• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
I've never tried drugs, smoke, or drink. It seems it is very common for people with depression do these things. Are drugs helpful with depression or anxiety? Should I try drugs, smoke, or drink? Does it help make you feel better?

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
No, it just adds fuel to the fire. I wouldn't start smoking or drinking or drugging unless you want to end up broke, alone, disheveled, and die a slow death from liver disease or lung cancer or in a porta potty with a needle in your arm.

If you can manage to drink or drug responsibly, by all means, but I wouldn't start, especially in the midst of depression since the likelihood of addiction is that much higher.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Ofcourse it makes you feel better, otherwise no one would do it. Although with pot (pretty much only drug I take) your experience may vary, cause pot can intensify anxiety too. Addiction potential, especially with drugs suuch as opiates, is there too.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
To anyone who already takes drugs I say do exactly as you please, I am no person to be a judge of anyone else on anything and I wouldn't choose to be.

However to someone who has not started I would say don't. At the very least you'll find yourself broke.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
I've never tried drugs, smoke, or drink. It seems it is very common for people with depression do these things. Are drugs helpful with depression or anxiety? Should I try drugs, smoke, or drink? Does it help make you feel better?
No I used to be the same I would recommend trying your best to stay away from that sort of thing , but I don't know what your situation or story is but drugs will fuck up your life.

Edit: the drugs I tried is alcohol, crack, cocaine, weed, cigarettes, Benadryl for my first suicide attempt alcohol and past problems and me walking around talking to myself (I don't hear voices it is just something I do think out loud), vaping to help quit smoking then tried cigars which is something I always wanted to try only have two cigars left probably won't buy anymore.

Last edited:
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
It's the only thing going for me that's affordable and reliable to numb the pain. Different strokes for different folks my friend, but I wouldn't get into the habit cause like finding answers down a bottle you'll end up forgetting the question meaning you'll always come crashing down from a high or a buzz and be back to square one.

Last edited:
C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
It's the only thing going for me that's affordable and reliable to numb the pain. Different strokes for different folks my friend, but I wouldn't get into the habit cause like finding answers down a bottle you'll end up forgetting the question meaning you'll always come crashing down from a high or a buzz and be back to square one.
Right now I am sticking to vaping it more or less help me quit smoking although I did buy four cigars because I know I always wanted to try them but I don't plan on buying them as much as cigs back then yeah I can handle one cigarette but I am trying to stay away from them more or less unless someone offers me it.

Last edited:
Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
I agree with the others, don't start. Alcohol is one of the worst things you can do when depressed (I should know). Smoking may help with anxiety, but the price (literally and figuratively) is not worth it. Same for drugs, though I don't really have experience.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
I agree with the others, don't start. Alcohol is one of the worst things you can do when depressed (I should know). Smoking may help with anxiety, but the price (literally and figuratively) is not worth it. Same for drugs, though I don't really have experience.
I more or less will stick to Cymbalta/duloxentine and vaping and meditation I don't think I will try another suicide attempt or CTB my partner more or less states that he will stay for his kid and I more or less will stay for family and friends sake despite the fact suicidal thoughts will always stay with me even with talking to a therapist.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018

LSD, mushrooms, other hallucinogens have proven remarkable at getting people out of depression in one use. FDA is investigating mushrooms in fact.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
The last thing you want is even more shit. Do yourself a favor and don't start with drugs.
I'm addicted to cigarettes. CIGARETTES!
Nicotine is like the lowest level thing to be addicted to, and yet here I am, unable to quit.
Drinking could be nice, but that comes with the assumption you can keep a good control on it. We're here because our life is shit. It'll make you feel good for a couple of hours and then comes the hangover. Then you'll probably think "hey, these were a good couple of hours, I should do it again!"
And you will. Really fast. Then you'll develop tolerance - you'll need two beers instead of one to get the same feeling. Then four. Eight. And then you die of liver failure because you will need more alcohol than you can ingest to feel the same way each time. Not worth it if you can't hold yourself.
That is the worst scenario, of course, I don't know whether or not you can keep yourself stable.
Probably shouldn't try, though. The numbers aren't pretty.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
LSD, mushrooms, other hallucinogens have proven remarkable at getting people out of depression in one use. FDA is investigating mushrooms in fact.
I never tried LSD or shrooms because some of those drugs are different for everyone depends on genetics and all I know alcohol is the most dangerous drug for me when you drink as much as I was and had a mental breakdown not in the sense of panic attack but more or less due to the breaking point due to someone else having to call me oh he's mentally, really mentally ill that was the first time I ever felt so bad where I rationalized fuck my life but truth be told I can't go back to that first time for everything I still think about suicide knowing full well I probably won't do it since I will try to live I'll still check in on this site if I change my mind.

