• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I really want to live but the ctb urges are bad. But right now in my head I think what's even the point of anything. I don't matter, and I'm just a tiny organism on a gigantic planet in a gigantic universe and it feels really hard knowing that. I don't know. I want to live so badly but my perception of reality is also very distorted because of mental illness

Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
There are no reasons for living that are generic and applicable to everyone. Find meaning in your life and your suffering or else nothing will have purpose. Holding on to an uncertain future where I overcome my misery is what keeps me alive. In a few years I will know whether I am mistaken or extremely lucid.
I really want to live but the ctb urges are bad. But right now in my head I think what's even the point of anything. I don't matter, and I'm just a tiny organism on a gigantic planet in a gigantic universe and it feels really hard knowing that. I don't know. I want to live so badly but my perception of reality is also very distorted because of mental illness
There are meta-analytic arguments that can favor your self-esteem. (1) You are unique and eccentric, there never was and never will be anyone exactly like you; (2) Your body is made up of an endless micro-universe, there is much more contained within it than meets the eye; (3) The totality of the "true self" is in the translation of time, in the progressive transformations throughout life.

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
i cant give you a specific reason for you. for me personally its my bf. ive chosen living for him over giving myself eternal relief.
but i can tell you sometimes you cant look at everything. sometimes you have to hone in on yourself. youre writing your story, not the universe's. maybe appreciate living with the stars instead of feeling like you have to be as big as one of them. even microscopic organisms have their place 🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
My reasons:
  • Anime
  • Music
  • Video games
  • Chocolates
  • Ice cream
  • Cake
  • Sunrise
  • Flowers
  • Trees
  • Birds chirping
  • Sound of rain
  • Smell of rain
  • Cloudy skies
  • Cold weather
  • Nights
  • Stargazing
  • Memes

soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
i cant give you a specific reason for you. for me personally its my bf. ive chosen living for him over giving myself eternal relief.
but i can tell you sometimes you cant look at everything. sometimes you have to hone in on yourself. youre writing your story, not the universe's. maybe appreciate living with the stars instead of feeling like you have to be as big as one of them. even microscopic organisms have their place 🫂
I love this thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️
My reasons:
  • Anime
  • Music
  • Video games
  • Chocolates
  • Ice cream
  • Cake
  • Sunrise
  • Flowers
  • Trees
  • Birds chirping
  • Sound of rain
  • Smell of rain
  • Cloudy skies
  • Cold weather
  • Nights
  • Stargazing
  • Memes
I love all of those things too 🖤(except for cold weather)

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
One thing I like is to be able to dream about various life possibilities or fantasies. Whenever I read or watch a story, sometimes I like to daydream what my life would be like if I lived in their world. I also like to try to envision what a brighter realistic future would look like for myself if everything went well. I like to dream about the possibilities of what my life may have looked like if I tried going in this or that direction. I guess dreaming is one way I keep a grip on hope for a better future.

• Love
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
You will die relatively soon no matter what if you do nothing.
I don't matter, and I'm just a tiny organism on a gigantic planet in a gigantic universe and it feels really hard knowing that.
You may be insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but there are people who need help who you can help to feel better right now. If you can find meaning in helping someone in need, it may help. I've tutored a few children on and off before but the most memorable was briefly tutoring a refugee from syria who had a giant burn mark on his face and arms. He was like 6, had trouble with understanding english, and he was falling way behind the class on math. The regular teacher had like 30 students and didn't have time for him. I remember it sometimes because he couldn't focus on his work and acted just like I used to when I was in first grade.

I was mentally ill and losing my eyesight but he didn't care, because if I wasn't there at that specific time no one would have been.

• Hugs
soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
You will die relatively soon no matter what if you do nothing.

You may be insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but there are people who need help who you can help to feel better right now. If you can find meaning in helping someone in need, it may help. I've tutored a few children on and off before but the most memorable was briefly tutoring a refugee from syria who had a giant burn mark on his face and arms. He was like 6, had trouble with understanding english, and he was falling way behind the class on math. The regular teacher had like 30 students and didn't have time for him. I remember it sometimes because he couldn't focus on his work and acted just like I used to when I was in first grade.

