• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
Do you ever wish for bad things to happen to you?

Often I will be laying in bed thinking, daydreaming, and a scenario pops into my head. Something horrible. My mom's back surgery is botched and she dies on the operating table. I get cancer from my coworkers secondhand smoke. Me and my friend are walking at night and we get mugged. she is shot and killed in front of me. I mess up some maintinance at my work really bad and get fired.

I have these thoughts and they put a smile on my face... It is completely instinctual, they just make me feel happy.. warm.

I want these things to happen, and I don't really know why. I have the desire for some terrible tragedy to befall me or someone I care about. It sickens me to think about. I am not an overly sympathetic person in general, but the idea of wishing for something bad to happen to someone I love makes me feel horrible, but it is the truth.

Is it because I secretly believe I deserve it? I am not ususally prone to such illogical thoughts. I see no reason that I would "deserve" bad things to happen to me.

Is it mental self-harm? I have never cut myself or anything like that, and I dont know what pushes people to do things like that. is it completely without reason? if so, wishing mental anguish upon myself without reason could be a form of self-harm, right?

Maybe it is a way to justify my suicidal ideation. I have felt suicidal for a while now, though i feel like, on most accounts, I dont have a very strong reason for it. I have a good life. If i told my friends that I was suicidal, they would be completely shocked, I guarantee it. perhaps though, if some horrible life-altering tragedy were to happen, it would push me even deeper into depression, and I would feel that my suicidal thoughts were more justified, more correct. people would be less suprised to hear about it. A tragedy could be a springboard to push me to CTB when I would be to cowardly to do otherwise.

If this is the case, it is completely subconcious.

Last week, I tried smoking cigarettes for the first time (I like the flavor but I dont really get the hype). If anybody found out, there would be severe consequences. pretty much everybody I know would look down on me for it. even so, I took pictures of myself doing it. theyre still in my camera roll now. I didnt really know why I did that at the time, but now I know. I took those pictures to create a possibility for tragedy to befall me, didnt I. I took them with the hope that by some fluke, somebody would discover those pictures and I would be fucked. maybe i would even develope an addiction, or worse yet, cancer. I can only admit, the idea of such a thing excites me. I find myself wondering how else I could set myself up for disaster.

Has anybody else ever experienced such a strange urge?

[Edit] Another Idea - I often put on a brave face when it comes to the things that make me feel pain. it can be tiring, but I think that by keeping my suffering in check, I can help the people around me some way. It could be that this urge is a subconcious desire to drop the "tough guy" act. If something so horrible happened to me that there was no way I could hide my sadness, There would be no need for the mask anymore... its worth thinking about.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I don't. I'm suffering more than enough already, why would I want more bad things to happen to me? I want to be dead so that I avoid any bad things from happening to me in the future such as being forced to wage slave. I don't hate myself and I want peace for myself... I don't want anything that would inflict more pain on to me

Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
I only wish for death to happen to me

I always dream of being struck by lightning, or hit by a truck or something like that
Longing for an accidental death is definitely common for me too, though the feeling I am talking about is different. its not the desire to die, but more the desire to suffer, to anguish over some tragic event.
No, I don't. I'm suffering more than enough already, why would I want more bad things to happen to me? I want to be dead so that I avoid any bad things from happening to me in the future such as being forced to wage slave. I don't hate myself and I want peace for myself... I don't want anything that would inflict more pain on to me
as strange as it is, logically, I completely agree. I want to be at peace, I want to find a way to be happy with life, but for some reason, this urge exists regardless at the base of my soul, leagues beneath what I can control or even understand.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I never wished for bad things to happen to me. However more or less bad things happened to me and made me suicidal in the end.

Sometimes I wish to die while I'm asleep - naturally - but that's not wishing for sth bad!

Reactions: marchshift
heisenberg

heisenberg

pile of skin and bones
May 18, 2020
i have the same thoughts. they started when i was younger and me thinking i wish i could break my leg or arm and have escalated as i've gotten older. i think about more severe things happening to myself or others now.

Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
i have the same thoughts. they started when i was younger and me thinking i wish i could break my leg or arm and have escalated as i've gotten older. i think about more severe things happening to myself or others now.
Do you have any Idea why you think these things?
Honestly? I often downplay my suffering or what has happened to me, so sometimes I almost wish that worse things happened to me just so I could justify how I feel.
yeah that makes sense. that kinda lines up with one of the theories i had in my post about justifying the way I feel. maybe it is because I too downplay my suffering. maybe I am tired of acting like I am okay, and I want something to force me to drop the charade

xinino

xinino

Shackled
Mar 31, 2024
Yes, I am experiencing morbid fantasies, all kinds of stuff you can imagine. I don't want to elaborate more because I don't want to be double-banned. Also, there is a logical explanation; these thoughts are seductive but irrational.
This is the best explanation I found.
"Nick Land's "The Thirst for Annihilation" explores the concept of a human inclination towards chaos and dissolution, as reflected in Georges Bataille's philosophy. The book suggests that there is a deep-seated impulse in humans to escape the constraints of modernity and rationality, which can manifest as a desire for annihilation This is not necessarily a literal longing for destruction but can be understood as a yearning for a state beyond the limits of the self and the social order. Land's work is a complex examination of these themes, engaging with Bataille's ideas on a profound level"

alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
Yes. Maybe I want others to pity me, or maybe I want an excuse to feel like this. At this point I just hurt with no reason for it. I have become chronically depressed, or maybe I've always been. My life is not that bad from the outside, but I feel sad and there is a pain in my heart that does not go away. My dream is to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ociv
Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
Yes, I am experiencing morbid fantasies, all kinds of stuff you can imagine. I don't want to elaborate more because I don't want to be double-banned. Also, there is a logical explanation; these thoughts are seductive but irrational.
This is the best explanation I found.
"Nick Land's "The Thirst for Annihilation" explores the concept of a human inclination towards chaos and dissolution, as reflected in Georges Bataille's philosophy. The book suggests that there is a deep-seated impulse in humans to escape the constraints of modernity and rationality, which can manifest as a desire for annihilation This is not necessarily a literal longing for destruction but can be understood as a yearning for a state beyond the limits of the self and the social order. Land's work is a complex examination of these themes, engaging with Bataille's ideas on a profound level"
that actually sounds kind of convincing. Maybe Ill look into that book

heisenberg

heisenberg

pile of skin and bones
May 18, 2020
Do you have any Idea why you think these things?
i think when i was younger i thought about it so people would give me the attention i didn't get from my parents, i just wanted to feel cared for. this is somewhat the same reason now, but i also think it's a form of distraction or even mental self harm now. when i think of an incredibly anxious/depressing/embarassing/etc situations or situations that i know are going to be any of the above, i think of myself or others in extremely cruel scenarios as a way to avoid those feelings.

• Informative
Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
i think when i was younger i thought about it so people would give me the attention i didn't get from my parents, i just wanted to feel cared for. this is somewhat the same reason now, but i also think it's a form of distraction or even mental self harm now. when i think of an incredibly anxious/depressing/embarassing/etc situations or situations that i know are going to be any of the above, i think of myself or others in extremely cruel scenarios as a way to avoid those feelings.
I could be doing something similar and not realizing it, but I dont really find myself craving attention or the feeling of being cared for. though what you describe does sound a little similar to something I used to do a while back. When I first started getting really depressed and suicidal, I would try really hard to banish any uncomfortable thoughts from my head. I would usually do this by imagining something extremely painful. Physically, like being stabbed or shot, or emotionally like having a friend or family member die. I remember my friends being confused when they saw me staring off into the distance then suddenly flinching like i got stabbed lol.

voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
My old therapist once explained to me that thoughts can count as self harm as well. I had different but similar thoughts myself before.

• Informative
Reactions: Meteora and Ociv
LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
Constantly. I'm no pain fanatic or masochist but I often daydream of any horrid torture ending my sinful and picayune life - It's what I deserve deep down

M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
I always wish for my death to come everyday! I don't wish harm, pain, suffering or death or anyone else. I think once you start wanting to see harm and suffering towards others have crossed a line that psychiatrist would love to table you with a fancy name. I just want to go in peace and I agree with you on that part.

Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
I always wish for my death to come everyday! I don't wish harm, pain, suffering or death or anyone else. I think once you start wanting to see harm and suffering towards others have crossed a line that psychiatrist would love to table you with a fancy name. I just want to go in peace and I agree with you on that part.
What I'm feeling is certainly different. The urge I'm describing is not to die, but to suffer.
Constantly. I'm no pain fanatic or masochist but I often daydream of any horrid torture ending my sinful and picayune life - It's what I deserve deep down
Same here. It seems like what I'm experiencing is different from the usual longing for death, as what I'm feeling is a strange longing for tragedies in life

M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
What I'm feeling is certainly different. The urge I'm describing is not to die, but to suffer.
Do you want to suffer to feel pain? Like do you want to feel something? Are you completely numb? I'm trying to understand

Reactions: Meteora
Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
Do you want to suffer to feel pain? Like do you want to feel something? Are you completely numb? I'm trying to understand
No, not nessicarily physical pain. A better word would be hardship. Mental pain. And I don't think simply "wanting to feel something" is it either. I already have bad things happen to me that make me feel plenty depressed, so there's no lack of "feeling something" in my life.

M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
No, not nessicarily physical pain. A better word would be hardship. Mental pain. And I don't think simply "wanting to feel something" is it either. I already have bad things happen to me that make me feel plenty depressed, so there's no lack of "feeling something" in my life.
I'm sorry I don't understand

Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I don't wish bad things to happen to me but it happens and I don't have any control over it.

xinino

xinino

Shackled
Mar 31, 2024
I believe I have the same urge as him. I guess it embodies a soldier who fights for his country and who experiences suffering with resilience and resoluteness with adrenaline rush, "which explain the ecstasy feeling that skims the boredom.". He can also indulge in a sense of power and control to some degree because he fully exhibits himself without social constraints, but we, on the other hand, don't have causes that enable us to express such tendencies.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
i definitely dont. all my life has been nothing but abuse and misfortune that Im so sick of it, I'm sick of living. The only bad thing I want to happen to me now is some accident to kill me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Meteora and xinino
M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
I believe I have the same urge as him. I guess it embodies a soldier who fights for his country and who experiences suffering with resilience and resoluteness with adrenaline rush, "which explain the ecstasy feeling that skims the boredom.". He can also indulge in a sense of power and control to some degree because he fully exhibits himself without social constraints, but we, on the other hand, don't have causes that enable us to express such tendencies.
I hope yall thoughts don't turn into a reality, they seem pretty dark. But I'm in no position to judge.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, in my case I'm the opposite, I don't want to suffer in this repulsive, evil world where there is endless potential and harm and cruelty. In my case I don't wish to be conscious and aware, I don't want to experience anything at all, instead I only wish to permanently cease existing, I just wish for this existence to be forgotten about. Human existence is an abomination to me and I find it disturbing how there's no limit as to how torturous existing can get, existence truly is so undesirable to me and more than anything I wish I never existed at all.

Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
I'm sorry I can't explain it better. It's a very obscure feeling that I don't even understand myself. All I can call it is a longing for misfortune. I don't really know why I feel this way. There is no logic to it. At least none that I can figure out.
That's definitely a pretty romanticized way to put it, but that could very well be an accurate description. Maybe I am like a soldier, longing for an enemy to fight against. Like an adrenaline junkie looking for the next thing to stimulate his fight or flight response.

M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
I wish that I would just suddenly die all of the time.

Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
Yes, sometimes I wish misfortunes would happen to me for burial or trigger me to CTB ( There are indeed many misfortunes, but I hope that some of them will drive me to commit suicide so that I can overcome the survival instinct)

Last edited:
  • Informative