• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

h.s.p.

h.s.p.

Slide your knife in and out of my life
Dec 8, 2023
Magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia) is one of the main ingredients in products such as Maalox and Mylanta. It is an antacid.
I've been taking Maalox quite frequently and am considering using it in the SN protocol.
The Maalox brand includes different products with slightly different purposes, what I'm referring to is the "standard" Maalox, which is Magnesium hydroxide + Aluminium hydroxide.

I've been checking the interactions and there are quite a lot, so I'm posting the ones which are most likely to be of interest for the community.
I'm also attaching the leaflet which includes full information as well as all the known interactions.
The leaflet refers to Maalox Plus Suspension but the interactions are the same as the "standard" Maalox.
Here we go:

Do not take Maalox if:
  • You have kidney disease / kidney failure
  • You have low levels of phosphate (hypophosphataemia). This is shown up in bloodtests
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Maalox if:
  • You have intestinal problems or constipation
  • You are on a low-phosphorous diet
  • You are suffering from porphyria and are undergoing haemodialysis
Interactions include (but are not limited to):
  • Antipsychotics such as phenothiazine neuroleptics
  • Salicylates including aspirin
  • Medicines used to treat the heart such as digoxin, propranolol, quinidine, metoprolol and atenolol
  • Medicines used to treat cancer such as nilotinib, dasatinib monohydrate
  • Medicines used to treat kidney disorders such as citrates
  • Medicines used to treat pain such as diflunisal and indomethacin
  • Medicines used to treat an underactive thyroid gland such as levothyroxine
  • Medicines used to treat some allergic, inflammatory or abnormal immune reactions such as glucocorticoids
  • Medicines used in dental care such as sodium fluorure
Maalox should not be taken at the same time as other medicines. This is because some medicines may be affected by Maalox or they may affect how well Maalox will work.
As a precaution, staggering the administration times of any orally administered drug and Maalox by at least 2 hours (4 hours for the fluoroquinolones).

As you can see, the list includes heart medications some people use with the SN protocol. Since these drugs' absorption may be influenced by Maalox, the leaflet suggests taking these drugs at least 2 hours before taking Maalox, and this may alter the Stat dose regimen timeline.
I reported this both for informational purposes and for receiving opinions from you. I'm planning to take both antacid and AE and, according to the leaflet, the AE absorption may be reduced by Maalox. Here's what I can do:
  1. Switch to a different AE which hopefully won't interact with Maalox (might not be easy)
  2. Switch to a acid regulator such as cimetidine (again, might not be easy) or a different antacid such as sodium bicarbonate. However, I have some doubts about the effectiveness of sodium bicarbonate, here's my thread about it
  3. Use Maalox with my chosen AE and adjust the Stat dose regimen timeline accordingly
What would you do? Thanks

Attachments

• Maalox leaflet.pdf
    155.1 KB · Views: 0
h.s.p.

h.s.p.

Dec 8, 2023
Any opinion about my question at the end of the original post, please?

Last edited:
R

razahcareca27

Apr 5, 2024
will use it too. besides your question, would like to hear about this antacid with propanolol since OP brought that one info on interaction

h.s.p.

h.s.p.

Dec 8, 2023
would like to hear about this antacid with propanolol since OP brought that one info on interaction
As stated, Since these drugs' absorption may be influenced by Maalox, the leaflet suggests taking these drugs at least 2 hours before taking Maalox.
According to the leaflet, you should take propanolol at least 2 hours before Maalox to avoid delayed or reduced absorption