• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
I think.. instead of CTB. If it ever gets that bad, I'm going to try living as a nomad. ie: as a van-dweller. No idea how it would work - or what about my pets.. but it was just a thought that popped into my head.

Broken Buzz

Broken Buzz

Space Ranger
Apr 30, 2021
In a way, I envy those people who experience a dissociative fugue state and go wandering off into the night, forgetting everything about their former lives, and start afresh. That used to be one of my alternative options along with "running away" which was basically the same thing but without the memory loss.

I have a few friends and friends of friends who have taken up the van life and it's worked out wonderfully for them, they talk about how liberating it feels and how they've reconnected with nature. I suspect that a dog would adapt to such a life quite well, whereas a cat would find the frequent travel and lack of defined territory disorienting.

It's a wonderful thought though, I like the idea of the thrill of the next adventure replacing tormenting thoughts of the past; always moving forward, never back.

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
I really love the idea too. I have a couple birds and a cat - so I'm more worried about the birds lol. But, the idea of just living and not being tied down sounds so freeing. Part of what's making me so depressed is being trapped in this tiny fucking apartment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broken Buzz
Broken Buzz

Broken Buzz

Space Ranger
Apr 30, 2021
I'll confess, when you mentioned birds the first image that popped into my mind was a mysterious shadowy figure driving a funky van with a huge glass aviary atop the roof, filled with fluttering birds; half mad, half beautiful :ahhha:

Although I don't drive, I experienced something similar a couple of years ago when I shot a documentary. We were doing interviews all over the country and so my life for about six months consisted of spending a night or two in a house (or hotel, hut, or tent), meeting new people and having a good laugh, then just moving on to the next place. It was surprisingly liberating and I met some truly wonderful people I'd never have encountered in any other context.

I can completely relate to the apartment thing. When I got back it was a novelty at first to be among my home comforts, but the 'prison' walls soon closed in again and I felt as though I was suffocating. It's good to have your own place to call home, but I think it's definitely healthy to get out of there from time to time and not feel as though there's an invisible bungee cord constantly pulling you back in...

• Love
Reactions: Cherry Crumpet