• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Maybe a race to nowhere, still hope that I win
Aug 20, 2023
I know I've seen a lot of threads about people getting jobs and feeling better, but I want to add my spin on it.

I interviewed for a position at a cemetery this week, and though I don't know for sure I'll get the job, I feel really good about it and think I'll get it. It's for a family counselor position, so I'll be selling plots of land, headstones, and crypts, while assisting visitors who come to visit loved ones. It's a sales job, but in a much nicer environment than my last one.

Truthfully, I don't know if I'd be able to handle a job where I have to comfort grieving families while making a sale to them if I had spent the last month or so on here, read threads about people passing away, CTB, or just other discussions about the end of life. I feel in particular, thinking about ending my own life has helped, so I think that I will be able to excel at this job and help people find peace.

Also, I get to dress like I work at cemetery and walk around the grounds on a daily basis, which owns

Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Im glad you were able to find a job you like, even though you have to comfort grieving families that can be a little bit tough to do
I wish you all the best :)

Reactions: Foreverix
Mad World

Mad World

Here comes autumn.
Sep 22, 2023
Sounds like a great opportunity! It definitely sounds likes tough position to fulfill, but someone needs to do it & I am sure you will provide a lot for those who need peace.
Hopefully you hear back from them soon.

A

anaximandro

Sep 28, 2023
Probably you are gonna be great at your job. It doesnt matter if you are selling stuff to them, everybody knows how capitalism works, also people in pain. The point is you know about grief and pain, and you can be a great sales guy while you sincerely connect with your customers situations and give them some kind of peace or relief. And that sounds like something real to live for.

Sry for my bad english, hope you understand.

Thanks!

flowers in the mist

flowers in the mist

dances with demons
Aug 19, 2023
I hope you'll land the job and it works out for you! :hug:

Reactions: Foreverix
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I know I've seen a lot of threads about people getting jobs and feeling better, but I want to add my spin on it.

I interviewed for a position at a cemetery this week, and though I don't know for sure I'll get the job, I feel really good about it and think I'll get it. It's for a family counselor position, so I'll be selling plots of land, headstones, and crypts, while assisting visitors who come to visit loved ones. It's a sales job, but in a much nicer environment than my last one.

Truthfully, I don't know if I'd be able to handle a job where I have to comfort grieving families while making a sale to them if I had spent the last month or so on here, read threads about people passing away, CTB, or just other discussions about the end of life. I feel in particular, thinking about ending my own life has helped, so I think that I will be able to excel at this job and help people find peace.

Also, I get to dress like I work at cemetery and walk around the grounds on a daily basis, which owns
I hope you get it! It may be overwhelming, but I think having a person who is very sensitive and empathetic towards death would be the best fit. Plus, you're helping people! I've never found cemeteries to be macabre, rather they're really peaceful. Kudos to you! You'll do great 👍

backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
Hope you get it!! this sounds like something that is both fulfilling and helpful to those in that tough situation, having someone empathetic towards these sorts of things would surely be a positive thing <3

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Good luck, OP. This sounds like a great opportunity.

Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
I really hope you get it!!!