Some drugs and medications have the same molecular chemical compound also have some of the same side effects and withdrawals and discontinuation symptoms just the big pharma just monopolized on them and they are more or less synthetic versions of them.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
The last thing you want is even more shit. Do yourself a favor and don't start with drugs.
I'm addicted to cigarettes. CIGARETTES!
Nicotine is like the lowest level thing to be addicted to, and yet here I am, unable to quit.
Drinking could be nice, but that comes with the assumption you can keep a good control on it. We're here because our life is shit. It'll make you feel good for a couple of hours and then comes the hangover. Then you'll probably think "hey, these were a good couple of hours, I should do it again!"
And you will. Really fast. Then you'll develop tolerance - you'll need two beers instead of one to get the same feeling. Then four. Eight. And then you die of liver failure because you will need more alcohol than you can ingest to feel the same way each time. Not worth it if you can't hold yourself.
That is the worst scenario, of course, I don't know whether or not you can keep yourself stable.
Probably shouldn't try, though. The numbers aren't pretty.
I used vaping to quit smoking more or less except for the two remaining cigars I have because I alsways wanted to try it but for cigs I can handle one cigarette but don't really buy them anymore sure I traded one addiction for another but it is less costly in terms of health more or less but most costly in economics. I am trying my best to stay away from alcohol on my own I dropped out of the rehab education treatment it did help and I learned a lot from it but I felt like I was wasting my time and everyone else's time.

A

Anima

Student
Dec 5, 2018

Can only speak for myself, but alcohol simply amplifies the mood I am in in that very moment. Bad mood= even worse place to be in at that moment. So I avoid it.
It's really cool that you've never tried these things! I personally wouldn't recommend starting now as it might make life even worse for you.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Dec 30, 2018
Can only speak for myself, but alcohol simply amplifies the mood I am in in that very moment. Bad mood= even worse place to be in at that moment. So I avoid it.
It's really cool that you've never tried these things! I personally wouldn't recommend starting now as it might make life even worse for you.
Agreed alcohol and Benadryl is what landed me in a psych ward and looney bin so don't fuck around with it otherwise you need to be very strict in moderation trust us drugs may help but at what cost? I am trying to stay away from alcohol since everyone knows including myself it'll be the death of me now vaping I won't quit personally that is just me until I need to quit.

W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018

You could explore different types of tea or coffee if you haven't done so already? They boost your mood and subtly change the way you feel. Having 2-3 cups of tea in a row is one of my favourite "mind altering" activities.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think a lot depends on your upbringing - if you were regularly exposed to certain things at a younger age, you're more likely to partake.

Growing up, my entire family smoked so looking back, it seems inevitable that I picked up my first cigarette at 13. They were also pretty heavy drinkers so I was already getting smashed in the late 90's, along with my older brother and sister. We'd also do a little coke once in a while, but I haven't done that for years now.

As such there's nothing wrong with experimenting a little, but if you don't feel the urge I wouldn't do unnecessary harm to yourself. If you can find healthier ways to cope then that's always preferable.

Dor

Dor

SS village idiot
Nov 22, 2018
I abused speed for a while, took INSANE amounts, bizarrely enough I developed reverse tolerance, the smallest amount would be too much and make me sick so I quit it :/

Even years after it I tried cocaine, just made me feeling sick with no high whatsoever, in fact it made me dysphoric. I seemed to have developed lifelong reverse tolerance to uppers, almost to the point of being allergic to them.

Downers still do it for me though but I rarely take them recreationally. In fact after becoming allergic to uppers I seemed to have developed a very reasonable relationship with recreational drugs only using them once or twice per year at most, that includes alcohol.

But boy did I have fun abusing speed.

Last edited:
locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
Depends on what you mean by "help," really. You can take enough of <pick your poison> and you can run a marathon on a broken leg. You can run, and even feel good doing it, but at the end, when the stuff wears off, you'll feel worse than you did before. Just in case there's a "you don't know what you're talking about" comment incoming, I was a miserable lawyer for 10 years, and I tried my best to embody every cliche in the book. Cocaine, benzos, pain-killers, a pack and a half of Camels - anything to make it through the day doing something that made me miserable. At the end of the day, I had still done all the things. I just killed the pain instead of making a meaningful change. Focus on the root of the problem, don't go shopping for band-aids.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I didn't really start any drugs till I was into my 20's and got away from my mothers home. Life starts to become increasingly complicated as u get older and you start discovering that drugs can really help. Unfortunately you become dependent and never deal with problems. Things get worse and worse till u are ready to ctb.

sif

sif

You deserve love
Dec 28, 2018
Ofcourse it makes you feel better, otherwise no one would do it. Although with pot (pretty much only drug I take) your experience may vary, cause pot can intensify anxiety too. Addiction potential, especially with drugs suuch as opiates, is there too.
It's good of you to point out what pot is like I see most pot smokers try to lie to themselves about that a little bit just to make it seem better

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Good for you, DeafSn0w! I'd say that's a huge victory! Please don't start down that road. Forgetting about the damage those substances do to your body and mind, they wreak havoc on your personal relationships. If I hadn't drank and used Clonipin so freely, my ex bf would still be by my side. Count your abstinence as a big win for you!