rope. Just let gravity do its thing. Under the jawbone worked for me. Rope typically stays underneath the mandible, once pressure is applied. I'd be very careful, though. You pass out sooner than you'd think. Very...very...careful.

Edit:
I'm not suggesting that you even attempt this, by the by. Only stating what's previously worked for me.

Last edited: