plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
This is not intended to debase any specific user or thread. Just something to vent about.
I'm not used to seeing content of blaming or hatred too often here. However recently I do come across some of the threads clustered with words of rage and malice between users, which are made out of bounds for those who seek help or advice under the true topic. I find it hopelessly frustrating.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: kilowatt, lionetta12, sad_rock and 10 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Well, yes and no. Yes because ik what you mean by this post and seen this time and again. Also no because sometimes rage is a motivator of CTB in some cases. That, or sometimes the rage post could have something within it. Sometimes, I post things I hear in my head that comes across as hateful when it's solely directed at myself. There's a calmer musing on here I wrote about anger and how it can be like for myself that many others seem to relate to.

I don't like the harassment either. I hope that's understood. Just note that not all posts here with anger or about the topic of anger are like that. There is a silent minority on that as well.

Reactions: loopdaloop, Kit1, Meditation guide and 2 others
plan c

plan c

My last resort.
Nov 8, 2022
Well, yes and no. Yes because ik what you mean by this post and seen this time and again. Also no because sometimes rage is a motivator of CTB in some cases. That, or sometimes the rage post could have something within it. Sometimes, I post things I hear in my head that comes across as hateful when it's solely directed at myself. There's a calmer musing on here I wrote about anger and how it can be like for myself that many others seem to relate to.

I don't like the harassment either. I hope that's understood. Just note that not all posts here with anger or about the topic of anger are like that. There is a silent minority on that as well.
Maybe I made it ambiguous a little in the wording. That hatred as a part of emotions should be accepted with grace is true, while I suppose it's not very wise to direct said hatred to random strangers ppl come across on this forum. ppl can relate to anger in most cases, but not when they're exposed to offense. I sense the most helplessness when I see two groups attacking each other under a thread that I find helpful.
Maybe I made it ambiguous a little in the wording. That hatred as a part of emotions should be accepted with grace is true, while I suppose it's not very wise to direct said hatred to random strangers ppl come across on this forum. ppl can relate to anger in most cases, but not when they're exposed to offense. I sense the most helplessness when I see two groups attacking each other under a thread that I find helpful.
Frustratingly to me, all other parts of the internet seems to have been full of malice for years. I can't help reading a certain fear for this forum's turning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1, Meditation guide and thewalkingdread
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023

Frustratingly to me, all other parts of the internet seems to have been full of malice for years. I can't help reading a certain fear for this forum's turning.
I can see that and I agree. I honestly found fear, helplessness, and powerlessness when I see the topic of anger brought about in the forum. Amidst all sides, the mental struggle is felt. I honestly think that gatekeeping and oppression olympics to be more or less the bigger part of the issue and the reaction being anger is like a side effect of sorts on several occasions.

Reactions: Kit1 and plan c
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Maybe it's because this site has been featured in a youtube video which brought many people here who wouldn't have otherwise found the site, this could explain changes in users I guess. But in my case I just use it for my own venting rather than pay too much attention to what other people write, I'm personally not that interested in other people's opinions.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, loopdaloop, Passersby and 4 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am fairly new here and to be honest, I have found the forum to be helpful due to my ongoing SI and a constant struggle to keep myself alive. I don't know what this forum was like a couple of months ago. What I do feel is that sometimes (for me personally) I find the language some people have used a bit strong. However I have not taken any offence by this - as we all have different way of communicating our feelings and I hope that in this forum, we are all able to understand that. I just don't open posts which I think I might find upsetting or triggering (which for me can happen anywhere). Also we don't have to all agree about everything. Just feel like it is a shared space for people who live in a lot of pain and where we are not able to be ourselves. I did find a post extremely triggering and was physically sick as I was hit by flashbacks of CSA as a child - it took me a while to work through those feelings and I decided not to return to the post and said a silent apology to the person who posted the apology as clearly that person still had his pain to deal with. I am rambling now - apologies just trying to say that overall I have found the forum to be respectful.

Reactions: plan c
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the site has definitely changed overtime. I guess with the nature of this site and users changing in and out frequently, it is bound to have a lot of changes.

I do think since this site was exposed very publicly on youtube a big shift happened in the kind of members and content.

Reactions: plan c, raindrop9, Seered Doom and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Maybe it's because this site has been featured in a youtube video which brought many people here who wouldn't have otherwise found the site, this could explain changes in users I guess. But in my case I just use it for my own venting rather than pay too much attention to what other people write, I'm personally not that interested in other people's opinions.
Never would have guessed...
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the site has definitely changed overtime. I guess with the nature of this site and users changing in and out frequently, it is bound to have a lot of changes.

I do think since this site was exposed very publicly on youtube a big shift happened in the kind of members and content.
Any particular way?

Reactions: FlyAwayHoney
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
with tenta you know who's video, a lot of people saw it and found their way here from it, both good and bad. Some of which admitted to being minors. This means a lot of younger people are finding this place from YouTube.

Reactions: FlyAwayHoney
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
with tenta you know who's video, a lot of people saw it and found their way here from it, both good and bad. Some of which admitted to being minors. This means a lot of younger people are finding this place from YouTube.
I didn't even know that this was on YouTube. Not really appropriate for young people aged under 18. That is truly sad.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I didn't even know that this was on YouTube. Not really appropriate for young people aged under 18. That is truly sad.
Yeah, it's also irresponsible. He said he wants what's best for the kiddos, but this isn't safe for them.

FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
I for sure feel like there are a lot more younger people here these days. Or maybe Im just getting older…. haha

• Yay!
Reactions: Raindancer and tiger b
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
both can be correct

Reactions: tiger b and FlyAwayHoney
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Thank the BBC for their hard left anti choice nonsense, backed by a government who doesn't care if people kill themselves. We have a country where suicide methods are super accessible, a health service at breaking point and a society that's more and more pro suicide by the day. Its a recipe for a right mess.

They covered us a lot last week, it will take some time to calm down.

OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
This is not intended to debase any specific user or thread. Just something to vent about.
I'm not used to seeing content of blaming or hatred too often here. However recently I do come across some of the threads clustered with words of rage and malice between users, which are made out of bounds for those who seek help or advice under the true topic. I find it hopelessly frustrating.
If you see those things, report please . We don't see everything unfortunately.

Ofcourse it has changed, when I signed up almost 4 years ago it was small. Thanks to the unwanted advertising from multiple sources its a huge community.
But still I see a lot of love and support:)

Last edited:
Y

Yuna is My Waifu

Nov 19, 2023
I only heard about this site a little while ago, its certainly becoming more mainstream. With that comes good and bad.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Im a new user in here and all i can said is that i dont think i see corruption the way you do, in fact i think this's a great website to share your opinion without being judge. Maybe there's one of two people who's not respecting other people opinion. But i dont think this website is corrupted at all (well i can't say for sure in the next month or years due to the exposure that this website get from a certain youtube video) but for now, it's a good site to talk sensitive topic like suicide.