I was mentally ill and losing my eyesight but he didn't care, because if I wasn't there at that specific time no one would have been.
That is so damn heartwarming to read ❤️ he was very lucky to have you. That's definitely the kind of thing I want to do, I love helping people have a better life

• Love
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I suspect you're asking this question as you still believe you have reasons to live; and that's ok as everyone needs to be validated sometimes. You do matter.

What's one thing that if you lost it tomorrow would push you closer to CTB? Those are the things that you need to hold on to and nourish, as they're clearly meaningful to you. It doesn't have to be big, just a little anchor that you can hold onto until a bigger one comes along.

• Love
Softwind

Softwind

May 22, 2023
You could use this mentality of being "insignificant to the universe" to your advantage. If you really are meaningless, it means the mistakes and choices you do won't matter as much. So try to just enjoy life and don't restrict yourself.

• Love
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I wish there was an easy universal answer to this question, but if there was, you'd probably see it on posters and advertisements around the world.

There is no moral answer to why we matter "physically". However, we're already here. We're small and will probably never even leave the planet in our lifetime. As cliché as it sounds, and I know some people may not like this, but this is the only life we're guaranteed, so if we don't matter in the universe, what is to stop us from having fun here while it lasts?

Each person's reason to live is unique to them. There are some things people love in mass such as family holidays, or a media series getting renewed for a new season. Maybe if you have a job your next payday is coming or a raise is possibly soon.

For me, it's videogames, the rare IRL visits from friends, and looking forward to the day I can say I can accept and move on from the trauma I endured in my life.

I wish I can say something better then this. I wish you the best in this world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
I wish there was an easy universal answer to this question, but if there was, you'd probably see it on posters and advertisements around the world.

There is no moral answer to why we matter "physically". However, we're already here. We're small and will probably never even leave the planet in our lifetime. As cliché as it sounds, and I know some people may not like this, but this is the only life we're guaranteed, so if we don't matter in the universe, what is to stop us from having fun here while it lasts?

Each person's reason to live is unique to them. There are some things people love in mass such as family holidays, or a media series getting renewed for a new season. Maybe if you have a job your next payday is coming or a raise is possibly soon.

For me, it's videogames, the rare IRL visits from friends, and looking forward to the day I can say I can accept and move on from the trauma I endured in my life.

I wish I can say something better then this. I wish you the best in this world.
Thank you very much for your reply 🖤 You definitely helped, those are very true & important things to keep in mind imo ❤️ to me you don't sound too pro-life at all haha, I feel like thinking positive/talking about recovery doesn't equal pro-life. Only if you invalidate suicide and people's right to die it would be pro-life. I wish you the best in this world as well!! thank you again ♡♡♡♡

• Love
Reactions: HereTomorrow
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
A good reason to live is that there are no good reasons to live, that in itself is a good reason to live. It's pretty straightforward and sounds dumb when I say it out loud, and it doesn't particularly keep me going everyday. Like many things in life, I thought and thought about it to death, until the question just didn't make sense to me at the end. The reason to live shows itself as I live, when I start thinking about it, it disappears. Like how in quantum mechanics (a completely unrelated matter), you can visualise the position of an electron, but when you do, you can't visualise its momentum. When you visualise it's momentum, you can't visualise it's position. It's sort of like that, when I start making sense about literally anything, it makes no sense. When I understand that and stop making sense of it, then it makes sense. Nothing makes sense, that makes sense.
So I guess a good reason to live is, is that there are no good reasons. If there is a good reason, it would show itself, there is no relationship between that reason and me living life, I live despite there being no good reason, and that's my good reason😅

Its like that little moniker you have under your name,
"Everyone has an individual reality"
That's very true, I can go on a rant about that as well.

Last edited: