• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Nobody can answer these questions... For me it's not possible, psychiatric drugs are rather positive, and therapy doesn't work. In order.
Of course they can tell you what to do but you're the only one who decides the path you should take.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I see both a psychiatrist and a therapist, the meds I'm taking make me less suicidal and more calm, but I take it by day, because with depression that's how I deal with. But still i have very dark days but less now, hope you get seen by one to see if it works dor you.But attention our bodies are different, what make work for me could not have the same effect on you. So go with an open minded, and be honest to the doctor if you decide to go. A big hug.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Drugs can be helpful or harmful and therapy can be helpful or harmful. Sometimes it can be difficult to even experiment to see what works for you if you are ambivalent in general. You may have to discover what you want to build on at the core.

For some people what they enjoy (books, movies, food, etc) can be expanded upon. For others, the people they know and that love them becomes the center of their lives. Still others see what they have to give or help others is at the foundation of their lives.

Having an idea of what you value at the core becomes key in seeing depression as that which needs to be navigated around rather than something that is all pervasive. This change of perspective can help manage depression.

Reactions: Miss_Takes
Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

3 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
Yes, for me it took drugs, and guinea pig. also MAJOR restructureing of my life. Since I'm recovered, I don't like to visit this site much because it bums me out (I assume same for others). Check my post history for more details

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
It goes like this: to recover, you must make a change in your life. To make a change in your life, you need resources. Emotional resources. Social resources. Financial resources. You need an ambition for the future, allies to support you in your struggles, and money to pay for improved life conditions.

If you have resources, then recovery is possible. If you don't have resources, then no, recovery is not possible. Or at least sufficiently unlikely that death becomes an attractive alternative.

Pretty vaguely worded, but if you try to envision what I'm saying, you'll get what I mean.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Absolutely, I believe that it's possible for most people to recover. However, recovery is an ongoing process of trial and error, I've found.

You must experiment with different treatment options in order to nail down the pathway to recovery that best suits you. What works for one person may not work for you, and what works for a while may suddenly, without warning, stop working.

The key is to be patient with the process and with yourself, and to be adaptive and willing to experiment with different strategies until you configure what best works.

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery :heart: