• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
So basically I was reading up on Maalox I purchased and I noticed it says it has some kind of "enveloping" effect on your body

It is described as

Maalox is an antacid, adsorbing, enveloping, carminative and choleretic drug.

Pharmacological action

The drug neutralizes the free hydrochloric acid of gastric juice without causing its secondary hypersecretion. In addition, an increase in the pH of gastric juice when taking the drug Maalox leads to a decrease in the activity of pepsin in gastric juice. The drug also has an adsorbing and enveloping effect, thanks to which the effect of damaging factors on the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach is reduced.

BUT it also mentions drug interactions!

Drug interaction

With simultaneous use with quinidine, it is possible to increase serum concentrations of quinidine and the development of an overdose of quinidine.

When taken simultaneously with Maalox®, the absorption of the following drugs from the gastrointestinal tract decreases: histamine H2 receptor blockers, atenolol, bisphosphonates, cefdinir, cefpodoxime, chloroquine, cyclins, dasatinib monohydrate, diflunisal, digoxin, eltrombopag olamine, ethambutol, fluoroquinolones, gabapentin, GCS, indomethacin, iron salts , isoniazide, ketoconazole, levothyroxine, lincosamides, metoprolol, mycophenolate mofetil, neuroleptics derivatives of phenothiazine, penicillamine, phenytoin, propranolol, raltegravir potassium, riociguate, rosuvastatin, sodium fluoride, tacrolimus, antiviral drugs (a combination of tenofovir alafenamide fumarate, emtricitabine and bictegravir sodium). In the case of a 2-hour interval between taking these drugs and the drug Maalox and a 4-hour interval between taking fluoroquinolones and the drug Maalox, in most cases this undesirable interaction can be avoided.

This product may react with other medications (including digoxin, iron, pazopanib, tetracycline antibiotics, quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin), preventing them from being fully absorbed by your body. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about how to schedule your medications to prevent this problem.

Someone also said on online review:

"It relieves pain, judging by the description of the drug, envelops the stomach, protects from gastric juice, from the acid that it contains."

Does it mean that taking liquid Maalox as antacid WILL PREVENT SN ABSORPTION WHEN TAKEN AS AN ANTACID?

Because of that "enveloping" protective effect Maalox has?

"The mechanism of action of Maalox is repelled by the neutralization of free hydrochloric acid, which is in the composition of gastric juice, while the secretion of acid does not increase. After the drug has entered the digestive organ, the pH value increases, so the gastric juice becomes less aggressive.

The substances that make up Maalox envelop the gastric mucosa and have an adsorbing effect. The mucous membrane is protected from the destructive effects of aggressive chemical components."

The medicine has a local effect, is practically not absorbed into the bloodstream, which means that it has no other therapeutic effect on the body. It is excreted naturally with feces.

Should I switch to pill version or attempt to get Famotidine as H2 blocker??

Thank you.

Last edited:
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Read the ppeh under sticky threads at top of suicidal discussion page, it is best to follow the guide on SN. I wouldnt recommend using maalox

Reactions: eremito
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Look at the ppeh under the sticky thread of the suicide discussion page. It isnt a recommended med to take from what I recall

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
I planned on using milk of magnesia but idk. I may use famotidine instead. Haven't decided.

• Informative
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
I planned on using milk of magnesia but idk. I may use famotidine instead. Haven't decided.
Me neither. I got both lol. 20mg pack of Famotidine and 250ml of Maalox suspension. Who the fuck knows...

E

eremito

Student
Sep 18, 2019
Read the ppeh under sticky threads at top of suicidal discussion page, it is best to follow the guide on SN. I wouldnt recommend using maalox
I believe that this is the best idea to stick to the standard formulas. Sure, we all have different bodies but nobody can exactly predict the interactions between drugs. Maalox may provoke different consequences, ones which may reduce the efficiency of the major substance (SN)
Close Friend of Camus, be safe and cautious. I would say that this may be not the best moment now to match different drugs of unknown interactions

Reactions: houseofleaves