• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
I was briefly dependent on adeictive drugs which I got treatment for and almost became addicted to other substances as well but stopped just in time. I don't wanna be trapped in addictions to where I need to seek help again from judgmental people, lose my freedom or slowly damage my organs. It's horrific to be addicted.

But I am afraid I might be tempted to try drugs again.

Anyone, please give me a few tips on what to think in moments where I may be tempted to do drugs when I have increased sadness, anger and/or anxiety.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
For alcohol Antabus can be a great tool and if you´re the type than can´t ressist other drugs while drunk then by using Antabus you can prevent using other drugs. Some people also feel that AA or NA meetings help them

Also this might not be for you but the times where I bodybuild I get fully consumed by that lifestyle that I don´t wanna drink or do drugs.

• Informative
Reactions: KillingPain267
4_science

4_science

Apr 12, 2024
Anyone, please give me a few tips on what to think in moments where I may be tempted to do drugs when I have increased sadness, anger and/or anxiety.
Cant give you tips for that because I don´t know what you like to do instead. Maybe you do.
It helps to know what makes you feel like that and why. You could address that and then find healthier ways of coping and activities to do instead of thinking about drugs. Some people seek distraction or company, others will listen to music to cheer them up or watch a movie to get out of the downward spiral of negative emotions. There is no one fits all.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
write down why youre doing this. refer to it.
(if you dont believe in 'god', as i don't) you can remind yourself that you're your 'higher power'. believe in yourself
put off time. "just another 30mins" "just another hour" "i can go a bit longer"

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Sorry I know this probably isint answering your question very well at all haha. But I thought I would put it here in case it can help someone. I read a webtoon recently that centered around human addiction called Nina's magic chest. Idk if you like comics or webtoons but I recommend checking it out if you do ^^ In the author's note it had some words that I find really insightful about addiction, maybe they could help:

" "Addiction can be overcome with an individual's strong determination" is not the moral of this story.

I don't think it's an effective way to overcome addiction.

The message I want to send through this story is that solving a problem should not rest on the willpower of one person, but rather should be approached by creating a situation that forces people to be in control.

We should recognize that willpower is finite.

And for most people, it does not last for long. Rather than painstakingly trying to maintain the same level of initial determination until the end, it is better to create a situation in which people can do nothing but achieve their intended goal whenever they find any willpower return to them.

The ultimate message of this story is about recognizing one's own reality and setting a sound goal.

And that in order to make progress toward that goal in reality, a system that leaves no choice but to move forward is needed in addition to one's determination"

I'm still trying to figure out what situation would force someone to move forward with their goal regarding addiction, but I really agree with some of the words they say. Addiction is a hell of a bitch and I hope you find something that helps you overcome it whenever you're tempted to do drugs, I know that feeling so well 🫂🫂🫂💙

• Informative
Reactions: KillingPain267